News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Western Illinois University's Black President Is Out  (Read 30 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Western Illinois University's Black President Is Out
« on: June 14, 2019, 06:38:12 PM »
Jack Thomas’s tenure is effectively over at Western Illinois University, bringing to an end a tumultuous leadership crisis that was fueled by state budget cuts and injected with race and local politics.
https://www.chronicle.com/article/After-a-Campaign-With-Racial/246496?cid=wcontentlist_hp_latest
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:53:40 PM by klg14 »
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Western Illinois University's Black President Is Out
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:11:48 PM »
 :(.........always hate to see a brutha or sistah go out Ike that, but I guess homeboy ultimately decided it was an untenable situation for him and his family.

Have never visited McComb, Illinois, but my homeboy has been there a time or two to see the Rattlers play Western Illinois in football. He said he felt like he had been caught in a time warp the first time he went there. I guess a town with a population of 18K that is 90% white is not likely to be too negro friendly.  :(

I wish the brutha well.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News