News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Candace Owens: Blacks Did Better In The First 100 Yrs After Slavery, The.....  (Read 363 times)

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

A lot of her talks are on welfare and slavery.  Anyway, it will not end well for her.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Was Candace Owens alive during those first 100 years after slavery? How does she know that Blacks did better in those first 100 years? It is easy for people like Ms Owens (and oldsport) in the 21st century to say dumb sh!t like that when they did not experience what those people went through. Hell, I doubt if she is old enough to remember the segregated jim crow South. But anyway, bless her heart.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Oh, and another thing, this heifer was born in 1989. What the hell can she tell me about anything. :no:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Was Candace Owens alive during those first 100 years after slavery? How does she know that Blacks did better in those first 100 years? It is easy for people like Ms Owens (and oldsport) in the 21st century to say dumb sh!t like that when they did not experience what those people went through. Hell, I doubt if she is old enough to remember the segregated jim crow South. But anyway, bless her heart.

Wonder did she study the Black Wall Street of Tulsa? Or every time Blacks began to do well, whites threw up barriers and roadblocks to success. And still do today.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
I would love to see Candace Owens debate Tara Dowdell

or

Karine Jean-Pierre

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Cornel West wasted his time with Candace Owens.  I think that Michael Eric Dyson debated or tried to debate her too.  It is just a waste of time.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Wonder did she study the Black Wall Street of Tulsa? Or every time Blacks began to do well, whites threw up barriers and roadblocks to success. And still do today.

+1

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.

Thank you; however, I am not feeling that today because we make too much money.  How can they stop us from putting a small amount of our money in a black bank?  How can they stop us from supporting a black business?
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Candance Owens is an ignorant little GOP puppet
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
Top 5 Black-Owned Banks in America

https://www.investopedia.com/personal-finance/top-5-blackowned-banks-america/
OS and Candace, we have just as much money seating in five banks as JP Morgan Chase, so are we really doing that bad.  I would like them to compare the average income of blacks the first years after slavery to our income based on 2018 dollars.

Here is a sample of what I mean based on the year 1960 amd 1981:
Median family income for both blacks and whites has increased over two decades. In 1960 the black median, measured in 1981 dollars to account for inflation, was $9,919, compared with $17,259 for whites. By 1981 the figures were $13,266 for blacks and $23,517 for whites.
https://www.nytimes.com/1983/07/18/us/income-gap-between-races-wide-as-in-1960-study-finds.html

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
OS and those who think like him, here is some information for you:
Here is the average weekly wage for 60 hours a week:

Occupation 1860,  1870,  1880,  1890
blacksmith, 10.68, 18.24, 15.54, 16.26
carpenter,    10.92, 24.60, 16.56, 19.32
machinist,     9.48, 15.60, 13.62, 14.58
laborers,        5.88,   9.36,   8.10,   9.06
https://outrunchange.com/2012/06/14/typical-wages-in-1860-through-1890/

So the best paying job in 1870 paid you 24.68 dollars for 60 hours of work. In 2017, it will be like a person like a person making $460 dolar a week for 60 hours of work which is $7.67 an hour. On the low end, a person would make $9.36 for 60 hours of work which is $175 dollars in 2017 which $2.92 per hour.  Most blacks were farm laborers, so were we better off in 1870 compared to 2017.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Candance Owens is an ignorant little GOP puppet

If you want to see Candace Owens exposed. Look for a Tree of Logic on YouTube.

She lays her out.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
That itch needs to be slapped in her mouth with a bag of nails with rust on them.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
I wonder if she really believe the bullsh!t she says, or she is just saying things to draw attention to herself so she can be featured on tv. Some people will do/say anything for attention.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News