News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Queen Sugar....  (Read 915 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Sugar....
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2019, 12:50:08 AM »
Micah is a little old to be wearing a romper.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2019, 12:04:58 PM »
^^^^^You know what. Nvm

Anyhoo, Not all dark corners need light" Aunt V better let em know.

Did Nova just tell the world Daddy Bordelon was a real hitta :lol:

She conquered Hollywood and Basketball what you think she’s gonna do to St. Joseph. Charlie is that Beyotch. But, I'm scared her. she up against a bunch of rich, racist a**  clear  folks.

Darla should've slapped the s**t out of Nova. Nova stole stories that was not for her to tell. I felt so sorry for her.

Now this n---a Davis. Every time Davis shows up he brings a headache with him. What the hell he want Nova to do?? Dam idiot
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
I guess Nova is now trying to atone by putting her secret, (daddy's secret),  out there.  :shrug: Nevertheless, ain't nobody feeling her. Even her little girlfriend was like, ;"b!tch you should have taken this when the store was open, -we are now closed."

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
^^^^^You know what. Nvm

She conquered Hollywood and Basketball what you think she’s gonna do to St. Joseph. Charlie is that Beyotch. But, I'm scared her. she up against a bunch of rich, racist a**  clear  folks.

Darla should've slapped the s**t out of Nova. Nova stole stories that was not for her to tell. I felt so sorry for her.

Now this n---a Davis. Every time Davis shows up he brings a headache with him. What the hell he want Nova to do?? Dam idiot

I'm okay with Davis bringing his daughter to meet her brother. That needed to happen.

What I don't understand is why Nova keeps trying to call her siblings and Aunt Vi, and book's been out for just a few days. Why not just go on your little book tour for six weeks, and THEN try to reach out. They've already said they don't wanna talk to you. What is wrong with Nova? I don't understand her. Why do you want acknowledgement / forgiveness from your family after throwing ALL OF THEM under the bus? :no:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2019, 03:30:47 PM »
^^^^^You know what. Nvm

She conquered Hollywood and Basketball what you think she’s gonna do to St. Joseph. Charlie is that Beyotch. But, I'm scared her. she up against a bunch of rich, racist a**  clear  folks.

I'm okay with Davis bringing his daughter to meet her brother. That needed to happen.

What I don't understand is why Nova keeps trying to call her siblings and Aunt Vi, and book's been out for just a few days. Why not just go on your little book tour for six weeks, and THEN try to reach out. They've already said they don't wanna talk to you. What is wrong with Nova? I don't understand her. Why do you want acknowledgement / forgiveness from your family after throwing ALL OF THEM under the bus? :no:

Yeah, but the way he did it was disrespectful to Charile. It is really up to Micah to develop a relationship with her and then soften his mother to the idea of meeting. Davis should not be involved at all. The kids had nothing to do with their parents screw-ups.

Nova is a trip, lurking outside, peeping in windows, haunting folk like she is the ghost of a crime committed many generations ago. I'm really trying to channel Charles Dickens today.  :nod:

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2019, 03:44:44 PM »
^^^ Very disrespectful. The level of disrespect that Davis has for Charley is unconscionable. He made the baby outside of his marriage & never told his wife about it until he was forced to. Then he has the audacity to bring that child to Charlie's home without talking to her about it first. He's such an a** ! He is always springing stuff up on Charley. He could've told Micah to meet him at a restaurant, hotel, literally anywhere else. Why bring his love child to her home?! Man has balls of steel. With his fine a-- ;D

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »
^^^^^You know what. Nvm

Yeah, but the way he did it was disrespectful to Charile. It is really up to Micah to develop a relationship with her and then soften his mother to the idea of meeting. Davis should not be involved at all. The kids had nothing to do with their parents screw-ups.

Nova is a trip, lurking outside, peeping in windows, haunting folk like she is the ghost of a crime committed many generations ago. I'm really trying to channel Charles Dickens today.  :nod:

From the dialogue it was my understanding that Davis didn't know Charlie was going to be at home, and his intention was to take Micah with him and the daughter to lunch or something like that. I don't think he intended to disrespect Charlie. Additionally, I don't think it's realistic to say "Davis shouldn't be involved at all". They are both his kids. He should be the one to initiate their relationship, and then see where they go from there. But if he doesn't initiate it, then the kids might not have ever met. As the father, that is HIS responsibility.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
Nova thinks her honesty on private lives will survive the emotion of family love . She is mistaken because people do not like to be hurt. Narcissist don’t ever think they are wrong.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2019, 07:49:33 PM »
Nova thinks her honesty on private lives will survive the emotion of family love . She is mistaken because people do not like to be hurt. Narcissist don’t ever think they are wrong.

I would agree. I was thinking how I would react if my sibling did that to me. I'd probably go years before I ever thought about speaking to them again.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2019, 08:05:02 PM »
^^^ Very disrespectful. The level of disrespect that Davis has for Charley is unconscionable. He made the baby outside of his marriage & never told his wife about it until he was forced to. Then he has the audacity to bring that child to Charlie's home without talking to her about it first. He's such an a** ! He is always springing stuff up on Charley. He could've told Micah to meet him at a restaurant, hotel, literally anywhere else. Why bring his love child to her home?! Man has balls of steel. With his fine a-- ;D

We will funk people like Davis but at the same time refuse to enjoy it.  ::) Ok, we will enjoy it, but won't go back for seconds. Ok, ok, we will go back for seconds, but will not marry them.  ::) Ok, I give. We will marry them and put up with the abuse until our best friend comes and drags us out of the house after we have been abused.  :blush:

Enough of this, I need to find a sheet and slip  over to A&T and cover  one of the members of the Greensboro 4 statue. The nerve of him sitting up at Trumps 4th of July mall rally skinning and grinning.  >:(   

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2019, 08:11:50 PM »
^^^^^You know what. Nvm

From the dialogue it was my understanding that Davis didn't know Charlie was going to be at home, and his intention was to take Micah with him and the daughter to lunch or something like that. I don't think he intended to disrespect Charlie. Additionally, I don't think it's realistic to say "Davis shouldn't be involved at all". They are both his kids. He should be the one to initiate their relationship, and then see where they go from there. But if he doesn't initiate it, then the kids might not have ever met. As the father, that is HIS responsibility.

Ivan, that is like you and your side chick stopping by your house to pick up something and your wife is unexpectedly home.
"I didn't know you would be here" is not going to cut it. It's dis-respectable to take her there to begin with. Davis  should have went to the house alone and picked up Micah.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »
When is somebody gonna slap fiya from Nova's face on because I'm all the way pissed how that lil boy came to Blu with that "you don't have a real dad" BS

The final scene of Queen Sugar got me. Blue and Ralph Angel represent what's not often shown in media. A father's pure unconditional love, blood or not.

Btw, I didn’t recognize Freddie Different World Cree Summers until the credits started rolling :o
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:52:59 AM by j1908 »

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »
  Btw, I didn’t recognize Freddie Different World Cree Summers until the credits started rolling :o 

Yes. I know, she is fifty. But, she look damn near sixty in Queen Sugar.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »

Oh wow, that was Cree Summers :o.  My wife's immediate reaction was "damn, she look a mess".

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2019, 12:28:53 AM »

Oh wow, that was Cree Summers :o.  My wife's immediate reaction was "damn, she look a mess".

She is going to be Nova's undoing. This is the main reason you don't go jumping back in bed with an ex. In the preview for next week, she was like, 'no this heffa didn't win this award on her first book, and I've been trying to get it all my life.' The claws are about to come off.  :nod:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News