News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Queen Sugar....  (Read 885 times)

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Sugar....
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 08:36:15 PM »
^^^^ He sure is. Nova had to talk to him to realize that the n---a ain't s**t? Make this make sense :crazy:
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »
Don’t think I’ve ever seen David Alan Grier in a dramatic role.

He’s playing it    :nod:

You ever watched, Tales from the hood?

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
Nova is about the worst villain on television. Where's Ike Turner, when you need him?

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2019, 10:16:23 PM »
Nova is a walking "woke" think piece. All talk with very little substance and totally missing the meaning of the activism that she pretends to espouse.

When Aunt Vi said “don’t bring no flowers to my grave. I don’t need you disturbing any more of my peace.” I hollered.

Nova makes me sick. I want to fight her myself.

But Hollywood, wasn’t playing with a--  :lol:

What even more messed-up. She's the reason for Jimmy Dale coming to town.  >:(

Also, Aunt Vi has Lupus. How can you bring that much drama into her life?

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2019, 11:35:30 PM »
Don’t think I’ve ever seen David Alan Grier in a dramatic role.

He’s playing it    :nod:

You ever watched, Tales from the hood?

I looked him up on IMDB and perhaps did see him, but his comedic roles were more memorable.
In Living Color
The Carmichael Show

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »
Micah thought he knew everything til Charlie started laying out death threats like Uno cards! Stay in a child’s place :lol:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2019, 07:15:17 PM »
In the closing scene while Nova was walking out of Aunt Vi's all disheveled, I was hoping Ava DuVernay would call up a giant flying  pterodactyl to swoop her up and drop her into a nearby Louisiana volcano.  ::)  My bad, all the  pterodactyls and volcanos are in Alabama, since they are so far behind the times.   :nod:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »
Micah thought he knew everything til Charlie started laying out death threats like Uno cards! Stay in a child’s place :lol:

Young bruh is sheltered but now trying to be hard. He need to pump the brakes before he gets jammed up again.

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2019, 10:38:18 PM »
In the closing scene while Nova was walking out of Aunt Vi's all disheveled, I was hoping Ava DuVernay would call up a giant flying  pterodactyl to swoop her up and drop her into a nearby Louisiana volcano.  ::)  My bad, all the  pterodactyls and volcanos are in Alabama, since they are so far behind the times.   :nod:

Good one.

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2019, 10:40:06 PM »

Young bruh is sheltered but now trying to be hard. He need to pump the brakes before he gets jammed up again.

He was starting to smell himself.

Online BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 10:44:21 PM »
Ralph Angel's love interest has found out about his past. At least, she isn't judgemental, or close minded.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 07:16:30 AM »
I see they got a Sister for his love interest. Because we wasn’t having it last season with the Asian chick. Nope.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »
I see they got a Sister for his love interest. Because we wasn’t having it last season with the Asian chick. Nope.

I'm not feeling the Mexican dude either, but I try to keep an open mind on such matters. The high point of the episode was where Charlie decided to help him open a clinic for the workers.  :clap: I have nothing against interracial dating, I just hate when people make it a priority in their relationships. I have young relative who never dated black and never will.  :brickwall:

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 11:25:40 PM »
^^^^ He sure is. Nova had to talk to him to realize that the n---a ain't s**t? Make this make sense :crazy:

Sorry I'm late y'all............................................ :lol:

Yea.......I'm not understanding Nova at all. Why the hell would you go and TALK TO THAT FOOL. ::)
Then she went on that show about the book and made it seem like she and her family have talked everything out and are healed. It's clear at this point, that she's only motivated by dealing with her OWN demons, but taking her family down with her. I'm with Aunt Vi.......................she would never be welcome in my house ever again. :no:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »
If you think Ralph Angel told her off, Auntie Vi is gonna light her @zz up next week. 

Ready to see what havoc Jimmy Dale is gonna wreak over the next few episodes

Watched the episode last night after coming home from vacation...............................

What I don't get about Nova is this.............
She keeps saying how revealing all this information is going to "help" so many families. That may or may not be true. But how does it help HER family. Revealing that her nephew is illigetimate when he's 6 years old? Saying your sister gets ahead because she's lightskinned and mean / selfish? Saying your aunt has been weak as long as you've known her? How's that fair to the family, regardless of if it helps other families or not? The information her sister told her about the divorce and whatnot was privileged information. Why would she put that out there for all the world to see? How does she know that her brother wasn't going to tell his son about the circumstances of his birth, once he got older?

Nova's character is a CLEAR example of someone taking selfishness to the next level. At no point does she believe this will be helpful to her family because if she did, she would've asked their permission to expose them, OR she would have made the book fictional. If she were my sister, we probably wouldn't talk for many, many years if at all.  :no:
Worst than that. Telling him he's not your nephew and the man he calls daddy ain't his daddy.  :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News