News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Queen Sugar....  (Read 1318 times)

Online Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Sugar....
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 10:53:48 PM »
Quote from: j1908 link=topic= :vomit:146951.msg1089027#msg1089027 date=1561165964
She is a textbook narcissist. II'm not even a Bordelon, but I wanna kick Nova in the throat.

She has always despised Charlie, for some odd reason. I remember the time, she took money from the farm account to bail someone out of jail. SMH.

Spoiler alert....

IMO, Nova's deep seated resentment of Charley has to do with the privilege reference in the closing scene......Charley's skin tone, marrying a professional athlete, the life she lived in CA both as a child and as an adult, etc.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 11:45:03 PM »
If you think Ralph Angel told her off, Auntie Vi is gonna light her @zz up next week. 

Ready to see what havoc Jimmy Dale is gonna wreak over the next few episodes
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 01:06:25 AM »
Who is Jimmy Dale, is he Vi's ex? I don't remember the back story, what is it? Micah is bugging me too. I know he is they typical young person, and is like a flag in the wind, but boy needs to use his brain before he follows the pack and starts hitting people.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 07:38:44 AM »
Quote from: j1908 link=topic= :vomit:146951.msg1089027#msg1089027 date=1561165964
She is a textbook narcissist. II'm not even a Bordelon, but I wanna kick Nova in the throat.

She has always despised Charlie, for some odd reason. I remember the time, she took money from the farm account to bail someone out of jail. SMH.

Spoiler alert....

IMO, Nova's deep seated resentment of Charley has to do with the privilege reference in the closing scene......Charley's skin tone, marrying a professional athlete, the life she lived in CA both as a child and as an adult, etc.

The life she thought she (Nova) deserved. Nova wants what Charlie has. I wouldn't be surprised if she calculated Micah to turn against his mom.
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 09:56:54 AM »
Who is Jimmy Dale, is he Vi's ex? I don't remember the back story, what is it? Micah is bugging me too. I know he is they typical young person, and is like a flag in the wind, but boy needs to use his brain before he follows the pack and starts hitting people.

Jimmy is Viv’s ex.

Another thing, Nova had the audacity to say Charley is complicit in the oppression of black people like Charley ain’t been the one doing the work while she sit her pretentious a**  at home and write bulls**t, girl ph--k you. 

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:02:16 AM by j1908 »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 08:48:11 PM »
It's one thing to write crap about your half sister but it shocked the shyt out of me that she wrote about her brother from the same parent. :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »
Aunt Vi is going to flip out when Jimmy Dale shows up.  Hollywood may try to beat his butt.  You know Hollywood don't want anyone messing with his Honey Vi.   :lol:

Blue is going to find out that Ralph Angel is not his daddy and that is going to devastate him and Darla.

Micah is discovering his blackness and he is torn.  He likes the rich privilege life, but he wants his new black friends.  Plus his girlfriend has probably put that "black girl magic" on him and he has lost his mind.  The power of the "P".   :lmao:

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 04:49:46 PM »
I'm still shaking my head in disgust at Nova. How do you justify ruining your family for fame?

Also, the cutie talking to Ralph Angel is a Public Defender. I wonder, how it's going to go?

Finally, Nova has poisoned Micah with her pro-black bullshyt.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »
So, is this a night time soap opera???

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »
“.....

Soooo, pro black is bullshyt?  Since when?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 11:10:15 AM »
“.....

I actually feel her influence has been positive. It is now up to him to take all the information and figure out where he fits.
This is something all young people have to do.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2019, 12:03:58 PM »
“.....

No. Nova's version of black power is bullshyt. What has she really done?

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 02:05:49 PM »
If you think Ralph Angel told her off, Auntie Vi is gonna light her @zz up next week. 

Ready to see what havoc Jimmy Dale is gonna wreak over the next few episodes

Watched the episode last night after coming home from vacation...............................

What I don't get about Nova is this.............
She keeps saying how revealing all this information is going to "help" so many families. That may or may not be true. But how does it help HER family. Revealing that her nephew is illigetimate when he's 6 years old? Saying your sister gets ahead because she's lightskinned and mean / selfish? Saying your aunt has been weak as long as you've known her? How's that fair to the family, regardless of if it helps other families or not? The information her sister told her about the divorce and whatnot was privileged information. Why would she put that out there for all the world to see? How does she know that her brother wasn't going to tell his son about the circumstances of his birth, once he got older?

Nova's character is a CLEAR example of someone taking selfishness to the next level. At no point does she believe this will be helpful to her family because if she did, she would've asked their permission to expose them, OR she would have made the book fictional. If she were my sister, we probably wouldn't talk for many, many years if at all.  :no:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 08:18:58 PM »
Nova is a walking "woke" think piece. All talk with very little substance and totally missing the meaning of the activism that she pretends to espouse.

When Aunt Vi said “don’t bring no flowers to my grave. I don’t need you disturbing any more of my peace.” I hollered.

Nova makes me sick. I want to fight her myself.

But Hollywood, wasn’t playing with a--  :lol:

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 08:31:29 PM »
 Don’t think I’ve ever seen David Alan Grier in a dramatic role.

He’s playing it    :nod:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News