News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Queen Sugar....  (Read 1645 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Sugar....
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2019, 09:19:34 PM »
She is going to be Nova's undoing. This is the main reason you don't go jumping back in bed with an ex. In the preview for next week, she was like, 'no this heffa didn't win this award on her first book, and I've been trying to get it all my life.' The claws are about to come off.  :nod:

I did see claws.  :nod:
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2019, 01:27:13 PM »
^ Cree Summers came out with the claws and scratches. I took the backwoods stench off of you  :o

Nova is so delusional. Your family does NOT care about any awards. What did Billy D say to Ms.Ross " Success is nothing, unless you share it with the one you love. She should have thought about family before throwing them under the mucking bus.

I liked how Ralph was open to counseling. Everyone should have access to mental health care! Free or low cost! It's so helpful and necessary!

Last but not least. I see Mr. Prosper getting his Mack on  :lol: He said " I got a few steaks, she said she would bring the wine. Alllllllllllllllllllllright now.
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2019, 12:32:22 AM »
Queen Sugar has had many good episodes, but by far, this latest is the strongest of the series 3 year history.  The writing for each storyline was excellent from top to bottom. I feel like I have been waiting all my life for a well written black drama. The interesting thing is the fact that the series is realistic, with a minimum amount of exaggerations.

Have and Have Nots, and Ambitions are a joke. Never seen Greenleaf so I can't speak about it.  The new drama, David Makes Man, appears to be taking the high quality nod  from Queen Sugar.

I understand what Oprah had to do to get her network started, she basically jumping into bed with Tyler Perry by feeding the hungry baby sugar water and jelly sandwiches.

Now that she has our attention, she is raising the bar. This is something networks have failed to do in the past.  Remember when FOX started as a network years ago? They introduced a slate of urban comedy shows to attract viewers, but instead of investing in the black audience, they eventually canceled all those shows and used their new found success to invest in high quality shows for white audiences.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:35:24 AM by Capler »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2019, 01:37:46 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out, why Nova sold her family out. Nova is the most self-absorbed self righteous sista I have ever seen she hurts people w/her actions and justifies it with feminism.i want to know did  she detail how she was throwing it back for a MARRIED WHITE COP?! Since she wanna set everyone the ph--k free!!! Crazy heifer
LMABAO!!!!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2019, 02:12:38 AM »
I'm glad to see folks are finding interest in the weekly series call Queen Sugar. While it some what accurately portrays life in south Louisiana By mixing in the era of the 50's with a modern day twist. I take strong issue with the writers intentionally omitting the crucial role that Southern University played in educating the black community and it's farmers. They would have you believe that LSU and all the other PWI's were the primary source of education for people like my uncles,  aunts,  and cousins. To this day many of our own don't even know that Southern main campus was originally in New Orleans.

Below is an archive photo of Presdient William McKinley reception at Southern University main campus when it was located in New Orleans.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:McKinleyReception2May1901SouthernUniversityNOLA.jpeg

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
I'm glad to see folks are finding interest in the weekly series call Queen Sugar. While it some what accurately portrays life in south Louisiana By mixing in the era of the 50's with a modern day twist. I take strong issue with the writers intentionally omitting the crucial role that Southern University played in educating the black community and it's farmers. They would have you believe that LSU and all the other PWI's were the primary source of education for people like my uncles,  aunts,  and cousins. To this day many of our own don't even know that Southern main campus was originally in New Orleans.

Below is an archive photo of Presdient William McKinley reception at Southern University main campus when it was located in New Orleans.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:McKinleyReception2May1901SouthernUniversityNOLA.jpeg

I agree,  in Ambitions, the main players went to Morehouse and Spelman.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »
Those two ladies was kissing like Husband and Wife. I was like they really was tonguing each other's throat. My Mother was like WTH when she saw them Kissing like no tomorrow. :snicker :lmao: :lmao: :snicker :snicker :snicker :snicker :snicker :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: But I like the show but I'm waiting on Greenleaf in September for an  :offtopic: comment. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »
I'm thinking Charlie is  going to win the council election but will turn right around and have a relationship with Jacob, just to get even with his mother. I wonder if the great grand mother secret is what  Aunt Vi threatened Brother Landry with a few episodes back?  :shrug:

Speaking of family secrets involving race, black families know this information because it is passed down. That is not the case with white families, or black individuals who are trying to hide their racial identity.  Usually after one or two generations, those white famiies don't even know they have  black ancestors.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2019, 07:28:19 PM »

I'm thinking Charlie is  going to win the council election but will turn right around and have a relationship with Jacob, just to get even with his mother. I wonder if the great grand mother secret is what  Aunt Vi threatened Brother Landry with a few episodes back?  :shrug:

Speaking of family secrets involving race, black families know this information because it is passed down. That is not the case with white families, or black individuals who are trying to hide their racial identity.  Usually after one or two generations, those white famiies don't even know they have  black ancestors.

Lol.....you are clearly misreading her character if that's what you think.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2019, 09:32:13 AM »

Lol.....you are clearly misreading her character if that's what you think.

The only way to bring down Mama Landry is to shake the family tree. So far, nothing she has done has worked. Son is the weak link because he has always been smitten by Charlie.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »
The only way to bring down Mama Landry is to shake the family tree. So far, nothing she has done has worked. Son is the weak link because he has always been smitten by Charlie.

I agree that he's smitten with Charlie. However, she is not going to sleep with him.  ::) :no: :popcorn:
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
Sorry, I didn’t like Ralph A new woman anyway. After she told her child Ralph A wasn’t Blue’s daddy. I was like girl that was not your place. I didn't expect Ralph Angel to be so forthcoming with being in love with Darlaalways root for Darla and RA.

Btw, Why Jacob acting like he didn't know his Mama is a racist?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:49:58 AM by j1908 »
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2019, 10:50:36 AM »
^^^^
I’m rooting for Darla too.  I was sad she relapsed, but she wasn’t following the steps.  Never called her sponsor  :shrug:

I’m not sure I understand why RA was so unforgiving to Darla that they broke up.  Glad to see he’s revisiting that.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2019, 11:24:10 AM »
Sorry, I didn’t like Ralph A new woman anyway. After she told her child Ralph A wasn’t Blue’s daddy. I was like girl that was not your place. I didn't expect Ralph Angel to be so forthcoming with being in love with Darlaalways root for Darla and RA.

Btw, Why Jacob acting like he didn't know his Mama is a racist?

I must have missed that part about Blue. It was my understanding that parents read the book, and it was a topic of discussion on the school yard, when some one questioned Blue about it.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »
^^^^
I’m rooting for Darla too.  I was sad she relapsed, but she wasn’t following the steps.  Never called her sponsor  :shrug:

I’m not sure I understand why RA was so unforgiving to Darla that they broke up.  Glad to see he’s revisiting that.

It's very hard to get past your partner being unfaithful, but when there is a child as a reminder,....

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News