News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Best Buy closing Alabama location  (Read 108 times)

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Best Buy closing Alabama location
« on: August 05, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »
https://www.al.com/news/2019/08/best-buy-closing-alabama-location.html

I'm still wondering, how are they still in business with the brick-and-mortar stores? Also, they don't even service Android phone;just those damn Iphone.  :(

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Best Buy closing Alabama location
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »

I'm still wondering, how are they still in business with the brick-and-mortar stores? Also, they don't even service Android phone;just those damn Iphone.  :(

I'm wondering that too.  Hell, Amazon will deliver the tv to your front door and you don't have to worry about trying to fit it into the car. I remember those days of taking the thing out of the box in the parking lot just to make it fit into the backseat.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
Just have them deliver and take the old one away  :shrug:

Some folk just want to have drama.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »
Best Buy does a lot of online sales.  They change their inventory through out the year.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »
You can get price match if the Best Buy internet price is lower than the store price.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »

I'm wondering that too.  Hell, Amazon will deliver the tv to your front door and you don't have to worry about trying to fit it into the car. I remember those days of taking the thing out of the box in the parking lot just to make it fit into the backseat.

Hell, you should visit Illinois and Texas. They are building distribution centers at a alarming rate. Now, I do all my shopping online. Hell, when you are 6'6 with size 17 feet. Going into the store is a damn joke.

Also, I had to purchase a new HVAC unit for our home. The white man told my wife $5500 for labor and the unit. Hell, I went online and bought the unit wholesale  for $2500, and had it installed  for $1300. See, I love online shopping.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »
Best Buy does a lot of online sales.  They change their inventory through out the year.

I think, they are focusing heavy on the online than brick-and-mortar.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 11:16:12 AM »

Are your kids tall also?

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 12:08:45 PM »

Are your kids tall also?

No. I don't have any children. It's just me, and Mrs. Wiregrass.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News