News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: College grad flees US to avoid crippling student loan debt  (Read 87 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Don't be fooled!
    • View Profile

“College ruined my life to the fullest extent, and my life is a constant reminder of that.”

A Pennsylvania man who was saddled with crippling student debt after graduating from college — but with no job in sight after four years — bought a one-way ticket to China to leave his financial woes behind, according to a report.

“I had to escape this debtors’ prison. It felt like there was no other choice,” Chad Albright told the York Daily Record. “That’s what America became to me, a prison. So I left.”

Albright began delivering pizzas right after high school to save up for college tuition before enrolling in Millersville University at age 25 as the oldest student in his classes.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/college-grad-flees-us-to-avoid-crippling-student-loan-debt/

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: College grad flees US to avoid crippling student loan debt
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
Man. :no:

Its real out here. Older generations dont get it because they are so far removed from it.

I remember when our brother westcoast shared with us the pain he has living in loan default, and how Maroon and Grey ridiculed him. Theres going to be a revolution behind this. There is no reason for it to take 15,20 years to pay for an undergrad degree. Hopefully I can pay mine off by next summer, but its been hell and I will be 30. Back in the old days, with the money I spent on a degree, i could have a house  stay at home wife, white picket fence, a dog, and 2.5 kids along with my car. How I look nutting in a chick in an apartment while giving sallie mae a grand a month? And I am doing better than most because I will have it paid off before standard payment. Its a racket man.

Baby boomers really did kill us. They killed this country. It will never be great again. :no:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Don't be fooled!
    • View Profile
Re: College grad flees US to avoid crippling student loan debt
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »
College tuition is no joke now...not to mention what has to be shelled out for books. Granted, there is a rate of inflation but gaaadaaammm!!! Even on the public college level, the costs are really up there.  Considering OTHER countries are able to offer a FREE college experience, this GUBMENT could really do more to curb costs. Honestly, I think they actually drive up the costs.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News