News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Have you attended any class reunions?  (Read 365 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Have you attended any class reunions?
« on: June 11, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
Have you attended any of your class reunions since graduating from high school? I have been to all of mines. The funny part is which I didn't notice until I sent the pictures out to my boys is that majority of all the fellas are in shape. Can't say the same for the sistas. Lol We had close to like 140 people at the banquet, and way over 200 plus at the meet and greet Friday and at the picnic at the park Sunday.

"Bulldog for Life"

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Have you attended any class reunions?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »
Well cee, I would love to get the sistas' side of the story.  :lol:

But to answer your question, no I have never been to any of my high school reunions.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 06:58:41 PM »
My 20th class reunion is coming up in 2021. I'm curious to see some certain faces.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:32 PM »
Have you attended any of your class reunions since graduating from high school? I have been to all of mines. The funny part is which I didn't notice until I sent the pictures out to my boys is that majority of all the fellas are in shape. Can't say the same for the sistas. Lol We had close to like 140 people at the banquet, and way over 200 plus at the meet and greet Friday and at the picnic at the park Sunday.

My experience has been that every body was big. The only variance was that some were bigger than others.  :nod:

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:56:51 PM »
Yes - High School 20 year, 25 year, and 30 year
College - 25 year.  Prayerfully attending college 30 year in 2020.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 10:19:34 PM »
I made my 10th and my 40th.  Unfortunately we had a segregated class reunion just like we had a segregated prom. To their credit 2 white guys who played on the football team showed up to see their former teammates and then left. :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 10:27:06 PM »
I made my 10th and my 40th.  Unfortunately we had a segregated class reunion just like we had a segregated prom. To their credit 2 white guys who played on the football team showed up to see their former teammates and then left. :shrug:

At least they showed up!! I still remember the divisiveness that was in Shades Valley when my brother went there before he went to Jones Valley. 

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 10:59:14 PM »
Yes, I was the speaker at my reunion.,  I was honored since I had transferred to the causaian high school.  The ladies were in excellent shape.  Of course, the brothers did no It look too shabby, either.  We had guest to come back to GA. from New Jersey, North Carolina, California, New York, South Carolina, and New Jersey.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:54:58 PM by SSUTigerFan »

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »
I went to my 5,10,15,20 and 25 year reunions. Skipped out on my 30th back in 2015.

If I had to rank them as far as how much fun I had, it would be
1) 10th
2) 15th,
3) 5th,
4) 25th
5) 20th

I had fun at all of them, however.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 06:02:57 AM »

Your high school sucked.

My principal would have never tolerated separate proms. 

I went to my ten year and twenty five year.  I've been to two multi-year reunions.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »
 ::) Naaaa....its not my thing and there is nobody I want to see who I don't already see or have contact with. Heyal, I didn't even go to my senior or junior prom. I did go to my Jr. High school [9th grade] prom. I'm good. Don't feel like I missed anything at all.   :popcorn:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 11:13:36 AM »
I never really got the point of these, but I knew even before I graduated most of the people at my school werent gonna amount to much, and if I stayed in the UK the same would be true for me.

Im not the guy they went to school anymore, and its good. We have nothing in common with each other any more.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 11:49:35 AM »

Your high school sucked.

I went to my ten year and twenty five year.  I've been to two multi-year reunions.
I saw the principal some years later in a VA. hospital while wearing my uniform and he apologized for being so racist. But guess what, most of the  whites who wouldn't come to prom or reunion with us are trump supporters, just like you.   :nod:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 01:20:25 PM »
But guess what, most of the  whites who wouldn't come to prom or reunion with us are trump supporters, just like you.   :nod:

Nuh uhh! You don't say?
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 01:41:52 PM »

Your high school sucked.

I saw the principal some years later in a VA. hospital while wearing my uniform and he apologized for being so racist. But guess what, most of the  whites who wouldn't come to prom or reunion with us are trump supporters, just like you.   :nod:

If you about "That life" as much as you portray on here then I hope you spat in his face.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News