News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Lets have a non political discussion about abortion.  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have a non political discussion about abortion.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »
......and Capler still hasn’t responded to my question.  :tiptoe:
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2019, 06:40:34 AM »
Why does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?

If you keep getting pregnant and having abortions it means you are fairly dumb.

Why?

This sounds like masucline woman shaming. A woman who gets multiple abortions isnt dumb.

What would be dumb is bringing kids in the world you cant afford, thus ruining the lives of many people.

It is dumb when you keep paying a doctor needlessly for the same avoidable medical procedure.  And yes, having multiple kids when you can't afford one is dumb also.

Its not needless if the woman doesnt want the baby. :shrug:

I personally do not believe in abortion (except in the case of oldsport and neymar) however, I can't get pregnant either.  I believe it should always be the right of the woman to choose if they are not married, if married it should be a joint decision.

Unless the husband can carry the baby its still the womans right to choose...unless perhaps you agree that a woman gives up her body in marriage?
This let’s me know that your dumb a**  has never been married. A marriage is a partnership. You make joint decision. If a wife aborts a baby without talking to her husband I’m sure in most cases the marriage will end if he finds out. P. S. I don’t believe she will be able to hide that she had the procedure from him unless he is as dumb as you are. You really need to stay in your dayum lane. ::)

It doesnt matter if its a "Partnership". Its her body.

Unless the man will have to give up a year of his life, rupture his genitals, and have his energy sapped by a PARASITE then he should have NO say. :shrug:
Yeah, if you can get three married people on here to agree with that BS I'll consider it valid otherwise you can kick rocks. ::)

An appeal to popularity?
What would popularity have to do with it????  If you are correct they would say you are correct, however you always try to chime in and give advice on things you have no experience in.  You are giving advice on marriage when you have never been married.  That is stupid as heyal.  You also try to give advice on child rearing when you can hardly get a piece from your hand let alone make a baby. But I guess you should get a few point for being childish. ::) So what you have to say has little to no merit to me.  I personally believe that the only way most wives would have an abortion without talking to her husband is that the baby is going look like the mailman.  By the way, I wouldn't say that I'm that popular on this board but I guess it fair to say that most folks on here are more popular than you.

An "Appeal to popularity" is a logical fallacy in which someone tries to say they are correct because other people agree with them, not a literal popularity check on this very forum.

We dont need to ask anybody on here. How about you tell your wife:

"You have no autonomy over your body unless I say so"

and tell us how she replies :popcorn:

I dont have to be married to tell you what she will say to you in that situation. Ive been places where women have no rights. You are not gonna be able to pull that on a modern western woman. You'll catch more hot grits than Al Greene :tiptoe: :tiptoe:
How do you know are you or have you been someone's wife????? Your statement let's me know you don't have a fcuking clue about the institution of marriage.  You might want to talk to some married women before you come out of your pie hole about what a married woman would do.  That BS you just spouted is the real "Appeal to popularity". ::)  By the way this has nothing to do with a woman not having rights this has to do with what goes on in a marriage which you have no idea about. ::)

You wont do it  ;)

Because you know how bad it sounds what you suggested.

Its HER body
Its HER choice

Just because you put a cheap ring on her finger doesn't mean you own her.
Now I understand why you can't get laid, you are a moron and I am a moron for debating this with you. The marriage vows which you obviously know nothing about says "they are no longer twain but one flesh." Again yes its her body her choice and its my choice not to be married to a wife who makes that kind of decision without us coming to a mutual agreement.  If you get married and make a major decision without consulting your husband it will become clear to you.

So it officially isnt her choice in your eyes?

Honestly I think this may be a generational thing, or perhaps even my laid back approach to relationships.

If I respect a woman enough to wife her, then I respect her enough to trust the decisions she make with her body. I would never think of divorcing her for doing what she feels best.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »
My response and only response Why are men having a discussion about about abortion?
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »
Neymar, suppose the two of you get into a big fight and she uses her pregnancy  as a weapon to get even with you. Do you feel you have no say so in the situation? Trust me, I've seen that stage play many times. Then you have others who will give birth and also use the child as a weapon against the father.  :shrug:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »
My response and only response Why are men having a discussion about about abortion?

Men provide half the genes, so that makes him an investor. But I do feel men should not use laws to force the issue.  Both people involved should come together and make the decision. Women don't have the biological right to remove men from the process. I don't feel women have more rights because she carries the child for 9 months. That is simply one of the consequences of biology, everyone knew going in. If you don't want to carry a child, don't put yourself in a situation where you have to.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »
Neymar, suppose the two of you get into a big fight and she uses her pregnancy  as a weapon to get even with you. Do you feel you have no say so in the situation? Trust me, I've seen that stage play many times. Then you have others who will give birth and also use the child as a weapon against the father.  :shrug:

If shes that spiteful then the baby would, more than likely, be a lost cause anyway.

I would hold the L and divorce her. If the kid is already in the world I would try to get full custody. If I couldnt I would set up a 2 funds. One in a bank account used solely to provide child support payments. Another in a trust that would be given to the kid at 18. I would probably cease contact with both though.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »

If shes that spiteful then the baby would, more than likely, be a lost cause anyway.

I would hold the L and divorce her. If the kid is already in the world I would try to get full custody. If I couldnt I would set up a 2 funds. One in a bank account used solely to provide child support payments. Another in a trust that would be given to the kid at 18. I would probably cease contact with both though.

You sound like you will make a good daddy. Don't let Que know I said that, or he will go bonkers and start calling me names too. He's still reeling from that prom gun photo, so if you really want to finish the job, this is the time to do it, considering his weakened state.   :nod:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »

You sound like you will make a good daddy. Don't let Que know I said that, or he will go bonkers and start calling me names too. He's still reeling from that prom gun photo, so if you really want to finish the job, this is the time to do it, considering his weakened state.   :nod:

I would be open minded and accepting. I know African men have a pretty poor reputation for being distant or strict but that is not how I would run my ship.

I think a child's expression is the best thing they have going for themselves.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
In 2015, unmarried women accounted for 86% of all abortions (CDC).

https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2019, 05:34:52 PM »

This

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2019, 09:54:05 PM »

That's right encourage him to come out in the deep water where the sharks can eat him alive. Good daddy my ass.  Neither one of you have the credentials to know what parenting is, let alone good parenting. The only way a women would get pregnant from that clown is if she came in contact with residue from his hand. ::)   By the way next time you need to put some speck on my name.
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2019, 10:01:33 PM »
Why does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?

If you keep getting pregnant and having abortions it means you are fairly dumb.

Why?

This sounds like masucline woman shaming. A woman who gets multiple abortions isnt dumb.

What would be dumb is bringing kids in the world you cant afford, thus ruining the lives of many people.

It is dumb when you keep paying a doctor needlessly for the same avoidable medical procedure.  And yes, having multiple kids when you can't afford one is dumb also.

Its not needless if the woman doesnt want the baby. :shrug:

I personally do not believe in abortion (except in the case of oldsport and neymar) however, I can't get pregnant either.  I believe it should always be the right of the woman to choose if they are not married, if married it should be a joint decision.

Unless the husband can carry the baby its still the womans right to choose...unless perhaps you agree that a woman gives up her body in marriage?
This let’s me know that your dumb a**  has never been married. A marriage is a partnership. You make joint decision. If a wife aborts a baby without talking to her husband I’m sure in most cases the marriage will end if he finds out. P. S. I don’t believe she will be able to hide that she had the procedure from him unless he is as dumb as you are. You really need to stay in your dayum lane. ::)

It doesnt matter if its a "Partnership". Its her body.

Unless the man will have to give up a year of his life, rupture his genitals, and have his energy sapped by a PARASITE then he should have NO say. :shrug:
Yeah, if you can get three married people on here to agree with that BS I'll consider it valid otherwise you can kick rocks. ::)

An appeal to popularity?
What would popularity have to do with it????  If you are correct they would say you are correct, however you always try to chime in and give advice on things you have no experience in.  You are giving advice on marriage when you have never been married.  That is stupid as heyal.  You also try to give advice on child rearing when you can hardly get a piece from your hand let alone make a baby. But I guess you should get a few point for being childish. ::) So what you have to say has little to no merit to me.  I personally believe that the only way most wives would have an abortion without talking to her husband is that the baby is going look like the mailman.  By the way, I wouldn't say that I'm that popular on this board but I guess it fair to say that most folks on here are more popular than you.

An "Appeal to popularity" is a logical fallacy in which someone tries to say they are correct because other people agree with them, not a literal popularity check on this very forum.

We dont need to ask anybody on here. How about you tell your wife:

"You have no autonomy over your body unless I say so"

and tell us how she replies :popcorn:

I dont have to be married to tell you what she will say to you in that situation. Ive been places where women have no rights. You are not gonna be able to pull that on a modern western woman. You'll catch more hot grits than Al Greene :tiptoe: :tiptoe:
How do you know are you or have you been someone's wife????? Your statement let's me know you don't have a fcuking clue about the institution of marriage.  You might want to talk to some married women before you come out of your pie hole about what a married woman would do.  That BS you just spouted is the real "Appeal to popularity". ::)  By the way this has nothing to do with a woman not having rights this has to do with what goes on in a marriage which you have no idea about. ::)

You wont do it  ;)

Because you know how bad it sounds what you suggested.

Its HER body
Its HER choice

Just because you put a cheap ring on her finger doesn't mean you own her.
Now I understand why you can't get laid, you are a moron and I am a moron for debating this with you. The marriage vows which you obviously know nothing about says "they are no longer twain but one flesh." Again yes its her body her choice and its my choice not to be married to a wife who makes that kind of decision without us coming to a mutual agreement.  If you get married and make a major decision without consulting your husband it will become clear to you.

So it officially isnt her choice in your eyes?

Honestly I think this may be a generational thing, or perhaps even my laid back approach to relationships.

If I respect a woman enough to wife her, then I respect her enough to trust the decisions she make with her body. I would never think of divorcing her for doing what she feels best.
So what do you base you premise on "Ifs."   :nono2: Ifs don't cut it in real life, so if you haven't been there you wouldn't understand. Taking marital advice from you is like taking marital advice from a counseling whose been divorced 13 times. I realize you African are trying to over that stigma of being a controlling husband but I not sure what made you feel comfortable enough to try to critique my opinion on this issue.  You do you and I'll do me!
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2019, 10:08:20 PM »
Hummmm???? Well y'all talk about football.  That's all I got. :shrug:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2019, 12:40:42 AM »

Ouch!

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2019, 06:28:30 AM »

:o

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule