News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Lets have a non political discussion about abortion.  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Lets have a non political discussion about abortion.
« on: May 17, 2019, 02:14:13 PM »
I hope this discussion does not become a political finger pointing pissing contest. I would like to have this discussion based on your personal beliefs.

For me, I don't like abortions but I'm not against them either. I feel young people are entitled to one mistake, and should have the option of getting an abortion. But it also leaves a very bad taste in my mouth when folk use it a revolving door birth control method.

With that said, I don't feel men should have a right to tell a woman what she can or cannot  do with her body. Women and only women should decide that. If you can deal with it, fine get an abortion. If it is not for you, stay clear.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have a non political discussion about abortion.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »
Why does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Its a medical procedure which, if you use contraception, has nothing to do with you. Do you wish to police condom or the morning after pill usage?

Whether or not someone uses it as their birth control method is their business. :shrug:

Abortion, to me , is freedom. A womans right to choose how she lives her life. They give up so much for us, this is the least we can give them.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
What facts do you have people use it as a revolving door birth control method?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
I personally do not believe in abortion (except in the case of oldsport and neymar) however, I can't get pregnant either.  I believe it should always be the right of the woman to choose if they are not married, if married it should be a joint decision.
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GO, BOWIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 02:44:49 PM »
Anti-abortion Rep. Tim Murphy resigns after report he asked lover to end pregnancy

STORY LINK RIGHT HERE

Nice tie but he is like the many other hypocritical, entitled priviliged a$$wipes who want to infringe on the rights of others....BUT BELIEVE IT SHOULD NOT APPLY TO THEM.  ::)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GO, BOWIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 02:47:48 PM »
Alabama Executes a Murderer a Day After Banning Abortions

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/us/michael-samra-execution.html

:shrug:  Soooo, you're PRO-LIFE AND PRO-DEATH PENALTY? Thats like being ANTI-GAY AND HAPPILY STRUTTING YOUR HIGH HEELS  AT A GAY PRIDE FESTIVAL....which one is it? Cannot have it both ways you morons.

THESE CLOWNS LOOK AS STUPID....AS THEY LOOK!!!
    ::)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »
I personally do not believe in abortion (except in the case of oldsport and neymar) however, I can't get pregnant either.  I believe it should always be the right of the woman to choose if they are not married, if married it should be a joint decision.

Unless the husband can carry the baby its still the womans right to choose...unless perhaps you agree that a woman gives up her body in marriage?

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 04:28:26 PM »
Are any of you males on this site against a prostatectomy???  Hey let us let the women on this site decide.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:55 PM »

If you keep getting pregnant and having abortions it means you are fairly dumb.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 05:19:37 PM »
Really depends upon the circumstances-- lot males keep getting VD although he have condoms-.

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
In any event here is some data for you to consider.

January 2017

The abortion rate in the United States fell to its lowest level since the historic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalized abortion nationwide, a new report finds.

The report by the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports legalized abortion, puts the rate at 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age (ages 15-44) in 2014. That's the lowest recorded rate since the Roe decision in 1973. The abortion rate has been declining for decades — down from a peak of 29.3 in 1980 and 1981.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/17/509734620/u-s-abortion-rate-falls-to-lowest-level-since-roe-v-wade

The number of abortions reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention fell by 2 percent year over year and by 24 percent over the span of a decade, a new report shows.

There were 638,169 abortions reported to the CDC in 2015, the most recent year for which data tallied by the agency are available, down from 652,639 in 2014 and 842,855 in 2006. The shifts may be tied to a decline in the share of pregnancies that are unintended and to the increased use of more effective contraceptives, the CDC said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2018-11-21/abortions-down-24-percent-over-a-decade-in-us

U.S. birth rates hit their lowest point in 32 years in 2018, according to data released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

This included record lows for women in their teens and in their 20s.

The provisional report, based on over 99 percent of U.S. birth records, indicates there were 3.788 million births in the U.S. last year, the lowest total since 1986 and the fourth consecutive year the number of births has declined.

Births to teenagers fell 8 percent, to 179,607.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/443763-birth-rates-for-teens-women-in-their-20s-hits-record-lows

Teen births at record low

The CDC research doesn't explain why birth rates are declining, Hamilton said.

There was some good news in the new report: Fewer babies are being born to teens. In fact, “these are record lows for teenage birth rates,” Hamilton said. “This year’s rate is 7 percent lower than in 2017.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-health/birth-rate-u-s-falls-lowest-level-32-years-cdc-n1005696

https://www.guttmacher.org/infographic/2017/abortion-rates-race-and-ethnicity

Race/Ethnicity

Among the 29 areas that reported cross-classified race/ethnicity data for 2013, non-Hispanic white women and non-Hispanic black women accounted for the largest percentages of abortions (37.3% and 35.6%, respectively) and Hispanic women and non-Hispanic women in the other race category accounted for smaller percentages (19.0% and 8.1%, respectively) (Table 12). Non-Hispanic white women had the lowest abortion rate (7.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratio (121 abortions per 1,000 live births) and non-Hispanic black women had the highest abortion rate (27.0 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratio (420 abortions per 1,000 live births). Data for 2013 are also reported separately by race and by ethnicity (Tables 13 and 14).

Among the 20 areas¶¶¶ that reported by race/ethnicity for 2007 (the first year with available data), 2012, and 2013, abortion rates decreased substantially for all three major racial/ethnic groups: for non-Hispanic white women, the abortion rate decreased 26% (from 9.3 abortions per 1,000 women in 2007 to 6.9 in 2013), for non-Hispanic black women it decreased 25% (from 36.8 abortions per 1,000 women in 2007 to 27.5 in 2013), and for Hispanic women it decreased 33% (from 20.8 abortions per 1,000 women in 2007 to 14.0 in 2013). Abortion ratios also decreased from 2007 to 2013. For non-Hispanic white women, the abortion ratio decreased 23% (from 145 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2007 to 112 in 2013), for non-Hispanic black women it decreased 17% (from 514 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2007 to 425 in 2013), and for Hispanic women it decreased 13% (from 209 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2007 to 181 in 2013).

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/ss/ss6512a1.htm

I think abortion is a sin but I don't think it is a sin that should be overly criminalized by the government. I think Roe v. Wade could be tweeked a bit. However, I'm generally fine with the framework that gives the woman more leeway in the earlier stages of pregnancy and less leeway during the later stages of the pregnancy.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 05:44:57 PM »
It is not my place to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body. Everyone will be called to account for their actions on this rock in the end. I'm with WM78 in that it's a sin, but I can't let what others do send me to hell. I'm not their judge.  :nono2:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 06:10:34 PM »

Why?

This sounds like masucline woman shaming. A woman who gets multiple abortions isnt dumb.

What would be dumb is bringing kids in the world you cant afford, thus ruining the lives of many people.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 07:15:55 PM »

Why?

This sounds like masucline woman shaming. A woman who gets multiple abortions isnt dumb.

What would be dumb is bringing kids in the world you cant afford, thus ruining the lives of many people.

It is dumb when you keep paying a doctor needlessly for the same avoidable medical procedure.  And yes, having multiple kids when you can't afford one is dumb also. 

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 07:21:34 PM »

Unless the husband can carry the baby its still the womans right to choose...unless perhaps you agree that a woman gives up her body in marriage?
This let’s me know that your dumb ass has never been married. A marriage is a partnership. You make joint decision. If a wife aborts a baby without talking to her husband I’m sure in most cases the marriage will end if he finds out. P. S. I don’t believe she will be able to hide that she had the procedure from him unless he is as dumb as you are. You really need to stay in your dayum lane. ::)
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule