News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: ALABAMA ABORTION BILL TO BRING ROE V. WADE TO AN EVENTUAL HEAD  (Read 239 times)

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Re: ALABAMA ABORTION BILL TO BRING ROE V. WADE TO AN EVENTUAL HEAD
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
I agree with you and I hope they fast track it before the 2020 election.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:05:05 PM »
Alabama Aims Squarely at Roe, but the Supreme Court May Prefer Glancing Blows

“What we don’t know,” Professor Franklin said, “is the extent to which either Chief Justice Roberts or Justice Kavanaugh feels sufficiently bound by 50 years of precedent, or by a desire not to be viewed by the public as discarding that precedent for political-ideological reasons, to pull back from the brink.”

Richard W. Garnett, a law professor at Notre Dame, said the constitutional confrontation over the right to abortion sought by the sponsors of the Alabama law was unlikely to come to pass.

“It appears that the proposal’s supporters intend to create an opportunity for the current court to revisit its decisions creating that right,” he said. “However, it is not clear that the current justices who have expressed doubts about the correctness of decisions like Roe and Casey will want to take up a case that squarely presents the question whether these decisions should be overruled. Instead, they might well prefer to first consider less sweeping abortion regulations and to uphold them even under the current doctrine.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alabama-aims-squarely-at-roe-but-the-supreme-court-may-prefer-glancing-blows/ar-AABpi89?ocid=ientp

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alabama-aims-squarely-at-roe-but-the-supreme-court-may-prefer-glancing-blows/ar-AABpi89?ocid=ientp

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:30:02 PM »
It's to say, i'm from Alabama.

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
This battle isn't only in Alabama it is growing in multiple states and will continue to grow.  The reason:  low birth rate of white people.  All state houses are controlled by whites - maybe not Hawaii - and these white men want their white women to have babies and more babies...by white men....Clarence Thomas will twist his already twisted mind to think this includes him.

Blacks don't matter in this fight as far as the state houses are concern.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
This battle isn't only in Alabama it is growing in multiple states and will continue to grow.  The reason:  low birth rate of white people.  All state houses are controlled by whites - maybe not Hawaii - and these white men want their white women to have babies and more babies...by white men....Clarence Thomas will twist his already twisted mind to think this includes him.

I don't think it has as much to do with race as it has to do with White Evangelicals believing abortion is murder and against the will of God.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:46:51 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 07:09:11 PM »

I don't think it has as much to do with race as it has with White Evangelicals believing abortion is murder and against the will of God.

I agree with the religious aspect but these white politicians and their supporters are also signaling they want to keep a white majority in this country.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 07:38:12 PM »

I don't think it has as much to do with race as it has with White Evangelicals believing abortion is murder and against the will of God.

I agree with the religious aspect but these white politicians and their supporters are also signaling they want to keep a white majority in this country.

I thought Blacks women had abortions at higher rates than White women? At least, that is what the Black Republicans are always implying -- abortion is Black genocide.  :shrug:

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2008/08/abortion-and-women-color-bigger-picture
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:48:52 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »
Wildman and aggiejazz.......have read all of the posts from both of you boys on this thread, and there really is no “substantive” distinction in your opinions on the matter.

You BOTH are saying, and I agree, that the driving force behind each of these anti-abortion bills in the various state legislatures is the increasing fear among white folks of the rapidly approaching white minority in this country.

Despite what you might hear in these various state floor debates on the matter, they really don’t give a RAT’S A.Z.Z how many non-white babies are aborted.  The focus is wholly and solely on WHITE babies being aborted.

Don’t want to scare anybody, but white folks are simply not going to quietly abide their diminishing numbers, influence, power and prestige in this country.

Believe DAT SHYT!!  :nod:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 08:44:02 PM »
It's to say, i'm from Alabama.
I am also, but the best part of being from Alabama is to be "from it." :nod:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 09:16:07 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OS, what are you clapping? Have you thought about this bill can expand the welfare rolls.  How many of these children will be poor? How many will be abused or unloved? What if the mothers give them up? How will the State handle those children, or will it bust the state budget?
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:02 AM »
Wildman and aggiejazz.......have read all of the posts from both of you boys on this thread, and there really is no “substantive” distinction in your opinions on the matter.

You BOTH are saying, and I agree, that the driving force behind each of these anti-abortion bills in the various state legislatures is the increasing fear among white folks of the rapidly approaching white minority in this country.

Despite what you might hear in these various state floor debates on the matter, they really don’t give a RAT’S A.Z.Z how many non-white babies are aborted.  The focus is wholly and solely on WHITE babies being aborted.

Don’t want to scare anybody, but white folks are simply not going to quietly abide their diminishing numbers, influence, power and prestige in this country.

Believe DAT SHYT!!  :nod:

I don't agree. I don't think race has anything to do with it. These folks have been trying to overthrow Roe v. Wade for decades.  Overturning Roe v. Wade won't stop anybody who can afford to get to a Blue state from having an abortion. It will only give the states the right to outlaw abortion if they so choose.

Also, the statistics don't seem to support the claim that the anti-abortion statutes are motivated by the desire to increase the birth of White babies.

Black and Hispanic women have abortions at higher rates than Whites. Therefore, outlawing abortions would seem to increase the number of Black and Hispanic births more so than White births.

Furthermore, abortion rates have been declining for decades most likely due to better contraceptives.

https://www.guttmacher.org/news-release/2017/us-abortion-rate-continues-decline-hits-historic-low
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:15:34 AM by Wildman78 »

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 09:13:09 AM »
Plus what the bill says is that you can have an abortion as long as you do not know that you are pregnant- once you realize you are  pregnant then you can not have an abortion - plus 21 week abortions have been rare- also with birth control services provided by Planned parenthood abortions have rapidly declined- and many pro  choice people are not against abortions.  I have been in medicine for over 41 years- if the man was getting pregnant and not the women- abortions in this country would not only be legal-  if would be supported and financed by the government.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »

Blacks certainly matter in this fight. Does your stupid a**  know the abortion % rate among blacks. Abortion on demand has destroyed a large segment of future black population - DUMB a** . READ THIS YOU GD FOOL.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sky-high-abortion-rate-among-blacks-minorities-only-getting-worse-latest-cd

https://concernedwomen.org/abortion-demographics-who-has-an-abortion/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:35:29 PM by oldsport »

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
Speaking of stupid

1. MOST STATES DO NOT HAVE ABORTION RATE DATA BASED ON RACE/ETHNICITY

2.  ONLY 27 STATES OFFER INFO ON BLACK TEENS.

So how did you reach that conclusion MOFO OS ?

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News