News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Will Zion go back to College in protest?  (Read 673 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Will Zion go back to College in protest?
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:01:47 PM »

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Will Zion go back to College in protest?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:24 PM »
Money is green  Not a Duke fan but I hope he does well in New Orleans. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:06:37 PM »
Yea go back in protest and break a leg-- see what the next contract would look like.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
^^^Exactly Ken. Better take this opportunity millions of kids dream about. So, what it's the team you wanted. You're playing ball and making money. Never liked Zion anyway. Selfish bastard.
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 01:28:42 PM »
^^^Exactly Ken. Better take this opportunity millions of kids dream about. So, what it's the team you wanted. You're playing ball and making money. Never liked Zion anyway. Selfish bastard.
Oh my! Where does this come from? I haven't seen anything remotely even hinting of him being selfish.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »

Why are you calling him selfish? He hasn't given any indication he wont go to New Orleans.

All this speculation is created by the media who probably wants to see him in NY.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 01:37:17 PM »

Why are you calling him selfish? He hasn't given any indication he wont go to New Orleans.

All this speculation is created by the media who probably wants to see him in NY.
This ^^^^

Not to mention he doesn't owe New Orleans anything.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »

You're delusional. No proof he's a bastard. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »

from all accounts, zion is a good kid and he definitely ain't selfish.  i'm not a duke fan per se', but zion also doesn't play selfishly.  he shares the ball even when he can score without any help from his teammates...

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
This is coming from the news media capitol of the world.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:47:30 PM by JAG89 »

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 06:52:18 PM »
Yea go back in protest and break a leg-- see what the next contract would look like.

And he'd still be the No. 1 pick in 2020.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
His step daddy already said he would be glad to be a Pelican.  Hell I would go anywhere if they made me a millionaire.   Besides, the NY market is a lot for a rookie to handle.  They’ve sucked for over 20 years and while they’re loyal to the Knicks, they are BRUTAL. 

NO better make the most of it and build a team around him while they can.  Once they rookie contract is up I doubt he will sign a second deal. 
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »
Oh my! Where does this come from? I haven't seen anything remotely even hinting of him being selfish.

I am gonna have to agree with bluedog on this. Because that is the same thing I thought.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »
We already have a backup plan for him.  The next Jimmy Graham. And this is not farfetched since the Saints and the Pelicans are owned by the same person.  Their training facilities in Metairie are located right next to each other.  Gayle is definitely using the Saints as a means to raise the popularity of the Pelicans.  I think Anthony Davis would be a fool to leave the Pelicans now that the franchise's luck is turning around, but they would definitely have to pay him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeanPayton/status/1128674284577140736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1128674284577140736&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fpost%2Fnfl%2Fad886913-ea9a-424c-ba17-0403efad65eb
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:44:01 PM by JAG89 »

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 07:29:02 PM »
Besides, the NY market is a lot for a rookie to handle.  They’ve sucked for over 20 years and while they’re loyal to the Knicks, they are BRUTAL.

And that's putting it mildly.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News