News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Neymar, do you know how to do this?  (Read 282 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Neymar, do you know how to do this?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »
Seeing one and using one are two different things. That's like saying someone should know how to skateboard because they've seen one.

Nope. 

The telephone test would be a good way to test reasoning skill. But, I agree with soflo. With all the imagery on the 'net nobody googled this?

I'm with y on this one. If you have never seen someone actually rotary dial, it can be confusing, as the young men proved. Think about it, those things used backwards logic.  Unless someone firet showed you,  one would be  tempted to place their finger in the '0' and stop when the finger reaches a particular number. 

and when that ultimately failed you wouldn't consider expanding on the dialing?  Again a good test of reasoning skill

That is what the two guys did, but the functioning of a  rotary phone defies logic. You are placing your finger in a slot above the number 7 then transferring  your finger away from the 7  around to a  point where the seven is actually registered. 

But they lacked the capacity to comprehend when told they were dialing the zero properly and improperly dialing all other digits.

They were too involved to figure it out.  How many times have you witnessed people not doing simple tasks because they put too much thought into it.  In the beginning, they didn't lift the receiver to dial the number. 

They did better than her: 

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »
We have lived too long.   :lol: We think rotary phones are easy to figure out, but it's not.  This demonstrates how complicated it is, if you have never been taught.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:25:12 PM by Capler »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 02:11:47 PM »
^^^^^^
your comments makes too many excuses for people.
Of course it’s easy if you have been taught. It’s not complicated.  The question i keep stating is it’s a reasonable test of ones ability to solve a problem.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 05:09:44 PM »
^^^^^^
your comments makes too many excuses for people.
Of course it’s easy if you have been taught. It’s not complicated.  The question i keep stating is it’s a reasonable test of ones ability to solve a problem.

I'm sure given the time, they would figure it out. But you are acting like it is something every one should know instinctively.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 05:18:50 PM »
I don’t think that’s what I’m saying, but not my intention.

If one can’t figure it out it’s not an indictment on their intelligence.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News