News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: As a life long Lakers fan. I'm depressed as hell  (Read 490 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: As a life long Lakers fan. I'm depressed as hell
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 06:19:02 AM »
 :popcorn:
"I Love LA!"

:lmao:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 11:22:00 AM »
Watching this implode is sad. A once proud organization smh.

Kurt Rambis is now a player in basketball operations. Jesus people. And didn't want Lue.

As much as i don't like Lue, He wanted to bring Tom Thibodeau with him and Frank Vogel. Would have had a great staff, but they wanted him to have 3 yrs and not 5.

With Rob Pelinka in charge .... Might as well get used to being in the lottery

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »

Kurt Rambis is now a player in basketball operations. Jesus people. And didn't want Lue.

As much as i don't like Lue, He wanted to bring Tom Thibodeau with him and Frank Vogel. Would have had a great staff, but they wanted him to have 3 yrs and not 5.

Want to know something more insane? It's Rambis that's actually in charge making those decisions

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 11:27:54 AM »
Lebron James need to demand that Jeanie Buss hire Lue or trade him. I've been a Lakers fan for 44 years. But Lebron doesn't deserve this. No Superstar would even be considering the Lakers if he wasn't there. That's just facts. Lebron do what's best for your family.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:39:51 AM »

Want to know something more insane? It's Rambis that's actually in charge making those decisions

Yea i read that yesterday and was like WTF.

Did you see where the whispers are now trade Lebron? Honestly i say do it. Send him to Boston for Tatum , Rozier , and the 14th, 20th and 22nd pick. And let's build our franchise 

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »

Yea i read that yesterday and was like WTF.

Did you see where the whispers are now trade Lebron? Honestly i say do it. Send him to Boston for Tatum , Rozier , and the 14th, 20th and 22nd pick. And let's build our franchise
The only thing wrong with the franchise is the incompetence of the owner and the front office. So it doesn't matter who they trade for. They are living in the past of an NBA that doesn't exist anymore. I stand by my statement on what Lebron should do. He deserves better then this.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »
As much as I hate the Lakers (and low-key enjoying watching you fans go crazy) as a fan of the league...it's just better when you guys are relevant. I never would have thought the Lakers would be going through this.

Question for you diehards because you guys know the front office and roster better than I do.....Is it a quick solution out there especially with LBJ or is this something that is going to take a complete rebuild?
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »
You guys act like Lebron is the only guy on the team. He's getting exactly what he deserves.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »
As much as I hate the Lakers (and low-key enjoying watching you fans go crazy) as a fan of the league...it's just better when you guys are relevant. I never would have thought the Lakers would be going through this.

Question for you diehards because you guys know the front office and roster better than I do.....Is it a quick solution out there especially with LBJ or is this something that is going to take a complete rebuild?

If it was me , I would send LBJ and Ball to Boston for Tatum , Rozier , and the 14th, 20th and 22nd pick. We also would have the 11th pick.

I would then use the picks for sign and trade bait to target players listed

Anthony Davis - C
Nikola Vucevic -C
Kemba Walker -PG
Klay Thompson - SG

Then go after
Boogie Cousins -C
Julis Randle - PF

I believe we could pull  Nikola Vucevic, Kemba and Boogie. I would also sign Julis Randle. So a starting roster of

PG - Kemba
SG- Tatum
SF- Ingram
PF - Kuzma
C- Vucevic

with Hart , Boogie , Randle, Rozier coming off the bench 1st. And use one draft pick on a 3 point threat. That roster gets us to the playoffs

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »
^^

I never stop folks from dreaming big but

Tatum, Boogie, Kemba, Klay, J Randle, A Davis...man, you do realize there is a salary cap and luxury tax, right....

But dream on playa....dream on.....

[img width=132 height=200]https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67371432_10156326345266884_1713769312054935552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlfdZ935sl6FE5MZj_9zJ_1NUIg_F99ny8wv6p9o2iM8HzSKv6gn5rTxESyOfGqrv0&_nc_ht=s

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 02:09:26 PM »

It's worse than that. It's Rambis' WIFE making decisions.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »
^^

I never stop folks from dreaming big but

Tatum, Boogie, Kemba, Klay, J Randle, A Davis...man, you do realize there is a salary cap and luxury tax, right....

But dream on playa....dream on.....
Exactly

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
You guys act like Lebron is the only guy on the team. He's getting exactly what he deserves.
Okay I'll play along. Why is he getting exactly what he deserve?

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News