News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Reason for WSSU's Boulware getting fired is reveled....  (Read 1908 times)

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Reason for WSSU's Boulware getting fired is reveled....
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 07:03:08 AM »
Times have changed and our administrators must be held accountable. I'm no big WSSU fan, but the coach seemed to have his heart in the right place to protect his student athlete. So sad.

The gun allegation may have a deeper lasting effect on future employment. :no:

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 09:29:50 AM »
As a CSA ot appears he is mandated to report to campus police but did not. That there alone is grounds for termination.  Biggest mistake was sitting on this hoping it would blow over. Instead it blew up......on him.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
I agree with others; although it is sad for him to lose his job in this way. . . it is definitely justified.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
Man that's crazy

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 05:51:35 PM »
I think the school acted far too fast. He did what 99% of the people on this forum would have done. It easy to look back afterwards and say what he should have done. This move makes my Rams look worse than we already are. With so much going on with our sports program, we do something stupid like this. This coach was good for WSSU and his players, regardless of his won/lost record. He is loyal and represents stability for a program that's on very shaky grounds. 

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 07:51:44 PM »
Coach Boulware doesn’t desire this type of humiliation for the Rams that he loves.  WSSU has been on shaky ground for the past several years.  From the Chancellor to house-keeping shaky ground.  I hope your AD hire will have some tough skin.

Offline 804ram07

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 07:40:29 AM »
I think the school acted far too fast. He did what 99% of the people on this forum would have done. It easy to look back afterwards and say what he should have done. This move makes my Rams look worse than we already are. With so much going on with our sports program, we do something stupid like this. This coach was good for WSSU and his players, regardless of his won/lost record. He is loyal and represents stability for a program that's on very shaky grounds.
3 weeks is too fast?

I wouldn't be surprised if the recent rape allegation that allegedly went unreported by the A&T cheerleading coaches played a part in the firing.  That also had Clery implications.

Boulware also implicated 2 members of his staff in this, including his successor.  I wonder how much the administration looked into his story before appointing him interim HC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:42:23 AM by 804ram07 »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 08:59:48 AM »
Interesting. 

Somebody wants him out.

Agreed. Why go to straight firing him past suspension, probation, or any other progressive disciplinary measure in a lead up to firing?  It's not like he abused a student or misappropriated department funds or anything like that.

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 10:24:11 AM »
Interesting. 

Somebody wants him out.

Agreed. Why go to straight firing him past suspension, probation, or any other progressive disciplinary measure in a lead up to firing?  It's not like he abused a student or misappropriated department funds or anything like that.

Come on now, it has been discussed on this board many times about how WSSU fans have been clamoring for his removal.  With the pressure placed on the Admin. to do something, Boulware dropped this in the admin. lap and they saw an opportunity to remove him and not have to pay, which IMHO was the key factor in making the move.  Get a new coach and not have to pay the old one that had two seasons left on contract.  This was a layup for the admin.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
And Robert Massey is their interim Coach. ;D :lol: :snicker :lmao:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011,2015 SIAC Football Champs
2011 Pioneer Bow

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »
Why is that funny?

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 04:34:20 AM »
The President referred to the persons involved as FOOTBALL PLAYERS not the oft use  STUDENT ATHLETES.   Hearsay, there was a gun. and a substance in the garbage can with a brown residue resembling marijauna .  Where is the gun? Where is the residue?  Who is this President?  He wanted to fire this coach and those simple headed STUDENTS who are athletes helped.  As for the interim coach, what choice did he have.  He was appointed to take over the team, which he cares about too.  I have seen worse. 

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 10:56:32 AM »

If Boulware has a good lawyer he can beat this and get paid. But, the issue with these cases is most plaintiff's don't have the money to ride out appeal and counter appeal. The other issue goes beyond the expressed guns, drugs etc. When you have team mates that jeopardize their coaches because of stupid actions and egotistical hate for other black men then you have a disconnect of sorts between coaches and players. That is not to say players didn't fight back in the day...but they settled it on the field or behind the building. A couple of punches and tackling, but no guns and crazy stuff. The two players should be booted from the team by the interim HC.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2019, 01:53:26 PM »

If Boulware has a good lawyer he can beat this and get paid. But, the issue with these cases is most plaintiff's don't have the money to ride out appeal and counter appeal. The other issue goes beyond the expressed guns, drugs etc. When you have team mates that jeopardize their coaches because of stupid actions and egotistical hate for other black men then you have a disconnect of sorts between coaches and players. That is not to say players didn't fight back in the day...but they settled it on the field or behind the building. A couple of punches and tackling, but no guns and crazy stuff. The two players should be booted from the team by the interim HC.

I agree

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »
He can have a great Lawyer. He will not win this case. I can tell you that much... It's more to it than hearsay....

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News