News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Podcast: Discussion of diversity & opportunity in small college wrestling ...  (Read 27 times)

Offline Jason Bryant

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
... with two of the handful of African-American college head coaches - LeRoy Gardner of the U. of the Ozarks and Robert "Hollywood" Hemingway of Allen University in South Carolina, the only four-year HBCU with a wrestling program.

Might be worth the listen - I'm actually looking for feedback from the HBCU fan community, since it's tough for me to tackle discussions of race and overall diversity considering I'm a white male, although I've been an HBCU football fan for decades (growing up near Hampton U and Norfolk State).

Wrestling is predominantly white, so there's a big faction of the fanbase who refuses to believe any such racism or racial issues are relevant and feel if anyone brings them up, they're trying to race bait and be part of that "liberal media." That disclaimer out of the way ... here's the link.

http://mattalkonline.com/wwr68

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News