News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: NC Central’s LeVelle Moton a target for Georgia State  (Read 2217 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: NC Central’s LeVelle Moton a target for Georgia State
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »
it is possible for the MEAC to make a 14th seed and possibly even higher. We got a 14 seed in 2014. Moton's best team IMO.

quality OOC wins, 15-1 in conf, won conf tourney.  Got smoked in the NCAA vs #3 Iowa St     

No First Four game.

If the other schools in the conference do their part the MEAC could be seeded higher.  The majority of the MEAC schools aren't even trying to be better.

Unfortunately , He's right about this one. The MEAC OOC is horrible. A lot of schools are cashing check and not playing and beating mid majors

why are you and y04185 blaming the schools instead of the conference management? 

It's the ultimate catch-22, but it's a conference decision to keep these schools in the conference. And if the school takes the money games and still can't entice good players to come what's the point?

Schools set their non conference schedule. Money games aren't bad per say but your entire Non conference can't be money games. Play and beat mid major schools.

The MEAC conference doesn't have anything to do with it

Money games aren't the issue. Our problem is we can't beat the mid majors and lower D1 schools. I did a tally a few years ago and we actually lose about 70% of those games if I remember correctly. Heck we were barely above beating D2's more than 50% of the time. Lol, notice how a lot of us have started scheduling D3 instead of D2?

Also, a lot of it comes down to coaching.  You can tell that the HBCU will lose because of piss poor coaching and game preparation.  In too many close games we lose because we don't play to win. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2019, 03:17:38 PM »
it is possible for the MEAC to make a 14th seed and possibly even higher. We got a 14 seed in 2014. Moton's best team IMO.

quality OOC wins, 15-1 in conf, won conf tourney.  Got smoked in the NCAA vs #3 Iowa St     

No First Four game.

OOC wins

Campbell
NCSU
App State
ODU
Winthrop
NJIT 2x

NCCU won 28 games .... Lost 5 before NCAA. That's why they got a 14 seed

This year's 14 seeds

Northern Kentucky 26-9
Georgia State 24-10
Old Dominion 26-9
Yale 22-8

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2019, 03:19:02 PM »
playing D2 vs NAIA (D3) I think this due to playing a D2 is not counted in your W-L record whereas a NAIA school is.  Doesn't make sense but that what it is.

As far as coaching goes, sometimes the players just don't execute, or the kid chokes, OR the other team is just LUCKY FOR THAT GAME. You know what it happens to best of coaches.
Ask the New Orleans Saints. Sh!t happens.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 05:34:52 AM »
Georgia State also noted the declining GPA for the men’s basketball team. The average GPA for players on scholarship decreased from 2.43 in 2014-15 to 2.22 in 2016-17. The team GPA decreased from 2.44 in 2014-15 to a projected 2.31 in 2017-18.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/what-went-wrong-between-ron-hunter-and-georgia-state/zOpfP2Y9sxOj8bh9QdYNlL/

Offline durhamgsoaggie

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 10:44:48 AM »
The Ga. State search is over.  Lanier from Tennessee gets the job.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211798542

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »
I'm sure JROB will be scouring the internet for next story targeting Moton to leave NCCU.  ::)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2019, 03:10:01 PM »
I'm sure JROB will be scouring the internet for next story targeting Moton to leave NCCU.  ::)

You act like it's his fault he's interviewing. lol

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

I don't make the news, I just report what the sports writers are saying.  :shrug:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2019, 07:44:00 PM »

I don't make the news, I just report what the sports writers are saying.  :shrug:

how about reporting what you "aggies do"  ::)

We Eagles are quite capable to report what's going on on OUR campus. I'm not reading the News & Record for aggie news.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2019, 10:37:31 AM »
I will leave you guys alone. It looks like Moton likes coaching at nccu.

I guess he will be there for his career or until his kids get older.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »

We Eagles are quite capable to report what's going on on OUR campus. I'm not reading the News & Record for aggie news.

What is wrong with you? Why would you have a problem with a co-meacfanszoner sharing info about your coach?  :shrug:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »

What is wrong with you? Why would you have a problem with a co-meacfanszoner sharing info about your coach?  :shrug:

There's nothing wrong with me.
I guess your school doesn't have an intense rivalry with another school?  And BTW, what university is your alma mater since you don't list it?

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
Punchy, those aggies need to stay out of our business.  :nono2:  We are tired of their fake news about dear ole NCC.  :lol:  JBROB is cool though. :snicker
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2019, 12:04:54 AM »
I will leave you guys alone. It looks like Moton likes coaching at nccu.

I guess he will be there for his career or until his kids get older.

just as I thought.  Obsessing on your rival isn't a good look.

but the coaching carousel will be in effect for at least another month.

Of course Moton likes coaching at NCCU, doesn't mean he won't leave. We just don't need to YOU reporting it like it's gonna prevent a can of whup ass from us.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:07:54 AM by Maroon and Gray »

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »
Punchy, those aggies need to stay out of our business.  :nono2:  We are tired of their fake news about dear ole NCC.  :lol:  JBROB is cool though. :snicker

:lmao: OK that's cool! I forgot about the Eagles and Aggies!  :lmao:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News