News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: LeVelle Moton dazzles every March, so why is he still at NC Central?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: LeVelle Moton dazzles every March, so why is he still at NC Central?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 06:34:07 AM »
Coach Moton has done an amazing job. I do hope he stays at NCCU at least two more seasons and a continues to elevate the expected level of play within the conference

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:36:16 AM »
LeVelle Moton dazzles every March, so why is he still at NC Central?

https://www.heraldsun.com/sports/article228133779.html?fbclid=IwAR3xEseRkUynVAPFLbvaEephLVf_EREfA2XgfQle9HAvKwuF7HpM9L56qc4
Could it be that its his Alma Mater and he played there????  :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:39:50 AM »
His name is always in the discussions for a job but the only one i think he should have went for was ECU. That IMO was a no brainer but he pulled out. App State and Elon aren't really that much better than NCCU. All mid majors.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:59:03 AM »

let's just be real.  "rarely" if ever does hbcu basketball coaches get elevated/promoted to major d1 head coaching jobs.  occasionally a "very few" will land a job at a midmajor, norfolk state's anthony evans (fiu) and texas southern's mike davis (detroit mercy) come to mind.  but that's about it.

pwc's place a negative stigma on hbcu's in general as well as hbcu coaches in particular.  so it should be no surprise that moton has not landed at a major d1 school nor a midmajor d1 school.  you can count on one hand how many hbcu head coaches have done so...

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 04:15:26 PM »

let's just be real.  "rarely" if ever does hbcu basketball coaches get elevated/promoted to major d1 head coaching jobs.  occasionally a "very few" will land a job at a midmajor, norfolk state's anthony evans (fiu) and texas southern's mike davis (detroit mercy) come to mind.  but that's about it.

pwc's place a negative stigma on hbcu's in general as well as hbcu coaches in particular.  so it should be no surprise that moton has not landed at a major d1 school nor a midmajor d1 school.  you can count on one hand how many hbcu head coaches have done so...
I agree.  In addition, Moton needs to win in the tourney.  It’s not enough to make it.  If he or any HBCU coach can in in the tourney with HBCU, PWIs will become more interested.  Just my humbled opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We Live In An Era Of Smart Phones And Stupid People.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Yeah, if you can't beat Duke, UNC, or Gonzaga a PWI will not consider you. 

:crazy:

That makes no sense to me.  I would hope that there are ADs that recognize coaching talent.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »

I agree.  In addition, Moton needs to win in the tourney.  It’s not enough to make it.  If he or any HBCU coach can in in the tourney with HBCU, PWIs will become more interested.  Just my humbled opinion.

You are correct.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »
"... texas southern's mike davis (detroit mercy) come to mind.  but that's about it.

Mike Davis coached Indiana after Bobby Knight got fired and took Indiana to the 2002 National Title game.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 07:28:32 PM »
Yeah, if you can't beat Duke, UNC, or Gonzaga a PWI will not consider you. 

:crazy:

That makes no sense to me.  I would hope that there are ADs that recognize coaching talent.
I’m not saying it’s right or a fair scale to judge HBCU coaches.  It seems like that’s the way it is.

We Live In An Era Of Smart Phones And Stupid People.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »
One reason HBCU coaches don't have the history of moving to bigger programs is fund raising.  Most of our coaches don't raise funds for the program. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline EAGLEMANIA2K

• Assistant GM
  • EAGLEMANIA SOARING IN THE MEAC BABY! EAGLE PRIDE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 08:36:46 PM »
Don't you think it is high time, that our hbcu needs to get on the map.
I mean its cool that our coaches to play on the big stage, but don't think
that we need to continuously build our brand to be competitive on the main
stage, instead of going to 1A and building their brands?
Wearing the colors of Maroon & Gray its, "THE DIRTY BIRDS" of N.C.C.U. EAGLE PRIDE AMPLIFIDE!!
2016-MEAC CHAMPS, Celebration Bowl Appearance, 2015, 2014  MEAC Football Co-CHAMPS, 2015-NIT, 2014 MEAC B-ball champs, NCAA appearance, BRINGING FINESSE, POWER AND EXCITEMENT TO THE M.E.A.C.!!!

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
A tough loss for NCCU...Proud of the Eagles!
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »
Because the man is wise...……………

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »
Don't you think it is high time, that our hbcu needs to get on the map.
I mean its cool that our coaches to play on the big stage, but don't think
that we need to continuously build our brand to be competitive on the main
stage, instead of going to 1A and building their brands?

Not to be funny but what brand is he building? NCCU wins the MEAC, their OOC record is horrible. To be a mid major and to get out of the 1st four games , you have to win out of conference match-ups

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News