News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Company on the hook for $500,000 because of predatory towing at Sawgrass Mills  (Read 91 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
This reminds me of back in the day when the Florida Classic was in Tampa, and one of the reasons we moved the game to Orlando.
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
This reminds me of back in the day when the Florida Classic was in Tampa, and one of the reasons we moved the game to Orlando.

How bad was it in Tampa? Did they not want to have game there, or what?

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Racism, pure and simple. The stadium was located right by the mall there, and people's cars who were towed was assumed to be attending the game. The mall parking lot was a public space. Add to that, they would shut down the mall early to try and keep visitors in town for the game from shopping. Hotels were demanding upfront deposits for hotel rooms. We used to stay at the Embassy Suites, and they were asking for a $500 deposit to book rooms.
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Prophyte
    • View Profile

Racism, pure and simple. The stadium was located right by the mall there, and people's cars who were towed was assumed to be attending the game. The mall parking lot was a public space. Add to that, they would shut down the mall early to try and keep visitors in town for the game from shopping. Hotels were demanding upfront deposits for hotel rooms. We used to stay at the Embassy Suites, and they were asking for a $500 deposit to book rooms.

Wow. I noticed, some of the  hotels in New Orleans, do the same during Bayou Classic and Essence Festival. The prices will stay constant until those two weeks. In-which, I call it, "The Black Tax."

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News