News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: I'm leaving DirectTV Now, I think?  (Read 200 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I'm leaving DirectTV Now, I think?
« on: March 14, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
It is no longer worth it. Yesterday I got a notice that my bill is going up $10 a month in May. This is on top of the $5 increase from last year.

I got to do my homework now and look at other services and also factor in the discounts I receive from AT&T on the bundles.

It may be time to redo everything, or it still could be cheaper to keep what I have, I really don't know because it's complex. And that is the part that pisses me off most.  You also have to take  a class to figure out what the true cost is. YouTube,Netflix, and Hulu streaming services seem to be popular.  Apple is introducing their service later this month, so I will wait to see what they offer.  I may have to look back at cable to see if they are competitive these days.

What I don't want is a low introductory  rate, that will force me back to the negotiating table a year later.  Nobody has time for that bait and switch crap.  >:(

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: I'm leaving DirectTV Now, I think?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
it's not bait & switch if you know the price will go up.  Just because you forget that doesn't make it scam.

You setup reminders on these things to prevent useless posts such as this

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »
it's not bait & switch if you know the price will go up.  Just because you forget that doesn't make it scam.

You setup reminders on these things to prevent useless posts such as this

One form of bait and switch is when a retailer first attract customers by advertising a lower price (which appears on all promotional materials), and once the customer is lured in, they discover that the rate is actually an introductory rate. An asterisk notation is used to explain in detail the rate and is always found in very small print on the bottom or on the back of the offer.

That my friend is bait and switch. It's the same as an auto dealer advertising a car at a certain price but only have one at that price on the lot. The asterisk says, limited quality, or in our case, limited time only.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:11:43 PM »
 :brickwall:The car example yes the other no.

No cable bill is going to be static for longer than 12 months.  If you don't know that, that's on you plain and simple.

You should have been resolute in your original stance and not bought in,now you're whining. Go back to your AM radio.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:16:56 PM by Maroon and Gray »

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »
Capler just call to cancel....they will renegotiate a discounted rate for a period of time, normally 6 mos to sometimes a year. Otherwise, they assume you are happy with the price increase.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 05:29:34 PM »
Capler just call to cancel....they will renegotiate a discounted rate for a period of time, normally 6 mos to sometimes a year. Otherwise, they assume you are happy with the price increase.

JT, DirectTVNow won't do that. They are actually trying to purge 'grandfathered'  customers who signed up when the service first started and got a big discount for being pioneers. The service is losing money. Many bailed last year after the $5 increase. This time the increase is $10 plus a cut in the number of networks. No one is making money off this, but AT&T is the biggest losing compared to some to the other. HULU is owned by networks so technically the programming cost is a write-off. Netflix has it's subscriber base, and already has the huge On Demand catalog.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 05:45:35 PM »
:brickwall:The car example yes the other no.

No cable bill is going to be static for longer than 12 months.  If you don't know that, that's on you plain and simple.

You should have been resolute in your original stance and not bought in,now you're whining. Go back to your AM radio.

The board is so dead these days, I guess I have to put up with you so that there will be some noise in the room.  Now let's change the subject. Are your mens still playing in the MEAC tournament or did those Aggies knock y'all out just like they did your women?  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:50:27 PM by Capler »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 07:23:40 PM »
I should have ignored your usual 'woe is me, I'm broke, poor, whatever' post and the topic would have been on page 2 to be forgotten forever.

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 09:48:31 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 01:13:37 AM »
I should have ignored your usual 'woe is me, I'm broke, poor, whatever' post and the topic would have been on page 2 to be forgotten forever.

Since you didn't, and the board is so slow, exception for Neymar's infatuation with Michael Jackson and young boys and the best hair on the continent of Africa, it looks like me and you are going to be on the front page for another day.  The only thing that can stop us now is News Anchor Crushes.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 01:26:31 AM »
It is no longer worth it. Yesterday I got a notice that my bill is going up $10 a month in May. This is on top of the $5 increase from last year.

I got to do my homework now and look at other services and also factor in the discounts I receive from AT&T on the bundles.

It may be time to redo everything, or it still could be cheaper to keep what I have, I really don't know because it's complex. And that is the part that pisses me off most.  You also have to take  a class to figure out what the true cost is. YouTube,Netflix, and Hulu streaming services seem to be popular.  Apple is introducing their service later this month, so I will wait to see what they offer.  I may have to look back at cable to see if they are competitive these days.

What I don't want is a low introductory  rate, that will force me back to the negotiating table a year later.  Nobody has time for that bait and switch crap.  >:(
????  How can he get a bill when he tapped into his neighbors direct tv?????

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 06:03:34 AM »

His neighbor put their Direct TV in Cap's name.  You know how your cousins do.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 11:11:13 AM »

:lmao: :lmao:
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 11:23:37 AM »
We won't say a word about you clowns sharing Netflix passcodes.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News