News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Time for Va. LT. Governor to go, your thoughts?  (Read 569 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Re: Time for Va. LT. Governor to go, your thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
This a little off topic because I am not completely decided - although I am inclined toward him resigning, especially with the second accuser.

Charles Blow suggested (speaking from a purely political perspective) that the Governor resign, elevating the Lt. Gov to the Governorship.

Then the new Governor (Fairfax) appoints a Lt. Governor and then resigns, elevating the new Lt. Governor to the Governorship.

I would add that - to minimize the electoral backlash - Fairfax could appoint a former governor (assuming the one-term clause of the Virginia constitution allows for it).

What do y'all think?

O0

I already told you what I think. If I was Fairfax, I would not resign. If the Virginia Constitution permits that sequence of actions, I wouldn't have a problem with Charles Blow's suggestion. However, I think most folks would prefer a special election.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:57:55 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 04:40:51 PM »

Second accuser Meredith Watson:

Mr. Fairfax assaulted her during spring break in 2000 at the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity house at Duke.

“It was her sophomore year at Duke and his senior year, and they were hanging out,’’ Ms. Smith said. “They had never dated. She had dated one of his friends. They did not have a romantic relationship. He gets up and walks out. Comes back in. Shuts off the light and locks the door. She knew things were going south when he locked the door.”

Ms. Smith said that her client did not seek medical attention or go to the police or the university administration and that Ms. Watson perceived Mr. Fairfax as a politically influential figure on campus.

A college friend of Ms. Watson’s, Kaneedreck Adams, said in an interview that Ms. Watson told her she was raped the day after she said it happened, and named Mr. Fairfax as her assailant.

“She was upset, she was kind of crying quietly and she said that she had been raped” by Mr. Fairfax, Ms. Adams said.

“I said, ‘Did you say no?’ and she said, no she couldn’t say no,” Ms. Adams said. “And she said she was trying to get out of there, get away, remove herself from the situation, and she said Justin kept pushing her down.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/meredith-watson-justin-fairfax.html

Fairfax can hang in there as LT Governor but he has no political future going forward.  The 2nd accuser has at least a supporting witness that was told about the rape the day after, this is the death knell to his career.

Justice Kavanaugh's accuser did not have such a supporting witness close to the time the alleged incident happened.  This gave him an out.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 06:45:58 PM »
???.....so the brutha goes and Ralph Northam stays?

WTF???

Typical racist democrat behavior.
......another example of one of your stupid comments, devoid of any serious substance.

Dumb a.z.z coon.  ::)

Strike has nothing to add.  She's resorted to name calling.

She's been trained to name call a Black Republican when she agrees with him.  She's been trained well. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Online Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:20 PM »
Whew... :brickwall:

Teeny and Little

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 08:16:03 PM »
I don't think he should resign. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 06:50:22 AM »

I concur.

If he doesn't resign by Monday morning a racist democrat will introduce articles of impeachment against him and him only. 

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 08:09:20 AM »
The Virginia Legislative Black Caucus has joined the growing chorus of elected officials and others calling for Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax to resign over sexual assault allegations.

The group of lawmakers said Friday that "we can't see it in the best interest" of Virginia for Fairfax to stay.

Fairfax, a Democrat, is only the second African-American to ever win statewide office. The caucus' call for his resignation leaves him with virtually no base of political support.

Two women have leveled assault allegations against Fairfax.

The allegations come as Virginia's Democratic governor and attorney general are embroiled in scandals involving the past use of blackface.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/education/article/The-Latest-Rapper-calls-blackface-imitation-13601239.php

Yeah, I guess the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus must be racist.  ::)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 08:15:44 AM »

I concur.

If he doesn't resign by Monday morning a racist democrat will introduce articles of impeachment against him and him only.

Virginia GOP Speaker Kirk Cox expressed skepticism on Monday that the legislature should try to force Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam out of office, highlighting a potential constitutional impasse the commonwealth could face should Northam decline to step down.

"I think there's a rightful hesitation about removal from office, because obviously you have to consider that to some degree you're overturning an election," Cox said. "I think the constitutional provisions are very specific on the succession of office. It really does call for mental or physical incapacitation. That's what it was meant to do."

…….

The state Constitution says the governor -- as well as other elected or appointed officials -- can face impeachment in the General Assembly for "malfeasance in office, corruption, neglect of duty, or other high crime or misdemeanor." The process, similar to impeachment on the federal level, requires the House of Delegates to impeach the governor before a trial is held in the Senate, where a conviction requires a two-thirds majority.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/04/politics/virginia-ralph-northam-impeachment/index.html

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 08:25:38 AM »
When the president, supreme Court Justice, Representative King, and the racist white chick senator from Sippi step down the brother should.

Why leave out Bitch McConnell?  :shrug:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:20 AM »

I concur.

Virginia GOP Speaker Kirk Cox expressed skepticism on Monday that the legislature should try to force Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam out of office, highlighting a potential constitutional impasse the commonwealth could face should Northam decline to step down.

"I think there's a rightful hesitation about removal from office, because obviously you have to consider that to some degree you're overturning an election," Cox said. "I think the constitutional provisions are very specific on the succession of office. It really does call for mental or physical incapacitation. That's what it was meant to do."

…….

The state Constitution says the governor -- as well as other elected or appointed officials -- can face impeachment in the General Assembly for "malfeasance in office, corruption, neglect of duty, or other high crime or misdemeanor." The process, similar to impeachment on the federal level, requires the House of Delegates to impeach the governor before a trial is held in the Senate, where a conviction requires a two-thirds majority.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/04/politics/virginia-ralph-northam-impeachment/index.html

Speaker Cox is next in line if the top three resigned.  Also, Virginia has a recent sordid history with Joe Morrissey in the General Assembly.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »
Is appearing in Blackface thirty-five years ago a high crime or misdemeanor?  :shrug:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »
Wildman^^^the answer to the question you pose is probably “no”.

But WHAT IF Northam or any of the other enumerated officials in the Va constitution appeared in blackface while HOLDING their office? Could any state official under THAT circumstance be subject to impeachment? The Va constitution does list “malfeasance in office” as one of the grounds for impeachment.  :shrug:

As for Justin Fairfax, Wildman I did not realize that dude was frat until you referenced it^^^. And apparently the second sexual assault accusation arose out of an encounter at the frat house on Duke’s yard. My suspicion is that the brutha will not likely politically survive these allegations.

But I wanted to say this. During Ms. Strike’s undergraduate days at Vanderbilt (‘08-‘12), she and I would have VERY FRANK discussions about the interactions between male and female students on campus. I informed her that some of the stuff she described have been occurring with college students since time immemorial.

But one SALIENT point I always pounded in her head. If there was ever a situation where she appeared to have “invited” a dude to touch her, it had damn well better be an EXPRESSED invitation. And none of this ambiguous, uncertain bullshyt that, for example, can be found in Justin Fairfax’s accusers allegations.

Ms. Strike KNEW not to follow some dude in a room and lock the door UNLESS there was MUTUAL AGREEMENT they were getting ready to throw down.

Parents, have frank and honest discussions with your SONS and DAUGHTERS from teenaged years on.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
I second Strike's motion.

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 12:18:10 PM »

But WHAT IF Northam or any of the other enumerated officials in the Va constitution appeared in blackface while HOLDING their office? Could any state official under THAT circumstance be subject to impeachment? The Va constitution does list “malfeasance in office” as one of the grounds for impeachment.  :shrug:

As for Justin Fairfax, Wildman I did not realize that dude was frat until you referenced it^^^. And apparently the second sexual assault accusation arose out of an encounter at the frat house on Duke’s yard. My suspicion is that the brutha will not likely politically survive these allegations.

But I wanted to say this. During Ms. Strike’s undergraduate days at Vanderbilt (‘08-‘12), she and I would have VERY FRANK discussions about the interactions between male and female students on campus. I informed her that some of the stuff she described have been occurring with college students since time immemorial.

But one SALIENT point I always pounded in her head. If there was ever a situation where she appeared to have “invited” a dude to touch her, it had damn well better be an EXPRESSED invitation. And none of this ambiguous, uncertain bullshyt that, for example, can be found in Justin Fairfax’s accusers allegations.

Ms. Strike KNEW not to follow some dude in a room and lock the door UNLESS there was MUTUAL AGREEMENT they were getting ready to throw down.

Parents, have frank and honest discussions with your SONS and DAUGHTERS from teenaged years on.

I really don't see how the first situation can be considered rape. What man in his right mind  is going to force his penis into something with 32 teeth? If a vagina could bite back, there would be few rapes.  She may  have wanted to suck the d!ck, but once she got down there, his big beef jerky ended up being a little swiss cheese stick. I would be way too embarrassed to come forward with an allegation like that. "Your honor, I sucked the d!ck, but I really didn't want to suck the d!ck. When I had enough I tried to back off but he held my head in place and nutted on me. That's what I'm really mad about. That crap tasted like catalina salad dressing.'

Can you really call it rape if you engage in a sexual act you were really not in the mood for, but did it anyway? We all would be in jail for holding our partner in place for a couple more strokes, when they are tying to jump up and run.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:33:38 PM by Capler »

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 12:25:48 PM »

I really don't see how the first situation can be considered rape. What man in his right mind  is going to force his penis into something with 32 teeth? She may  have wanted to suck the d!ck, but once she got down there, his big beef jerky ended up being a little swiss cheese stick. I would be way too embarrassed to come forward with an allegation like that. "You honor, I sucked the d!ck, but I really didn't want to suck the d!ck. When I had enough I tried to back off but he held my head in place and nutted on me. That's what I'm really mad about. That crap tasted like catalina salad dressing.'

Can you really call it rape if you engage in a sexual act you were really not in the mood for, but did it anyway? We all would be in jail for holding our partners in place for a couple more strokes, when they are tying to jump up and run.

:lmao: :lmao:Capler you are crazy as hell. It's Sunday!
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News