News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Time for Va. LT. Governor to go, your thoughts?  (Read 573 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Time for Va. LT. Governor to go, your thoughts?
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:34 PM »
I was willing to wait for an  investigation after the first accuser, but now that we have a second, a pattern has emerged. He's damaged goods, and should go. Makes me wonder how many more women will come forward.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Va. LT. Governor to go, your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 12:07:36 AM »
DOESN'T LOOK TO GOOD FOR HIM BUT HE IS AT LEAST DUE THE DUE PROCESS OF THE LAW.  I'LL WAIT FOR THE INVESTIGATION BEFORE PASSING FINAL VERDICT.  IF A THIRD ACCUSER COMES OUT THEN HIS a**  SHOULD PROBABLY CONSIDER RESIGNATION.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:47:57 AM »
It's a witch hunt. 

If only you people had given Kavanaugh the same due process.   
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 06:08:16 AM »
Politically, Virginia has always been an interesting state.  Due to the Commonwealth type of government, Virginia is a conservative blue state. They tried to go full red by rolling back car taxes when Jim Gilmore was governor, but it hurt too many White folks pockets, therefore the car tax didn't get completely eliminated. Conservative White Democrats in Virginia (UVA and Virginia Tech type) have most of the economic power and then there are the ultra-conservative type like Jerry Falwell who would like to eliminate all taxes. I believe we are beginning to see a more aggresive mudsliding campaign in Virginia. I'm sure most politicians in Virginia have something to hide. There is a tax assessor in every county and city, which are elected positions.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 07:04:43 AM »
???.....so the brutha goes and Ralph Northam stays?

WTF???

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:37:08 AM »

WTF???

Typical racist democrat behavior. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 09:36:09 AM »
When the president, supreme Court Justice, Representative King, and the racist white chick senator from Sippi step down the brother should.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 10:46:25 AM »
When the president, supreme Court Justice, Representative King, and the racist white chick senator from Sippi step down the brother should.

Preach Brother, Preach!!!
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »
THIS!!!!

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:08 AM »

WTF???

Typical racist democrat behavior.
......another example of one of your stupid comments, devoid of any serious substance.

Dumb a.z.z coon.  ::)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »

Second accuser Meredith Watson:

Mr. Fairfax assaulted her during spring break in 2000 at the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity house at Duke.

“It was her sophomore year at Duke and his senior year, and they were hanging out,’’ Ms. Smith said. “They had never dated. She had dated one of his friends. They did not have a romantic relationship. He gets up and walks out. Comes back in. Shuts off the light and locks the door. She knew things were going south when he locked the door.”

Ms. Smith said that her client did not seek medical attention or go to the police or the university administration and that Ms. Watson perceived Mr. Fairfax as a politically influential figure on campus.

A college friend of Ms. Watson’s, Kaneedreck Adams, said in an interview that Ms. Watson told her she was raped the day after she said it happened, and named Mr. Fairfax as her assailant.

“She was upset, she was kind of crying quietly and she said that she had been raped” by Mr. Fairfax, Ms. Adams said.

“I said, ‘Did you say no?’ and she said, no she couldn’t say no,” Ms. Adams said. “And she said she was trying to get out of there, get away, remove herself from the situation, and she said Justin kept pushing her down.”

First Accuser: Dr. Vanessa C. Tyson

In her statement, Dr. Tyson described a forced sexual encounter with Mr. Fairfax in a Boston hotel room while the two were working at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. It began with kissing that was “not unwelcome,” she said, but quickly escalated into non-consensual oral sex.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/meredith-watson-justin-fairfax.html

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:38:39 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
Dayum Frat!!!  :no:

Second accuser Meredith Watson:

Mr. Fairfax assaulted her during spring break in 2000 at the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity house at Duke.

“It was her sophomore year at Duke and his senior year, and they were hanging out,’’ Ms. Smith said. “They had never dated. She had dated one of his friends. They did not have a romantic relationship. He gets up and walks out. Comes back in. Shuts off the light and locks the door. She knew things were going south when he locked the door.”

Ms. Smith said that her client did not seek medical attention or go to the police or the university administration and that Ms. Watson perceived Mr. Fairfax as a politically influential figure on campus.

A college friend of Ms. Watson’s, Kaneedreck Adams, said in an interview that Ms. Watson told her she was raped the day after she said it happened, and named Mr. Fairfax as her assailant.

“She was upset, she was kind of crying quietly and she said that she had been raped” by Mr. Fairfax, Ms. Adams said.

“I said, ‘Did you say no?’ and she said, no she couldn’t say no,” Ms. Adams said. “And she said she was trying to get out of there, get away, remove herself from the situation, and she said Justin kept pushing her down.”

First Accuser:

In her statement, Dr. Tyson described a forced sexual encounter with Mr. Fairfax in a Boston hotel room while the two were working at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. t began with kissing that was “not unwelcome,” she said, but quickly escalated into non-consensual oral sex.I

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/meredith-watson-justin-fairfax.html

Humm ??began with kissing that was “not unwelcome,” she said, but quickly escalated into non-consensual oral sex.[/size]I
[/i]
Some want the male to eat southern cuisine, but they dont want to shine the knob. But I'm still at a lost, how can one force one to perform oral sex, when there are NO threats, injuries etc.?
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 12:59:54 PM »
Politics aside, they should resign.
We Live In An Era Of Smart Phones And Stupid People.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »

Humm ??began with kissing that was “not unwelcome,” she said, but quickly escalated into non-consensual oral sex.Some want the male to eat southern cuisine, but they dont want to shine the knob. But I'm still at a lost, how can one force one to perform oral sex, when there are NO threats, injuries etc.?

How about the second accuser, "she couldn't (didn't) say no"  :shrug:

I understand the seriousness of sexual assault and that societal notions regarding conduct described as date rape have evolved. However, I'm not 100% sure this guy committed a crime. Should he resign? That's a tough question. Would I resign if I were him?

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »
This a little off topic because I am not completely decided - although I am inclined toward him resigning, especially with the second accuser.

Charles Blow suggested (speaking from a purely political perspective) that the Governor resign, elevating the Lt. Gov to the Governorship.

Then the new Governor (Fairfax) appoints a Lt. Governor and then resigns, elevating the new Lt. Governor to the Governorship.

I would add that - to minimize the electoral backlash - Fairfax could appoint a former governor (assuming the one-term clause of the Virginia constitution allows for it).

What do y'all think?

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News