News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Skegee Releases 2019 Schedule  (Read 980 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Skegee Releases 2019 Schedule
« on: February 08, 2019, 12:58:58 PM »
Tough schedule with a solid mix of OOC games. Only 3 home games with a couple others on the road/neutral site games within a short proximity of campus.

https://goldentigersports.com/news/2019/2/7/tuskegee-releases-2019-football-schedule.aspx?utm_medium=sidearm-email&utm_source=goldentigersports.com&utm_campaign=BREAKING%3a+Tuskegee+releases+2019+football+schedule&utm_content=dfe0bfb1-b79b-4e03-abca-d408eb3c87de

——————————

The dates are in. It's time to mark your calendars, Tuskegee fans. The Golden Tigers have released their football schedule ahead of the 2019 season. This fall will feature six Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) opponents and one Division I Football Subdivision (FCS) opponent.

Director of Athletics, Willie Slater announced a 10-game schedule which includes three home games, six away games and one other opponent with a location that will be announced at a later date.

TU opens the 2019 season on Sept. 7 in front of another anticipated sellout crowd of 25,442 in Montgomery against rival Alabama State. Last year fans witnessed an overtime thriller inside ASU Stadium for only the third meeting since 2012. The Golden Tigers travel to Frankfort, Ky. week two for an early SIAC West Division battle with Kentucky State Sept. 14. TU has won seven of the last eight meetings between the two schools. 

The non-conference slate returns with back-to-back games against Winston-Salem State and West Alabama. On Sept. 21, the Golden Tigers will play their home opener at 1 p.m. against the Rams and travel to Livingston, Ala for a Sept. 28 date with UWA, a team that finished 8-4 and appeared in the 2018 NCAA Playoffs.

Week five features a classic matchup with East Division opponent, Albany State on Oct.5. The location for this game will be announced at a later time.

Week 6 Skegee makes the short hike to Columbus (Ga.) to square off with Morehouse College in the 84th annual Tuskegee-Morehouse Classic held at A.J. McClung Stadium. Tuskegee will be the home team this year and holds the series lead at 72-29-7. The very next week the Golden Tigers will host Midwest opponent Central State at 1 p.m. on Oct. 19. TU holds a 5-1 record in the series over the Marauders.

On Oct. 26, Tuskegee returns to the road and travels to Jackson, Tenn. to play at Lane College, an opponent the Golden Tigers have won all 24 previous matchups with the Dragons.  The last road trip of the season takes place on Nov. 2 in Jacksonville, Fla. against Edward Waters before ending the regular season with rival Miles College for the school's 95th Annual Homecoming game that kicks off at 1 p.m.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
Re: Skegee Releases 2019 Schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 03:40:56 PM »
I see that Edward Waters is Serious. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011,2015 SIAC Football Champs
2011 Pioneer Bow

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
See your Inbox 87.
2011 Pioneer Bow

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »
Gonna be weird not playing Tuskegee in the regular season.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline tiger4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »
Feeling the same way Valley Girl ... I rather play conference members do home and away than  with a non conference hitting the road every year. Edward better give that game back next year and Albany state should be a home game. My concern is how many D2 games do we need to qualify for playoffs? if we don't have enough whats the purpose?

ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
Bold playing Miles for HC.

I am surprised that you are playing Miles for HC, this game is normally a good draw without it being homecoming.
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 07:43:15 PM »
The last time, Tuskegee played Miles for homecoming. We came away with a victory. But, this game is always circled on my calendar. The first Saturday in November. You can either find me in Fairfield, or Tuskegee.

This victory was one for the ages. Because, we had not beaten Tuskegee at home, since 1995.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 09:23:32 AM »
Feeling the same way Valley Girl ... I rather play conference members do home and away than  with a non conference hitting the road every year. Edward better give that game back next year and Albany state should be a home game. My concern is how many D2 games do we need to qualify for playoffs? if we don't have enough whats the purpose?

That's what i was wondering

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Weekend Tiger!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
I see that Edward Waters is Serious. :nod:

:shrug:    about what exactly?

Offline Warpaint

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 12:30:10 PM »

You have to play a minimum of 10 total games and at least 8 games have to be against D2 schools.  Problem is they only count the D2 games for playoff selection so teams kind of get penalized for playing non D2 teams and not playing a full 11 game schedule. 

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »

You have to play a minimum of 10 total games and at least 8 games have to be against D2 schools.  Problem is they only count the D2 games for playoff selection so teams kind of get penalized for playing non D2 teams and not playing a full 11 game schedule.

Don't see why ya'll don't play 10 D2 schools and then ASU

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Weekend Tiger!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »
I HATE a 10-game schedule. No reason we all shouldn't be able to play an 11-game slate. Let the SIAC, CIAA championship games be just that - additional post-season like Bowl games or playoffs. NOT part of the regular season.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 07:36:19 PM »
Just three homes games???? Dayum it ain't like y'all got a light bill or nothing.

Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline Utopia

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
Just three homes games???? Dayum it ain't like y'all got a light bill or nothing.

If TU played an 11-game regular season. it could interfere with the SIAC championship game.  If the Albany State is played at TU, they will have four home games.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:26:40 PM by Utopia »
)112 SIAC Titles; Elite 8 Men's Basketball '14; SIAC Softball Champs '14, '15 & "16; NCAA WBB Title Game '82; NCAA Football Playoffs, '13, '14 , '15  & '16; 31 SIAC Football Titles; 8 HBCU Football National Titles; Only HBCU with 600 football wins (692); 7 USA Olympians-'48, '52, '56, '60

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »
It's a Divisional Rotation year that's why you don't see Tuskegee playing FVSU. EWC is making strides to join the SIAC that's why you see them on some of our Conference School's Schedules. :nod:
2011 Pioneer Bow

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News