News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NCCU Releases 2019 Football Schedule  (Read 1447 times)

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU Releases 2019 Football Schedule
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
Ram55- Did you say Shaw?  Lord how the Rams have fallen. :lol: :snicker :popcorn: 

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 06:55:33 AM »
The Rams haven't fallen.  Teams have gotten better all over the place and its showing.    Football, like  ARMS races are simply MOVE YOUR CHEESE OR GET LEFT BEHIND.   :shrug: IT IS WHAT IT IS.  Is WSSU on NCCU schedule?  When someone mentioned it at the DSU -NCCU BB game the young students  near us knew little about WSSU excepting having a former classmate attend school there but no rivalry stuff,  It occurred to us they probably were toddlers in diapers last time we met on gridiron.No interest to them. :shrug: :shrug:  Hope the young folk come out for this one.  The same attitude could be on WSSU campus.  Out of sight , out of mind,   :shrug:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 09:52:02 AM »
The Rams haven't fallen.  Teams have gotten better all over the place and its showing.    Football, like  ARMS races are simply MOVE YOUR CHEESE OR GET LEFT BEHIND.   :shrug: IT IS WHAT IT IS.  Is WSSU on NCCU schedule?  When someone mentioned it at the DSU -NCCU BB game the young students  near us knew little about WSSU excepting having a former classmate attend school there but no rivalry stuff,  It occurred to us they probably were toddlers in diapers last time we met on gridiron.No interest to them. :shrug: :shrug:  Hope the young folk come out for this one.  The same attitude could be on WSSU campus.  Out of sight , out of mind,   :shrug:

I agree with everything you said.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 09:54:02 AM »
Ram55- Did you say Shaw?  Lord how the Rams have fallen. :lol: :snicker :popcorn:

I did say Shaw. They seem to have our number for some reason. A few years ago they were only a few players from beating us. Now they have those players. They have progressed and we have regressed a little.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »

I did say Shaw. They seem to have our number for some reason. A few years ago they were only a few players from beating us. Now they have those players. They have progressed and we have regressed a little.

Shhhh....don't say anything. All he knows is the team that they beat about five years ago.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »

Shhhh....don't say anything. All he knows is the team that they beat about five years ago.

He's looking at his Aggie teams the past two or three years, that was really good, to the Shaw team that they beat a few years ago. Right now they would still beat ya'll, but the game would be a little closer. They still have the numbers that ya'll don't have. So the fourth quarter would get a little ugly... maybe. But one thing is for sure, Shaw will play every play hard... the whole game.

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
Shaw!!!! :kisses:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
The NCCU football schedule, daunting as it may be, is what you face when aspiring greatness.as a team.  Cherry picked opponents deliberately selected for schedule is not the answer.   This schedule will reveal where we are in our growth as a team / program o what to enhance or fix.  I personally would rather play someone other than ECSU although they would will be competitive but not draw like SU,SAU.  The girls don't come out in force excepting HC and A&T.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 09:21:18 PM »
Elizabeth City will bring a good crowd.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »

I thought so.  They will also bring their band.  BCU and a&t are the only bands we see in Durham. Should be a good crowd because a lot of Eagles will be out to see what we have this year.  We need to focus on getting our own fans out.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »

They always do. He bumped his head.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 04:11:18 AM »
WILL WE SHOW?  Fans in the past don:t come out for ECSU.  Check the past numbers.  Band?  People don't spend money to watch a band.  I watch NCCU band after getting something to eat at the half.  I'm one that pay to see a football game,  Its hot that time of year and the body needs liquids and food. 

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 02:18:53 PM »
WILL WE SHOW?  Fans in the past don:t come out for ECSU.  Check the past numbers.  Band?  People don't spend money to watch a band.  I watch NCCU band after getting something to eat at the half.  I'm one that pay to see a football game,  Its hot that time of year and the body needs liquids and food.

You guys need the gate that ECSU will bring in, being that it's a home game. NSU needs the gate VSU will bring to Price Stadium. People do pay money to see the football game AND band as well!!!!!! What makes you think people don't want the full show for their money? LOL!  :lol: :lmao: :nod:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »

You guys need the gate that ECSU will bring in, being that it's a home game. NSU needs the gate VSU will bring to Price Stadium. People do pay money to see the football game AND band as well!!!!!! What makes you think people don't want the full show for their money? LOL!  :lol: :lmao: :nod:

"ALL" HBU fans pay to see the bands. The stands empty after the half time show.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 08:57:04 PM »

"ALL" HBU fans pay to see the bands. The stands empty after the half time show.

They do?  I don't see that at NCC unless it is a blow-out.  Agreeing with Punchy. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News