News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Cheerleader accused A&T of ignoring her sexual assaalt claim  (Read 1970 times)

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cheerleader accused A&T of ignoring her sexual assaalt claim
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
Not a good time for this. Hoping it isn't nothing to it.

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 05:37:53 PM »
Now that this has gone public, someone has to lose their job if her story has any truth to it.

Offline InTheHunt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 04:31:42 PM »
Now that this has gone public, someone has to lose their job if her story has any truth to it.

Agreed. Someone with a title and management level....

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:40:08 PM »
This is tough to hear about. Certainly not a good time. I know the coaches, went to high school and T with them but if they failed to immediately report this they have to go.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 12:54:09 AM »
Where is the police report? Step one after being raped is to go to the hospital so evidence can be preserved. You don't go to the school and start making demands. If there is no evidence it becomes she said-he said.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:59:00 AM by Capler »

Offline InTheHunt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 09:01:30 AM »
Where is the police report? Step one after being raped is to go to the hospital so evidence can be preserved. You don't go to the school and start making demands. If there is no evidence it becomes she said-he said.

There is a thing called the Clery Act and Title IX.... might want to google them.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »
BUT that act requires the school to make sure that sexual assault, rapes, violence is reported and made public. It does not prohibit the victim from contacting the police first. The victim can still contact the school officials after they have first called the police to the scene

Offline InTheHunt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »
BUT that act requires the school to make sure that sexual assault, rapes, violence is reported and made public. It does not prohibit the victim from contacting the police first. The victim can still contact the school officials after they have first called the police to the scene

Not all sexual assaults happen like an after school special or an episode of law & order...

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »

Not all sexual assaults happen like an after school special or an episode of law & order...

That's true but you still need evidence. The days are gone where you can accuse someone of rape with out evidence or some other mitigating factors.  I'm not saying it did not happen, but it becomes a steep hill to climb when you delay. The male's word is just as good as hers. Here is another question, why isn't she going after her attacker also? Could it be that she talked to the magistrate and was told her that there is not enough evidence to make an arrest? By default, she decided that the school is the low hanging fruit on the way to a potential financial settlement? Basically if the school starts punishing staff members,  in essence that is admitting guilt, which strengthens her hand as it relates to an eventual financial settlement.

Consider this, suppose she went to the school and discussed it, but  an internal investigation  found there was not enough evidence to take it further, then what?

Also why have her squad  mates taken one step back and left her hanging alone? Typically when you have a sisterhood such as with cheerleaders, they stick together and are supportive of one of their own.

Could there have been some inference from the college in keeping her from going to the police, yes but here is the rub with that? I can see the band director trying to protect one of his members, but I just don't see the cheerleader coach protecting a band member for assaulting one of her girls?  :shrug:

This whole situation smells a little bit fishy to me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:33:21 PM by Capler »

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »
Things can get bad.

From 2014

Former ECSU Police Chief found guilty, won’t go to jail

Since the investigation, the University’s chancellor resigned, the student’s alleged attacker was arrested and a new police chief was hired.

https://myfox8.com/2014/11/05/former-ecsu-police-chief-found-guilty-wont-go-to-jail/

Offline InTheHunt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 11:23:28 PM »

That's true but you still need evidence. The days are gone where you can accuse someone of rape with out evidence or some other mitigating factors.  I'm not saying it did not happen, but it becomes a steep hill to climb when you delay. The male's word is just as good as hers. Here is another question, why isn't she going after her attacker also? Could it be that she talked to the magistrate and was told her that there is not enough evidence to make an arrest? By default, she decided that the school is the low hanging fruit on the way to a potential financial settlement? Basically if the school starts punishing staff members,  in essence that is admitting guilt, which strengthens her hand as it relates to an eventual financial settlement.

Consider this, suppose she went to the school and discussed it, but  an internal investigation  found there was not enough evidence to take it further, then what?

Also why have her squad  mates taken one step back and left her hanging alone? Typically when you have a sisterhood such as with cheerleaders, they stick together and are supportive of one of their own.

Could there have been some inference from the college in keeping her from going to the police, yes but here is the rub with that? I can see the band director trying to protect one of his members, but I just don't see the cheerleader coach protecting a band member for assaulting one of her girls?  :shrug:

Well her cheer mates, including the captain has made a statement supporting the young lady on social media and denied that they aren't supporting her. We shall see how this plays out...

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 12:34:42 AM »

Well her cheer mates, including the captain has made a statement supporting the young lady on social media and denied that they aren't supporting her. We shall see how this plays out...

From what I saw on Twitter, she's getting 100% support from women. No one is questioning the validity of the  situation at all. Yet the 'gay guy' from Empire is forced to defend himself because black bloggers are raking him over the coals and are saying he make the situation up. Why do we automatically believe women when they make these types of accusations? I can tell you story after story of women who made up assault charge just to get even with a man. It happened to a friend of mind last month. He left his wife and moved in with his girlfriend. Wife lured him back over, funked him and waited till he went to sleep, took pictures of him in bed naked and sent them to the girlfriend and then she called the cops and told them he assaulted her. That was her way of saying, 'I'm having the final word in this situation'. When he told me this, I cussed his little a$$ out for being so freaking stupid by jumping back into her bed.  It is because of people like his ex,  I now need proof before I believe such accusations.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:58:52 AM by Capler »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 09:39:15 AM »

Oh they are going after him. His name is all over social media.

Also their are flyers with his picture posted on campus with flyers with his name , address and phone number. It reads, ...I Am a Rapist, Beware of me. My cell phone number is ###-###-####, Will you be the next rape victim

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »

Oh they are going after him. His name is all over social media.

Also their are flyers with his picture posted on campus with flyers with his name , address and phone number. It reads, ...I Am a Rapist, Beware of me. My cell phone number is ###-###-####, Will you be the next rape victim

I would love to know the backstory. Why were there no criminal charges?  I have compassion for people who are assaulted but when it happens, you have to make sure everything is in place to support your claim. These are serious charges where no-one emerges unscathed.  Unless her supporters were in the room or have seen some irrefutable evidence,  they are wrong to out the guy that way. Supporting your girl is not reason enough to do that.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News