News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Nick Saban - come on man!!!!  (Read 816 times)

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
Nick Saban - come on man!!!!
« on: January 18, 2019, 05:40:56 PM »
2019 Bama Football Non-Conference Schedule
Duke
New Mexico State
Southern Miss
Western Carolina

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Saban - come on man!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »
That's a lot cake games.  Duke is at least Power 5.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:03:52 PM »
2019 Bama Football Non-Conference Schedule
Duke
New Mexico State
Southern Miss
Western Carolina

He's chicken.  ::)
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:10:00 PM »
Once again, when you play in the SEC...particularly the SEC Western Division, you shouldn’t have to schedule a tough non conference. Everyone wants to pick on Bama for their easy non conference schedule but some of you are the same ones that somehow think UCF deserved a shot in the playoffs. Can anyone honestly say Alabama doesn’t play tough games every single year? No. I get it, some of you don’t like Bama. But let’s not act like they didn’t go up against tough competition to earn their titles.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »
Everyone wants to pick on Bama for their easy non conference schedule but some of you are the same ones that somehow think UCF deserved a shot in the playoffs. 

Not me. I'm all about the strength of schedule.  ::)  :popcorn:

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 08:02:03 PM »
 :nod:^^^^EXACTLY, sistah klg.

No way a team that will likely be ranked no lower than 3rd place in the preseason Top 20 polls for 2019 should be playing a bullshyt non-conference schedule like this. I mean, seriously, this is a joke!   :no:

Btw, isn’t Western Carolina an FCS (1-AA) school?

Nick ought to be embarrassed with that non-con schedule. Short-a.z.z control freak.  ::)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 08:08:57 PM »
Some of y’all tripping. Bama doesn’t need to go apeshit and play the hardest non conference schedule as that grind in the SEC West is a mother. Granted, those are four cake wins and I got no problems with it and for the record, I can’t stand Bama!

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 10:05:46 PM »
Some of y’all tripping. Bama doesn’t need to go apeshit and play the hardest non conference schedule as that grind in the SEC West is a mother. Granted, those are four cake wins and I got no problems with it and for the record, I can’t stand Bama!
other than LSU (sometimes) and Auburn (some years) the west is NOT a grind.

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 11:24:43 PM »
other than LSU (sometimes) and Auburn (some years) the west is NOT a grind.

Honestly, Arkansas is the only team in the west that’s trash. The rest are very much legit competition compared to what most other schools have to face as their in conference schedule.

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »
I thought this was a discussion about Bama’s non-conference opponents.  :popcorn:

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »
Bama supporters will always defend Nick
If he want to do that
why not schedule some Alabama HBCU's  :shrug:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 04:25:53 AM »
Doesn't the conference office and the athletics administration make the decision on who they're playing (schedule)? What's Saban got to do with it??

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 09:13:24 AM »
why not schedule some Alabama HBCU's  :shrug:

That wouldn’t be a good look for either side. ASU/AA&M would get clowned by the rest of the sports world for losing by 80 and Alabama looks like a bully for scheduling them in the first place.

Offline TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 07:07:08 PM »
You are not going to please everybody I don't give a flying flip what kind of schedule you have. Who plays a top 20 team every week?

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »
Doesn't the conference office and the athletics administration make the decision on who they're playing (schedule)? What's Saban got to do with it??
you don't believe that
Saban has everything to do with anything that goes on in the football program  :nono2:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News