News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: White Mother Says She Didn’t Raise Adopted African Daughters To Be Black  (Read 140 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
https://blackamericaweb.com/2019/01/15/white-mother-says-she-didnt-raise-adopted-african-daughters-to-be-black/

A white writer for the Federalist, a conservative publication, has sparked outrage across social media with her essay about why she is raising her adopted African daughters as Americans — not “Black” girls or “African-American.”

Jenni White used the death of McKenzie Adams, a fourth-grader who committed suicide after she was bullied in a predominantly white school, to justify raising her daughters without knowledge of or their culture, per diversityinc.com.

CLOSE

NEWS
Home › News › Top News
White Mother Says She Didn’t Raise Adopted African Daughters To Be Black
EURweb.com
 Leave a comment
A white writer for the Federalist, a conservative publication, has sparked outrage across social media with her essay about why she is raising her adopted African daughters as Americans — not “Black” girls or “African-American.”

Jenni White used the death of McKenzie Adams, a fourth-grader who committed suicide after she was bullied in a predominantly white school, to justify raising her daughters without knowledge of or their culture, per diversityinc.com.

Matthew Vermillion
@mvermi
 A wonderful friend of mine, Jenni White, wrote this article for the Federalist and she's come under horrible attacks by the left. Her family has received death threats. It deeply saddens... http://thefederalist.com/2019/01/10/worst-racism-children-experienced-came-black-peers/

10:54 AM - Jan 13, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The Worst Racism My Children Experienced Came From Black Peers
I hope the life of McKenzie Adams will open the eyes of the black community to the destruction of racial politics and that my kids will live free.

thefederalist.com
See Matthew Vermillion's other Tweets

In her article, titled “The Worst Racism My Children Have Experienced Came From Black Peers,” White writes: “Why would I raise them to identify with a specific race as if being members of the human race weren’t enough.”

“Yes, my daughters are from Africa, and they communicate with their family there regularly, but once we adopted them and landed in America together, they became Americans. Not African-Americans, not Black girls, but girls who would grow up in a nation where they were afforded the opportunity to become anything they wanted to become.”

She also reveals a conversation with her Black pastor 12 years ago, who encouraged her to teach the girls, then ages 4 and 9, about the Black experience in America. She replied to the pastor that her family doesn’t “see color.”

White claims to be a supporter of Martin Luther King Jr. and she follows Candace Owens’ Blexit movement AKA the “Black exit” from the Democratic Party. Activist Tariq Nasheed weighed in:

If you have any doubt that these white supremacists go over Africa and adopt children, bring them back to the US, brainwash the kids, and use them as sleeper cells against Black American society, read this. I have been telling people this for years https://t.co/OweXkNX7ZO
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
There is just so much wrong with this I don't know where to start or where to end. Let me just say that they are doing these children a tremendous disservice and white folk need to stop acting like they know what is best for us.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrrr!!!
    • View Profile
 ::) well, how very white of her.
Bravo. Now your adopted child isn't Black at all, is she?
What a wonderful thing you have done for her, your country and the world at large.

She should not have ANY problems.
:tongue2:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
She even said her family doesn't see color.  ::) But yet she said most of the racism her adopted children have faced has come from Black people.  :shrug:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrrr!!!
    • View Profile
 :nono2: When the Brady Bunch says "oh I don't see color"

Prepare yourself for The Bullchit cause they are THEE WORST ONES!  ::)

Unless you are blind as a bat, you cannot help but to see color. There is nothing wrong with seeing color. The problem is when you think a particular color is LESS THAN what you are and other silly notions.

We can exist, acknowledge and celebrate our differences that make us who and what we are culturally WITHOUT PENALIZING people for who and what they are.

So, miss me with that 'Oh I don't see color' bullchit.
  ::)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
:nono2: When the Brady Bunch says "oh I don't see color"

Prepare yourself for The Bullchit cause they are THEE WORST ONES!  ::)

Unless you are blind as a bat, you cannot help but to see color. There is nothing wrong with seeing color. The problem is when you think a particular color is LESS THAN what you are and other silly notions.

We can exist, acknowledge and celebrate our differences that make us who and what we are culturally WITHOUT PENALIZING people for who and what they are.

So, miss me with that 'Oh I don't see color' bullchit.
  ::)

:nod: This...
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
JT and board...........it has been my experience in the 6 decades the Good Lord has allowed me to be born and raised in this country is that when white folks say to or speak of black folks with the disclaimer, I don't see color, what they are REALLY saying is something very profound.  And that is they are going to as best they can to resist their natural "revulsion" to your blackness, and pretend that you are in fact white.

Like CU^^^, there is so much in what this woman stated in her essay, and the responses to it, that I don't know where to start or end.  I thought it was telling that the older daughter(?) at one point returned to the homeland to see the family and finish high school, but then returned to the states.  She seems to have conveniently glossed over what that was all about.  I'd like to know more.

But what was MOST troubling to your humble poster was this woman's constantly referring to the "bullying" and taunts of other black children as the reason the little black girl committed suicide.  She refers to it as the "racism" of other black children.  The little black girl who committed suicide was the object of alot of press coverage upon her death.  I believe she was a fourth-grader, and the heartbreak to her family must surely have almost been unbearable.  But to ascribe that child's death to this absurd notion of "black racism" is beyond the pale for me.

Anyway.......I guess the redeeming factor about this woman's story is that she adopted two black GIRLS not boys.  Because for some white parents to raise black boys in today's political climate with this cavalier and irresponsible attitude about race in this country is the recipe for those boys being F'ED up psychologically, spiritually and, God-forbid, physically.  :no:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
There is just so much wrong with this I don't know where to start or where to end. Let me just say that they are doing these children a tremendous disservice and white folk need to stop acting like they know what is best for us.

I agree. Crap is really going to hit the fan for those girls when they leave the confines of their home, go out into the real world and society treats  them as black people. The mother should be preparing them for that reality.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News