News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead At 97  (Read 33 times)

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead At 97
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:58:22 AM »
Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead At 97

Whether you knew her as Dolly, Lorelei, Muzzy or just Carol, Channing was a one-of-a-kind talent who captivated any audience. Her razor-sharp wit, gravelly voice and big, bright smile became the trademarks of a performer who originated some of Broadway’s most iconic roles throughout the ’40s, ’50s and ’60s. Channing continued to share her gifts on stage into her late 90s, enshrining her in a class of Broadway luminaries all her own.

In her memoir, Channing also revealed a previously unknown African-American ancestry. Before she left for college in 1937, her mother told a 16-year-old Channing that her father’s birth certificate was labeled as “colored” because his mother was an African-American woman.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/carol-channing-broadway-legend-dead-dies_us_56a850f1e4b0f71799286ba1

CIAA Champions poised to defend their hoop crowns - Go Panthers!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Re: Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead At 97
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »
Miss "I passed for white" all of my life passed away. I have no sympathy for those who deny their heritage.  :no:
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News