News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Had to give $300 of the Trump tax break back  (Read 397 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Had to give $300 of the Trump tax break back
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »
I’m submitting at the last minute as I’m sure we will owe and piss on that.....I ain’t paying till I freaking have to......

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 12:58:17 PM »
I ain't tryin' to front like Neymar.  If Uncle Sam owes me, I WANT MY MONEY.

....and as '87 has noted, if I owe I WAIT.   :lol:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »
I’m submitting at the last minute as I’m sure we will owe and piss on that.....I ain’t paying till I freaking have to......

I have extra taxes taken out so I won't owe. I get a real bad attitude when it comes to writing a check and sending the government money. I can't think of a more difficult thing to do.  ::) Well, maybe paying a homeowners association dues.  >:(

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 01:48:34 PM »

I have extra taxes taken out so I won't owe. I get a real bad attitude when it comes to writing a check and sending the government money. I can't think of a more difficult thing to do.  ::) Well, maybe paying a homeowners association dues.  >:(

you defeat the whole notion of good money management having extra taken out.  :brickwall:

you put it aside earn some more money...okay, spend it on more crap you don't need, THEN pay Sam at the last minute.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 02:04:10 PM »

you defeat the whole notion of good money management having extra taken out.  :brickwall:

you put it aside earn some more money...okay, spend it on more crap you don't need, THEN pay Sam at the last minute.

You are correct M&G. But I have a mental block about the money I save. If I put it aside for the purpose of paying a future expense, I have trouble letting it go when the bill is due.  :shrug: I know that sounds silly but it is what it is. I don't like spending saved money. For me, I'd rather pay a little interest than to touch my savings. Funny thing about saved money is that if we take it out, seldom do we put it back. We put in additional money, but we don't pay back what we took out.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:08:21 PM by Capler »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »
Cap -

I take that extra and throw it into my 401k, maxing out on the investment amount....I also do the bonus catch up maximum annually-spread out per period.

We both had options that were expiring that we exercised. They were granted at a very low price and exercised at a premium ....so we netted nicely and will owe....

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »
So Capler, did the federal gov't accept your filing?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 02:42:31 PM »
They accepted it on the 15th. I expect the refund any day. In the past,  when you file early, you get the refund 5 to 10 business days later. Not sure if that will be the case this year with the government situation. Also, the official filing date is not until the 29th. That filing date is never firm, they always start processing earlier.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »
ok thanks. 

We got to pay this year  :tongue2:

I'm gonna file now, but pay closer to April 15th

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
They accepted it on the 15th. I expect the refund any day. In the past,  when you file early, you get the refund 5 to 10 business days later. Not sure if that will be the case this year with the government situation. Also, the official filing date is not until the 29th. That filing date is never firm, they always start processing earlier.
Electronic filing is suppose to be as usual. Paper filing will be delayed if you're expecting a refund.
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
Refund was deposited yesterday, and tax filing season does not officially start until the 29th.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »
Cap, how do you give $300 back and get a refund?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2019, 12:51:41 AM »

My refund is generally the same every year, this year it is $300 less.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2019, 07:36:31 AM »

My refund is generally the same every year, this year it is $300 less.

You didn't give $300.00 back.  You overpaid $300.00 less.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »
I really hate you can only deduct 2500 in student loan interest. I paid nearly twice that last year and it cant be claim.

Its good the refund has gone through. I want to try to stack it for February so It can be like I get 3 paychecks in feb, and then 3 in March + Bonus.

I am however waiting for a 1089-T so I can get I can see if it will increase my refund as I paid for classes out of pocket last year.

Hatikvah is to have it go through in February so that it can feel like a 3 paycheck month. That would mean 3 paychecks in Feb, plus 3 in March + a bonus. This could be an easy 16-17k in the bank account. April vacation!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

أشد الفاقة عدم العقل

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News