News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Fact check: Trump says he 'obviously' never said Mexico would pay directly for t  (Read 185 times)

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Fact check: Trump says he 'obviously' never said Mexico would pay directly for the wall. But he did

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/10/fact-check-trump-mexico-pay-indirectly/2535573002/

WASHINGTON – "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall," President Donald Trump said on June 16, 2015, when he announced his White House run.

"Mark my words," he said.

Americans did mark – and many mocked – those words, which Trump repeated at virtually every campaign stop after that announcement, up through the general election. But he is now arguing that he never said Mexico would pay for the wall directly.

"When during the campaign, I would say Mexico is going to pay for it, obviously I never said this. I never meant they're going to write out a check," Trump told reporters at the White House Thursday before departing for a review of the situation at the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas.
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
It’s called, “don’t pay any attention to the idiot behind the 6th curtain” syndrome.  And sadly, his idiotic supporters, those who haven’t awaken and fled from him, will believe this bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We Live In An Era Of Smart Phones And Stupid People.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What? Not only did he say it but he would ask who will pay for it and the crowd would shout Mexico.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I guess they meant New Mexico.  :shrug:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
I wonder how long before Y posts an article from Fox trying to explain how Trump didn't really say Mexico was going to pay for the wall.  :shrug:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
you all are forgetting "SHINY OBJECT" statements from #45.  Say ANYTHING that will get folks

talking about anything but Mueller and now Cohen going to testify in an OPEN Congressional hearing.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
M&G^^^while I certainly understand your “shiny object” metaphor, not quite sure I would agree it’s apropos in this situation because this dude’s demand for almost $6B for a border wall is tied to his refusal to signing a CR to keep the government open.

One could certainly argue that his MAIN objective is to divert attention from all the scandals that Mr. Mueller is investigating. And while that would most likely be true, hundreds of thousands of federal employees are adversely financially impacted. And their plight only gets worst tomorrow when the first checks that would have been cut since the 12/21 shutdown will NOT be cut.

And that shyt ain’t no metaphor......it’s VERY real.

This “game” that dude is playing now, claiming he never said that MEH*ee*co would “really” pay for the border wall is a GROSS insult to the intelligence of the American people. The dude has spent his ENTIRE adult and professional life as a consummate CON MAN, and he obviously now believes those “con” skills will work on an entire country.

This is Orwellian, it’s evil, and speaks to a level of malevolence that neither Nancy nor Chuck may have contemplated.

As the bruthas on the streets of Nashville would say.......NOW it’s gettin real.  :no:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
^^^^  I agree with you,

I'm just saying it's the equivalent of throwing another log on the dumpster fire he started long ago.

He doesn't have to 'con' the entire country, just that small %age that he has, which now BTW includes more federal judges, an AG, and a more solid conservative SCOTUS that could all side with him.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :clap:.......OH and board:

Both Lawrence O’Donnell and Rachel Maddow, have damn near zero equals among current tv political analysts in their ability to dissect and break down these political issues into their bare essence so ALL of their viewers will understand.

Their brilliance shines nightly on MSNBC. And our sistah, Joy Reid, does an equally impressive job on weekends on MSNBC.  :clap:

Offline CLeB-28

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tsunaa.com
This man NEVER truly thought he'd win the presidential election so he said whatever sounded good to the cheers of his crowds/fans/paid actors but once he won the election the Con Man pulled off one of the biggest con in perhaps US history.
Sea Sick... Waterbound... Can‘t Swim... About to Drown... In the OCEAN!!!  What!!! What!!!

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News