News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: CIAA is off to B-more!  (Read 2121 times)

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
Re: CIAA is off to B-more!
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2019, 04:52:03 AM »
Royal Farms look worse than Shaw’s gym and Saint Augustine gym.  NCCU’s gym would be considered a penthouse to Royal Farm Arena.  Everybody goggle up this Royal Farm Arena for images and reviews
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:55:13 AM by CEME2 »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 06:11:27 AM »
Royal Farms look worse than Shaw’s gym and Saint Augustine gym.  NCCU’s gym would be considered a penthouse to Royal Farm Arena.  Everybody goggle up this Royal Farm Arena for images and reviews

You should enjoy Baltimore.  Royal Farms is down the street from The Block.  From The Block you can take a ride in a paddy wagon. 

Your problem is you are just a naysayer.  You didn't like it when The CIAA moved to Charlotte.  You have never liked anything The CIAA does.

Royal Farms Arena was named the No. 1 mid size arena in America.  I'll take the word of experts over you.  BTW, Lil Boosie sold out there.

Royal Farms Arena Ranked No. 1 Midsized US Venue

Does Shaw, SAU, and Central's gym look worse than this?

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline FSUHALL

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2019, 07:37:49 AM »
Folk ain’t going to games in Charlotte; heck more people be at some of the parties than the games on any given day!  These party contribute to the atmosphere but nothing to the conference, schools or kids.

Shut the parties down and Market the games so folk come back and support good basketball.
"I been through too much not to worship Him"

Fish and grits every morning and evening!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2019, 08:25:44 AM »
That B-more arena is a dump.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2019, 09:22:38 AM »
I'm not traveling to watch a game in a 50 year old shed, I can stay home for that, or go over to NCCU.

:lmao:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »
I'm not traveling to watch a game in a 50 year old shed, I can stay home for that, or go over to NCCU.

ooooh, no you didn't say THAT!
  :o

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
Folk ain’t going to games in Charlotte; heck more people be at some of the parties than the games on any given day!  These party contribute to the atmosphere but nothing to the conference, schools or kids.

Shut the parties down and Market the games so folk come back and support good basketball.

BOOM.

Not to say the other man's ice is colder (because it ain't), but a couple of D-I conferences have hosted their tournaments there (including the CAA) and from what I remember they did pretty well. There will still be parties and get-togethers and all of that with the convention center and all that other stuff down the street, and there are plenty of eateries etc. Enjoy the seafood. You just never know, Baltimore might do well with this.

I know you North Carolinians (well some of you at least) are salty that it's moving away, but shoot, now you will know how it feels to have to take that loooooooong-arse hump to go to the tournament. That is what we (BSU, VUU and VSU and now Lincoln) have been doing FOE-eva! :nod:

Look at it this way. At least Baltimore has a decent amount of black culture, and an HBCU footprint with Morgan and Coppin and their alums right up the street (not to mention the BSU crew). Think of where the conference championship football game is right now :no: ::) :brickwall:.... :tiptoe: I'm jus' sayin'... :tiptoe:

Try not to cuss me out in this response too much. I know y'all hotter than fish grease right about now. Y'all will be aight. :nod:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:47:17 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champs

Offline LULions

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lulions.com
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:44 AM »

BOOM.

Not to say the other man's ice is colder (because it ain't), but a couple of D-I conferences have hosted their tournaments there (including the CAA) and from what I remember they did pretty well. There will still be parties and get-togethers and all of that with the convention center and all that other stuff down the street, and there are plenty of eateries etc. Enjoy the seafood. You just never know, Baltimore might do well with this.

I know you North Carolinians (well some of you at least) are salty that it's moving away, but shoot, now you will know how it feels to have to take that loooooooong-arse hump to go to the tournament. That is what we (BSU, VUU and VSU and now Lincoln) have been doing FOE-eva! :nod:

Look at it this way. At least Baltimore has a decent amount of black culture, and an HBCU footprint with Morgan and Coppin and their alums right up the street (not to mention the BSU crew). Think of where the conference championship football game is right now :no: ::) :brickwall:.... :tiptoe: I'm jus' sayin'... :tiptoe:

Try not to cuss me out in this response too much. I know y'all hotter than fish grease right about now. Y'all will be aight. :nod:

:nod: :clap: :tongue2:
Melvin B. Tolson - '24
Langston Hughes - '29
President Nnamdi Azikiwe - '30
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall - '30
President Kwame Nkrumah - '39

Advancing the Legacy of America‘s First Degree Granting HBCU: 1854

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 10:24:33 AM »
Granted NC has had the tournament on lockdown for the past couple of decades, there was a time when we had to travel.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »

Let us not forget that the parties indirectly fund the tournament. It's the economic impact on the host city that drives the incentive package. Ciaa fans can not do it alone. Take away the parties and you may as well host it in Fayetteville and call it the day. No parties, no atmosphere, no restaurants, just a few pawn shops and a low class strip club or two.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
With a smaller arena you can increase the energy and excitement at the games.  That increases the appeal of the games. More fans will buy tickets over time

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Daddy Bulldog

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2019, 12:12:35 PM »
I lived in Baltimore.  Worked in Baltimore.  Attended school in Baltimore.  I love Baltimore. 

With that said, Baltimore is currently a hellhole seething with the unintended consequences of politicians feeding themselves at the expense of their constitutes and catering to the worst elements of same.  You think there was violence brought to Charlotte?  Well, just wait.  There will be violence waiting for you in Baltimore.  No area of the city is safe anymore.  You can be shot downtown in broad daylight and robbed at the Inner Harbor (which is now practically a ghost town). 

Had an overnight stay there recently that was marred by reality.  At a place I loved.  Merchants have fled.  Panhandlers outnumber tourists.  Annoying scooters available to the public zip by, and yeah... they're being used for armed robberies as well.  Corrupt, incompetent politicians have destroyed that city and for some reason, they still run for office even after their crimes are revealed.  Only in Baltimore.         

Offline Cub 7

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »
I’m willing to give Baltimore a try. I believe the conference was losing control of their marquee event and maybe this is a chance to start fresh in a major city. Maybe they can get people enthused about basketball again in a more intimate atmosphere. I thought Winston Salem was gonna be horrible for the conference. Though it wasn’t  great they made it work at the coliseum. That could be in the works. Im not gonna be a naysayer just yet. Touney was leaving Charlotte regardless.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2019, 01:30:56 PM »
With a smaller arena you can increase the energy and excitement at the games.  That increases the appeal of the games. More fans will buy tickets over time

Do you think there is  much interest in D2 ball at small private schools? The base grew back in the day when there was good ball play and  larger state schools were in the conference. Inspire of what some of you say, the parties did not kill the tournament.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News