News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: CIAA is off to B-more!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline B-more Eagle

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CIAA is off to B-more!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 09:15:12 PM »
I will believe it when I see it.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
i guess seats will be at a premium again

Baltimore may put basketball back into the Tournament.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 10:20:27 PM »
i guess seats will be at a premium again

Baltimore may put basketball back into the Tournament.

For some strange reason, I like this comment.  :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champs

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:26:15 PM »
Baltimore committed about $2 million scholarship dollars to the bid vs. Charlotte's current $1.2 million although $1.7 million was the goal. Additionally, if you recall, in 2016 the CIAA moved eight of its 10 conference championships out of North Carolina because of a state law ("the bathroom bill") that restricts the rights of LGBT people. So, bottomline, they were ready to leave.
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 11:44:22 PM »
CIAA was turning into Freaknik for grownups with fewer and fewer people going to the games. Worse, shootings were starting to occur every year. It was time to move on.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 01:30:36 AM »
CIAA was turning into Freaknik for grownups with fewer and fewer people going to the games. Worse, shootings were starting to occur every year. It was time to move on.

I hate to say it but you sound like all those racist in Charlotte who start crowing when there is a discussion about the Ciaa. Technically there was not that much crime associated with it, but the haters made it seem so. There are always incidents when other groups come to town, but  Charlotte people made it seem that crime was an CIAA exclusive occurrence. Aside from that, I do feel it is time for the tourney to move. When you stay in one place too long, people get use to you and start taking you for granted. 

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 02:54:28 AM »

I hate to say it but you sound like all those racist in Charlotte who start crowing when there is a discussion about the Ciaa. Technically there was not that much crime associated with it, but the haters made it seem so. There are always incidents when other groups come to town, but  Charlotte people made it seem that crime was an CIAA exclusive occurrence. Aside from that, I do feel it is time for the tourney to move. When you stay in one place too long, people get use to you and start taking you for granted.

Slow your roll bro. I had a chance to be involved with the CIAA for a while as my company was a sponsor. Heck I even gave free game tickets and hospitalty suite passes to a few on this board.

For most of its years in Charlotte the CIAA did great and there was never any crime, however that started to change in recent years. As fewer true CIAA folks attended more of the outside element took over.......and they bought the trouble with them. Charlotte was starting to lose the battle in dealing with those folks.

Racist? Naw bro.....just google it for yourself.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 07:02:45 AM »
It was definitely time to go.  In recent years all I heard about was outside events that were not directly tied into the tournament. I think Baltimore will be a good transition and with a large number of BSU and VSU alums living in Baltimore City and Baltimore County this will bring more butts in the seats.

This may be a bit far fetched but does anyone out there feel that this may be a way for the CIAA to try and make a subtle push for Coppin or UMES in the near future?

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 07:34:04 AM »
I hope that James Anderson is happy. FSU can’t even filled their own Athletic events with Alumni or Students. Do you really think students from North Carolina Schools will travel to Baltimore?  Crime is already in Baltimore at a record level. Fans will rather go gambling than attend the games. Dumb arse move.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 08:03:06 AM »
I hope that James Anderson is happy. FSU can’t even filled their own Athletic events with Alumni or Students. Do you really think students from North Carolina Schools will travel to Baltimore?  Crime is already in Baltimore at a record level. Fans will rather go gambling than attend the games. Dumb arse move.

If my alma mater had the guts to develop a fan base they would have more people at the games.

Students go where they want to go.  Today,  some will even fly.  I hope the conference scooped up space at clubs and hotels to have more control of the party revenue.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 08:18:49 AM »
Some of our CIAA Schools are operating in financial trouble as we speak.  JCSU, LC, SAU, Shaw, Shaw, ECSU even WSSU. Do really think that your students will travel to Baltimore.  Lincoln is pitiful.

Offline FSUHALL

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 09:27:47 AM »
Go Baltimore; I’m 30 mins away and can see my Broncos play now.  It’s about Scholarship dollars and those student athletes.  The parties are not that important because they only make money for those putting them on.

I’m certain promoters are getting their party venues together as we speak and you will know which Charlotte party is going to whichever Baltimore venue by CIAA 2020.
"I been through too much not to worship Him"

Fish and grits every morning and evening!

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 09:42:17 AM »
Interesting.move. Any news yet on hotel bar surcharges?

Some folks are never happy. Some of the comments cracked me up. Forgot the thread was about the cisalpine hoops tourney. I thought it was the Celebration Bowl thread.....

Offline EPJr

• Assistant GM
  • So Proud 2B a Panther; 2B a Union Panther
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 10:19:28 AM »
CIAA Board Selects City of Baltimore! Official Home of 2021-2023 Men’s and Women’s Tournament.

https://bit.ly/2LYmrmS

2x CIAA Champions - Go Lady Panthers!!!

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:40 AM »
Soooo, Charlotte has lost:

* Queen City BOTB

* CIAA Championship

Whats next?