The Reese Library of Augusta University in Augusta, GA (Summerville Campus) invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Reference and Education Services. The primary focus of this full-time, non-tenure track faculty position is to manage activities of the Reference and Education Services Department, including supervision and evaluation of both staff and faculty personnel.
Responsibilities include participating in information literacy-centered instruction, serving as a liaison librarian to one or more academic units, acting as the Coordinator of the Federal Depository Library Program, and actively engaging in scholarship, service, and professional development.
• An American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree
• Supervisory/management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work collaboratively in an academic community
• Ability to apply instructional design principles and technologies successfully in information literacy efforts
• Knowledge of Government Documents and the Federal Depository Library Program, or interest in learning quickly
• Five years post-MLIS of progressively responsible experience
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Demonstrated awareness of emerging trends in information literacy and an interest in library research in teaching, curriculum design, and/or information literacy initiatives
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development through scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility including publications, presentations, and participation and leadership in professional associations
• Ability to evaluate and assess instructional programs and teaching
• Understanding of learning management systems
• Experience serving diverse communities
For more information and to apply, please see the full job posting at https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/
(Job ID: 15410
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...
"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman