45 days. Friends, we have 45 days to raise funds to help Bennett College regain its accreditation with SACSCOC.
Over the past two years, Bennett has made significant gains in addressing our financial stability. Some of the significant strides made to achieve sustainability include:
- Bennett generated a surplus of $461,038 and had no audit findings.
- Bennett was approved for a capital loan deferment over a six-year period with a financial benefit of nearly $9 million.
- Bennett has steadily increased its fundraising from $3.47 million to $4.25 million over a 3-year period.
- Bennett’s enrollment has been trending upward for 2 years from 409 in 2017 to 471 in 2018.
- Our retention rate is also significantly up from 44% in Fall 2017 to 53% in Fall 2018.
- The average GPA of new freshwomen increased from 2.8 in 2017 to 3.2 in 2018.
- Bennett continues to support mission activities, and academic and student programs.
Despite all of these accomplishments, SACSCOC felt that we fell short. We are appealing their decision and working hard to raise money by February 1.
When you #StandWithBennett, you are preserving the legacy and excellence of Black Women in America. Since 1873, @BennettCollege has created a place for Black women’s voices and brilliance to be developed and cultivated.https://web4110.campusnet.net/OnlineGiving_406/site/donate.aspx?siteid=060f6ef2-f060-491f-9b58-adcf6831b337&LinkID=f3f06d75-59e5-43c9-8e37-ceaec056ad6bhttp://www.bennett.edu/administration/institutional-advancement/