News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Kevin Hart stepping down from hosting the Oscars  (Read 325 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Kevin Hart stepping down from hosting the Oscars
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:52:49 AM »
Kevin Hart is stepping down from hosting the Oscars after homophobic tweets surfaced on Thursday.

The tweets, between 2009 and 2011, included derogatory language referring to gay people and made disparaging comments about sexuality. Some of the tweets have since been deleted.

"I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year's Oscar's," Hart said via Twitter. "This is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past. I'm sorry that I hurt people... I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again."
Hart announced on his official Instagram page that he would host the Academy Awards for the first time in the coming year.
"For years I have been asked if I would ever host the Oscars and my answer was always the same...I said that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me as a comedian and that it will happen when it's suppose to," he wrote when he announced the news on Tuesday.

CNN has reached out to Hart's team and the Academy for a response.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/entertainment/kevin-hart-oscars-step-down/index.html

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Hart stepping down from hosting the Oscars
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 01:06:27 AM »
I feel bad for Kevin but this is one of those situations where your words came back to bite you in the butt. When he said those things years ago, he was playing to a smaller audience, little did he know  he would one day become 'Kevin Hart, Oscar Host.' This situation has happened so many times with people who said things while they were on the come up.  Yes he has apologized on multiple occasions but it is really the choice of the people he offended whether or not to forgive him.

There are a lot of black folk on social media defending him, but in my opinion,  those people are hypocrites.  Many politicians have said disparaging things about black folk but claimed they had a change of heart after becoming learned. Did we give those folks a pass, -no? 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:09:45 AM by Capler »

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 07:40:50 AM »
Those gay people are vindictive.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »
The oppressed have become the oppressors. I see this as a form of "racism" every black host who has been selected to host the show has some how been seen to have said remarks that the academy can't forgive. Others have said worse & gone on to host.

I just don't understand how an iota of people has taken grip of Hollywood and the media and now forcing everyone to concur to their craziness.

P.S. Don't debate me, debate your mother.
WE ARE ALL  MPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 10:11:35 AM »
I can't debate my mother because every time she gets backed into a corner, she throws Jesus into the mix.   :shrug:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Not today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
Award shows....NUFF SAID. ::)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »
Why Oscar Host Has Become the Least Wanted Job in Hollywood
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-oscar-host-is-worst-job-town-1165880
"Let's not characterize the IRS as justice." - Stone Barrington, from the novel, "Strategic Moves" (p. 142)

July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »
He's a freaking comedian and has apologized multiple times over the years for his comments.
Kevin did the right thing by refusing to apologize again and stepping down.  As badly as he's wanted to host, that took some courage.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »
The oppressed have become the oppressors. I see this as a form of "racism" every black host who has been selected to host the show has some how been seen to have said remarks that the academy can't forgive. Others have said worse & gone on to host.

I just don't understand how an iota of people has taken grip of Hollywood and the media and now forcing everyone to concur to their craziness.

I concur.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline House Rules

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 09:49:36 PM »

Yep, y04185. ^^^^^^^^^^  (I agree with j1908) :nod:

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 07:15:06 AM »
This whole scenario reminds me of The Boondocks episode:  The New Black.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x530g7k

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
Mike Epps talked about stardom and success can be denied or snatch from black people in Hollywood following Kevin Hart's harsh criticism of Katt Williams and Mike Epps - both who stated unflattering opinions about Hart and Tiffany Haddish.

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »
BTW, Black people are on the bottom in all categories with very little power, whatsoever, due to lack of everything you can mention that will make a group of people strong and efficient.

2017 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News