News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: 25 Years Later: Was 1993 The Greatest Year In Music? (NPR Music)  (Read 54 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
25 Years Later: Was 1993 The Greatest Year In Music? (NPR Music)
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:57 PM »
We had several watershed debuts, a handful of hip-hop classics, and alt-rock was still having its moment. Hear the playlist.
https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2018/11/08/656550176/25-years-later-was-1993-the-greatest-year-in-music
"Let's not characterize the IRS as justice." - Stone Barrington, from the novel, "Strategic Moves" (p. 142)

July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline House Rules

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Years Later: Was 1993 The Greatest Year In Music? (NPR Music)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »
I'd take '77/78 over any of the other years mentioned in the article.  Heatwave, Earth, Wind & Fire, Parliament/Funkadelic...the spring of '78 was pretty powerful, as was the fall....Heatwave followed up "Boogie Nights" with "Grooveline."  Earth, Wind and Fire was still hittin' it with "All 'n All," then dropped a greatest hits album that had the newly released, "Got To Get You Into My Life."  Commodores may have been the hottest group out there;  with Rick James, the Jacksons, and Prince, who debuted "Soft and Wet." 

I remember these like it was yesterday...and I grooved to them during the spring of '78 (freshman year at Morehouse) as well as the fall...good times!! :nod:

2017 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

==========