News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Hip Hop vs band  (Read 97 times)

Offline EL-COTTON

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Hip Hop vs band
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
I'm absolutely sick of the DJ and the the hip hop music at NCCU Football games. I would much rather hear our band excite the fans. When will NCCU rediscovere their fan base.We know young folk go to the school,but its old folk that make up the difference in filling up the studiam.

This DJ takes from the support of the band. We are the only school I have gone to that has this type activity where the DJ has taken the band out of football festivities instead of letting the band play.
Deeds not stones, are the true monuments of the great.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Go, Bowie, Go!
    • View Profile
Re: Hip Hop vs band
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
I'm absolutely sick of the DJ and the the hip hop music at NCCU Football games. I would much rather hear our band excite the fans.

::)  UGH! Sounds like the Honda BOTBs   :no:

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hip Hop vs band
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:28:10 AM »
I noticed that when we played at NCCU last season. Being a former band member that works in the press box now I see both sides of it. You definitely want the band to play and engage the crowd but on I also see the need for a DJ PREGAME and possibly a few timeouts. Not all of them. Especially not between every play like what was going on.

Have you contacted your AD?
Shaw University - 60 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

2017 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

==========