News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: How Dodger Stadium Destroyed Chavez Ravine  (Read 98 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
"Let's not characterize the IRS as justice." - Stone Barrington, from the novel, "Strategic Moves" (p. 142)

July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Blackwell

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: How Dodger Stadium Destroyed Chavez Ravine
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »

Damn, white people...

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:09:07 AM »
If you're interested in more about this story, you should check out this episode of my favorite local history show on KCET, "Lost LA"..................

https://www.kcet.org/shows/lost-la/episodes/before-the-dodgers

One interesting thing about this story is the fact that Latinos HATED the Dodgers for many years after that. What brought them back, and made them what is now the largest segment of Dodgers fans out here...............................................................................?

This guy right here................................................ :clap:

I've never seen a city go crazy for one athlete in such a short amount of time, in my life. It truly was Fernandomania out here. :nod:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:02:22 AM »
Thanks for that Ivan.

Personally, I wished the Dodgers had stayed in NY. I'll be a Mets fan 'til I die, but I still wish they hadn't moved. My Mom was a Dodger fan and introduced me to baseball when the Mets were formed.

2017 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

==========