News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Question for the aggies regarding your loss  (Read 2222 times)

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the aggies regarding your loss
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
A&T loss is really good for the MEAC. It shows that the conference potentially has others teams, besides A&T, that can beat a National contender. Now others outside of the MEAC will question if Morgan could beat the same teams A&T beat. A&T's status should not drop that much, but the conference as a whole, just got a boost. You can't take back what A&T has already done.

It's not good and no Morgan can't

Correct.  And since Morgan got boat-raced by Towson already, we know they can't.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 10:57:20 AM »
A&T loss is really good for the MEAC. It shows that the conference potentially has others teams, besides A&T, that can beat a National contender. Now others outside of the MEAC will question if Morgan could beat the same teams A&T beat. A&T's status should not drop that much, but the conference as a whole, just got a boost. You can't take back what A&T has already done.
:no: .....aren’t you the one who just a couple of weeks or so ago was already prepared to crown the Aggies BCF champs?  And you’re now giddily joining the crowd who are saying their losing to Morgan State, AT HOME, is inconsequential............whatever.  ::)

And your relentless obsequious-like FAWNING over the Aggies football program is a bit too much for me to digest on a cloudy, rainy early Monday evening in Nashville.  :(

Btw, since when the F did the Aggies become the paradigm/brand for black college football? Man, you clowns kill me with this bullshyt.  >:(

I said then what I am saying now. Go back and read my posts. I do think A&T is the team to beat in the MEAC. Them losing to Morgan don't change that and what they have already done. Their loss shows that the MEAC is a better conference than what most has thought.
For some reason we have a hard time giving each other credit for doing something great. My acknologing them as being great has nothing to do with my love for WSSU. Crabs in a barrel is alive and well on this site.
It not Crabs in the barrel or giving credit, its simple logic.  A&T losing did not help the conference as you keep trying to suggest.  When you play a high ranking team its helps your strength of schedule even if you lose to them.  They have dropped to 13 which means the MEAC SOS has dropped also because A&T was the only high ranked team most MEAC schools will play this year.  That was one team with one win, if anything it shows that Morgan was a better team for one game. :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:43:27 PM by Que82 »
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 11:00:57 AM »
The other sad thing is if the Aggies win out I don't see them moving up more than 4 places off MEAC play? 
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »

you really need to turn in your Red & White for some blu & yellow. 

Just sad.  :no:

I wonder if someone asked you who was your favorite college football team would you say NCCU or a power 5 school? WSSU is by far my favorite team and I will say it when asked. When you guys was great in basketball I was on our bandwagon. What A&T has done the last few years is outstanding for an HBCU. Similar to what WSSU was doing a few years ago. You guys hated us for being great the same way you are hating those dogs now.

If WSSU had a real rival you wouldn't be ridin' another schools jockstrap. It has nothing to do with crabs in a barrel.  ::)

It is crabs in a barrel. You act like acknowging their being good is "riding another schools jockstrap" but yet we do it all the time when we talk about the Dukes and Alabama's of the world. Why is it you can't see that they are doing great things without feeling you sucking up to them. This is the same attitude many had when WSSU made a serious run at the National Championship a few years ago. People on this forum hated us, but loved Alabama. Yes it is crabs in a barrel.

Two questions.......

1.) So how did an 0-8 Shaw team beating WSSU help the CIAA in 2015?

2.) If you don't 1,000% support all HBCU's you're a crab?

Just asking for clarification.

I made no comments about either of your posts above. They are not what we're talking about. If Shaw had beaten WSSU the year we went to the National Championship, it would have shown that the CIAA was more than a one horse show. But you beat us when we were barely .500., which means nothing in terms of CIAA strength. Most people thought the CIAA was weak in 2012 because we beat the socks of everybody in the conference.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2018, 11:50:10 AM »

I wonder if someone asked you who was your favorite college football team would you say NCCU or a power 5 school? WSSU is by far my favorite team and I will say it when asked. When you guys was great in basketball I was on our bandwagon. What A&T has done the last few years is outstanding for an HBCU. Similar to what WSSU was doing a few years ago. You guys hated us for being great the same way you are hating those dogs now.

If WSSU had a real rival you wouldn't be ridin' another schools jockstrap. It has nothing to do with crabs in a barrel.  ::)

It is crabs in a barrel. You act like acknowging their being good is "riding another schools jockstrap" but yet we do it all the time when we talk about the Dukes and Alabama's of the world. Why is it you can't see that they are doing great things without feeling you sucking up to them. This is the same attitude many had when WSSU made a serious run at the National Championship a few years ago. People on this forum hated us, but loved Alabama. Yes it is crabs in a barrel.

Two questions.......

I made no comments about either of your posts above. They are not what we're talking about. If Shaw had beaten WSSU the year we went to the National Championship, it would have shown that the CIAA was more than a one horse show. But you beat us when we were barely .500., which means nothing in terms of CIAA strength. Most people thought the CIAA was weak in 2012 because we beat the socks of everybody in the conference.

My first question came from your statement of the best team in the conference losing to a winless team somehow is good for the rest of the conference. Read between the lines SMH.

Second question comes from this line " People on this forum hated us, but loved Alabama. Yes it is crabs in a barrel."
You pretty much called anybody that wasn't rooting for WSSU a crab.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »

Two questions.......

My first question came from your statement of the best team in the conference losing to a winless team somehow is good for the rest of the conference. Read between the lines SMH.

Second question comes from this line " People on this forum hated us, but loved Alabama. Yes it is crabs in a barrel."
You pretty much called anybody that wasn't rooting for WSSU a crab.

My point was not the best team in the conference losing to a lesser conference team, it was a National Power losing to a conference member... big difference. And yes, its crabs in a barrel if you wanted us to lose simple because we were good.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »

If Morgan State would have beaten Towson, Akron, and Albany, then maybe this statement would have had more clout. All the A&T-MSU game showed us was that on any given Saturday,,,,,, :shrug:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
My thoughts for Ram55  is to take a leave of absence from the board until those intoxicants have left your body.

The BAD logic, exaggerated self importance is astounding.

People ALWAYS want teams on top to LOSE, especially if its perceived that they have too much talent and can't be beat.
Yankees, N.E. Patriots, Warriors come to mind.  The aggies aren't in their league, but you certainly are trying to put them there with all your fawning. 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
 :lol:^^^dude is RELENTLESS in his desire to heap praise on the Aggies, ain’t he, M&G?  :shrug:

Man, if the Aggies lose one or two more games, someone will have to come fit this mofo for a straitjacket because he will STONE lose his mind. :lol:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »
:lol:^^^dude is RELENTLESS in his desire to heap praise on the Aggies, ain’t he, M&G?  :shrug:

Man, if the Aggies lose one or two more games, someone will have to come fit this mofo for a straitjacket because he will STONE lose his mind. :lol:

Yep,

maybe he thinks it will get them to come W-S for a game.  :shrug:  :lmao:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2018, 08:17:58 AM »

Not true... I hate A&T. However, their beating all these PWS the past few years is almost political and deals with a lot of social issues dealing with HBCUs in the eyes of main stream America.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 08:56:16 AM »
Lol, you all need to pump the brakes on messing with Ram55. A lot of Aggies and other hbcu fans supported WSSU when they had their run (I wasn't one of em  ;D ). Heck a lot of Aggies even went to their playoff games.

Trust me, Ram55 has hurled more hate towards A&T than any other poster on Onnidan. I'm sure he'll be back to his normal self soon enough.   ;D

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2018, 09:08:40 AM »
Concur, but I hope he gets what folks are saying.  Trust me there are a whole lot of Rams who love that Blue & Gold more than he. A lot of folks got mad at me for getting on them about a WSSU vs A&T situation.......  definitely mis-placed priorities.

I'm about to assume a visible position in the WSSU family, and hope to use it to voice these and a few other concerns I have that keep us from being all that we can be.

Decks, while he may have been the most demonstrative, he hasn't hated them more than me! :D 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
Sometimes family has to support each other, even if we don't like each other. Their beating all these teams the rest of us can't seem to do makes me proud to have attended an HBCU. The same was true when NCCU kicks butt in basketball. But I don't particularly like either school.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:37:38 AM by Ram55 »

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2018, 12:16:14 PM »
Sometimes family has to support each other, even if we don't like each other. Their beating all these teams the rest of us can't seem to do makes me proud to have attended an HBCU. The same was true when NCCU kicks butt in basketball. But I don't particularly like either school.

This is true. I hate Hampton with all my heart, but I supported their win against Iowa State in the NCAA tournament. I supported their move to the Big South Conference because it's an out of conference game(and hopefully win! ;D) for NSU in all our sports. I support A&T because they are beating FBS schools, like Kent State, UNC-Charlotte and East Carolina. I support any HBCU playing a PWC, regardless of division.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News