News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Question for the aggies regarding your loss  (Read 1993 times)

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
Question for the aggies regarding your loss
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:15:33 AM »
Is it true that the game vs Morgan today WAS NOT counted as a conference game due to Hampton leaving the MEAC?
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the aggies regarding your loss
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:50:07 AM »
That is correct. It goes in the books as a nonconference game.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 05:10:21 AM »
The loss only hurts their FCS ranking. But if Morgan wins out it may not be bad at all.

Online JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »
Morgan State shocks No. 4 NC A&T to snap nation's longest winning streak

By Jeff Mills
jeff.mills@greensboro.com 
Sep 22, 2018

GREENSBORO — The long winning streaks are over. The No. 4 national ranking is toast.

And “the best 0-3 team in the nation” is now 1-3.

Alex Raya’s third field goal of the game, a 36-yarder as time expired, lifted winless Morgan State to a 16-13 victory over No. 4 N.C. A&T in a shocker at BB&T Stadium on Saturday night.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/ncat/morgan-state-shocks-no-nc-a-t-to-snap-nation/article_2e558e5e-0fa2-5562-99e8-fdc7b4a5d9c3.html

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 10:06:38 AM »
Morgan State shocks No. 4 NC A&T to snap nation's longest active winning streak

By Jeff Mills
jeff.mills@greensboro.com 
Sep 22, 2018

GREENSBORO — The long winning streaks are over. The No. 4 national ranking is toast.

And “the best 0-3 team in the nation” is now 1-3.

Alex Raya’s third field goal of the game, a 36-yarder as time expired, lifted winless Morgan State to a 16-13 victory over No. 4 N.C. A&T in a shocker at BB&T Stadium on Saturday night.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/ncat/morgan-state-shocks-no-nc-a-t-to-snap-nation/article_2e558e5e-0fa2-5562-99e8-fdc7b4a5d9c3.html
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »
Aggies if we end up going back to the Celebration Bowl we will have to thank Hampton.

Online JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
Aggies if we end up going back to the Celebration Bowl we will have to thank Hampton.

:nod:

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »

If you all make it back to the Celebration Bowl, you will need to thank a lot of others too - like SCSU, BCU, NCCU, DSU etc...
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »

If you all make it back to the Celebration Bowl, you will need to thank a lot of others too - like SCSU, BCU, NCCU, DSU etc...

the arrogance of them mutts is outrageous.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »

Uhhhhh.....I did use the word "if".

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »
Just outrage for no reason lol

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Ready!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »
 :lol:

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »

Well, DAYUM! I'm a SPARTAN for life, but you gotta look at whom A&T has beaten the last couple of years. FBS ECU, FBS Kent State, FBS UNC-Charlotte, I believe App State was FCS when A&T beat them a few years ago, I'm not certain,,,,,,, but my point is, wouldn't your chest stick out just a little bit if your team beat these FBS schools and played the way they have the last couple of years? I mean, dayum,,,,,,!  :nod: :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 03:40:38 PM »

Well, DAYUM! I'm a SPARTAN for life, but you gotta look at whom A&T has beaten the last couple of years. FBS ECU, FBS Kent State, FBS UNC-Charlotte, I believe App State was FCS when A&T beat them a few years ago, I'm not certain,,,,,,, but my point is, wouldn't your chest stick out just a little bit if your team beat these FBS schools and played the way they have the last couple of years? I mean, dayum,,,,,,!  :nod: :popcorn:

Crabs in a barrel

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 03:43:55 PM »
A&T loss is really good for the MEAC. It shows that the conference potentially has others teams, besides A&T, that can beat a National contender. Now others outside of the MEAC will question if Morgan could beat the same teams A&T beat. A&T's status should not drop that much, but the conference as a whole, just got a boost. You can't take back what A&T has already done.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News