News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Dallas cop walked into the wrong apartment — then shot and killed a man inside  (Read 1862 times)

Offline TU Grad

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tuskegee.edu
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article217981370.html

September 07, 2018 07:51 AM

DALLAS

A Dallas police officer walked into an apartment she mistakenly believed was her own on Thursday night and shot and killed a 26-year-old man who was inside, the department said.

The shooting happened just before 10 p.m. at the South Side Flats at 1210 S. Lamar Street, after the unidentified officer finished a full shift, police said in a news release.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article217981370.html#storylink=cpy
#TrustTheTuskegeeTrajectory#TrustTheTuskegeeTradition

2014 Divison II Basketball South Region Champs!!!
2014 SIAC Basketball Champs!!!
2012 SIAC Football Champs!!!

TU Grad - 2012 and 2006 SIAC Football Picks Champ!!!

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Huh? Mistakenly walked into an apartment she thought was hers?

Offline TU Grad

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Victim was black; policewoman has not been identified.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
A. How did you "walk" into an apartment? Did you lock your door when you left yours?

B. After opening the door, did you not recognize the surrounding as being not yours?

C. If this is a neighbor in the same complex next door, you being an officer did not know your neighbors/immediate surroundings?

Was this a plot to justify getting rid of your neighbor because of his loud rap music?

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
How did she get a key to his apartment? Was the door wide open? So many ????????????????? This doesn't make sense.
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
How did she get a key to his apartment? Was the door wide open? So many ????????????????? This doesn't make sense.

You'd be surprised how many apartments in large complexes can be opened with the same key.  Same with hotel rooms.  I walked into the wrong hotel recently.

That's no reason to shoot anybody.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
This story is like Swiss cheese, -filled with holes.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • BEWARE!
    • View Profile
*BULLCHIT*

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :(........yeah, agree with you peeps^^^, NOTHING about this story adds up.  So here's what I think.

I think some kind of prior relationship/acquaintance existed between these two.  Now that could have been a "hostile" acquaintance or it could have been "intimate".  But this boy was NOT just some random negro to this female cop.  Now the stories I'm reading say that Dallas PD have handed over to the Texas Rangers the investigation of this matter.  And that DPD will be pursuing "manslaughter" charges against her.

But I would not be surprised as this investigation proceeds that they might pursue more serious charges.  Meanwhile, this poor boy's mother and the rest of the family are at home on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia, in shock and in grief, wondering WTF happened?  :shrug:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
It's what happens when they fall in love with pipe, and the pipe kicks them to the curb, or start sharing it with others...

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :lol:^^^now see, soflo, your post in response to mine illustrates the difference between you and me.  I tried to be analytical and "delicate" in commenting on what I think may have gone down between those two.  YOU, on the other hand, said F that, I'm just gonna break it down to its essence.  :lol:

Of course we ALL can agree that what is most certainly NOT funny is that this gal, armed with a gun and a badge, blew this boy away under VERY mysterious circumstances.  There HAS to be some accountability for that.  :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:28:00 PM by Strike79 »

Offline TU Grad

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-Officer-Fatally-Shoots-Man-492675981.html

"Police haven't released the identity of the officer, though they did confirm she's a white female. The officer is not in police custody and Hall said Friday afternoon she wasn't sure of the officer's current location."

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
Word on the street is that they knew one another.  It is starting to make more sense.   

There is a picture circulating around with the victim and some white lady that they say is the cop, although she hadn’t been identified as of yet. 
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
VG^^^^if what you state here does turn out to be true, it would confirm the comments that soflo and I posted earlier in this thread^^^.  :nod:

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
My girlfriend Valley Girl is correct. I saw the picture.

I put it to my nose
And it dzamn sho' don't smell like a rose.
 :nono2:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News