News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Poll

Who will win the MEAC/SWAC Challenge Game

NCCU Eagles
11 (57.9%)
PVAMU Panthers
8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: NCCU vs PVAMU MEAC/SWAC Challenge POLL  (Read 1035 times)

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
NCCU vs PVAMU MEAC/SWAC Challenge POLL
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:27:41 AM »
LINK: https://nccueaglepride.com/news/2018/8/28/game-notes-nccufootball-vs-prairie-view-am.aspx?path=football

THE GAME

North Carolina Central University "Eagles"

-vs-

Prairie View A&M University "Panthers"

THE KICKOFF
Sunday, September 2, 2018 – Kickoff at 12:00 p.m.

THE SITE
Georgia State Stadium (25,000 capacity/FieldTurf) - Atlanta, Ga.

THE RECORDS
N.C. Central (0-0 overall, 0-0 MEAC); Prairie View A&M (0-1 overall, 0-0 SWAC)

MEDIA COVERAGE
Audio: NCCU Sports Network "GameCentral" at NCCUEaglePride.com (internet stream). Broadcast starts at 11:40 a.m. (Jonathan Duren, play-by-play).
Video: ESPN2 (Tiffany Greene, Jay Walker and Olivia Harlan)

QUICK HITS
• North Carolina Central University is under the direction of first-year head coach Granville Eastman, who accepted the interim role after Jerry Mack left to be the offensive coordinator at Rice.
• This is NCCU's first appearance in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge and the Eagles first gridiron meeting against Prairie View A&M University.
• NCCU received votes in the STATS FCS Top 25 preseason poll, after finishing last season with a 7-4 overall record.
• NCCU senior safety Davanta Reynolds is the Preseason MEAC Defensive Player of the Year and a member of the STATS FCS Preseason All-America Team (Second Team) after recording six interceptions to tie for second among NCAA Division I-FCS leaders last year.
• In 2017, NCCU's defense ranked second in NCAA Division I-FCS and topped the MEAC in third-down conversion percentage defense (24.5 percent).
• Since the start of the 2012 season, NCCU has scored 36 touchdowns on defense and special teams, including three defensive scores last year.
• NCCU returns just nine starters (6 offense, 3 defense), but boasts nine members of the Preseason All-MEAC Team: First Team - DB Davanta Reynolds, RB Isaiah Totten, OL Nick Leverett, DL Kawuan Cox; Second Team - TE Josh McCoy, OL Andrew Dale, DL Randy Anyanwu; Third Team - WR Xavier McKoy, and DB De'Mario Evans.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:31:54 AM by BIG GRAY »
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU vs PVAMU MEAC/SWAC Challenge POLL
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:33:23 AM »
MY Prediction:

NCCU 21

PVAMU 17

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »
Poll Attached.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »
My question is , Is NCCU better than RICE? PVA&M looked pretty good last week

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »
PVAMU look really good against Rice....IMHO should have won that game. If they (PVAMU) play with the same intensity and efficiency NCCU is in for a long afternoon.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 11:30:11 AM »
NCCU by 2 points

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »

We ain't never scared... :nono2:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 09:15:45 AM »
Boy, IF prognostications could win games- no need to play them.  Prairie View certainly is NO slouch team particularly in view of last weeks game against FBS Rice University. PVAM has been tested live, NCCU will be today.  PVAM prior game should give them an up  and they have a capable team to contend for the SWAC championship or surely in the chase.  NCCU will know today what direction we will be traveling this year.  Eastmans inauguration as coach is here and this is HIS team.  Respectfully I can't call this until 5 minutes left in this game.   TALK IS CHEAP!  PREDICTIONS   :shrug:  YOU GOT TO PLAY THE GAME.    :nono2:  IF both teams bring their "A" game, which both sides hope will be the scenario,   ;D ;D ;D and hope its me with the grin.    :shrug:  I call it a toss up at this point.  IMHO PVAM advantage is being able to tweak mis plays and corrections from live play. NCCU live action is self contained scrimmages,  only. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:22:14 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 10:36:32 AM »
I like PV in this game.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 05:06:19 PM »
Boy, IF prognostications could win games- no need to play them.  Prairie View certainly is NO slouch team particularly in view of last weeks game against FBS Rice University. PVAM has been tested live, NCCU will be today.  PVAM prior game should give them an up  and they have a capable team to contend for the SWAC championship or surely in the chase.  NCCU will know today what direction we will be traveling this year.  Eastmans inauguration as coach is here and this is HIS team.  Respectfully I can't call this until 5 minutes left in this game.   TALK IS CHEAP!  PREDICTIONS   :shrug:  YOU GOT TO PLAY THE GAME.    :nono2:  IF both teams bring their "A" game, which both sides hope will be the scenario,   ;D ;D ;D and hope its me with the grin.    :shrug:  I call it a toss up at this point.  IMHO PVAM advantage is being able to tweak mis plays and corrections from live play. NCCU live action is self contained scrimmages,  only.

*whisper* we play tomorrow.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »

Every game and opponent is different.   :shrug:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »
I don't think we are the calibre of a FBS team like Rice.  PVAM has speed and receivers with a quick release QB that can spread it to all receivers and backs and capable of runs too.  We have lived off of our defense and QB needs to better spread the ball to his receivers.  Yes we have a good team but have not been tested.   PVAM has been and it may show. 

Offline aggieman70

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
Where are the fans, stadium looks really empty. You eagles have not given up already have you.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 05:00:23 PM »
10,274 in attendance according to twitter.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 05:57:17 PM »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News