News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NFL players considering sitting out entire season until Kaepernick is signed...  (Read 1114 times)

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
NFL players are considering sitting out the entire season until Colin Kaepernick is signed

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/nfl-players-are-considering-sitting-out-the-entire-season-until-colin-kaepernick-is-signed

By Von Lozon

Posted: 3:23 AM, May 29, 2018

Updated: 3:23 AM, May 29, 2018

According to The Intercept's Shaun King, "several" star players in the NFL are considering sitting out the entire upcoming season until quarterback Colin Kaepernick and safety Eric Reid are both given spots on rosters, and that they are looking to get 25 percent of players to sit out.

“BREAKING: Several star @NFL players have told me they are considering sitting out the season until the de facto ban of Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick is removed and both men are given spots back on rosters.

They aim to get 25% of the players to sit out with them. — Shaun King (@ShaunKing) May 27, 2018

Kaepernick's last NFL game was in 2016, the same year he began to kneel during the national anthem to protest racial inequality.

Reid, who played with Kaepernick, kneeled alongside him. Reid also recently filed a collusion grievance against the NFL, as no team has signed him three months into the NFL's offseason. Reid's attorney also represents Kaepernick in his own collusion grievance, which was filed against the NFL in October.

Reid finished the 2017 season with 67 total tackles and two interceptions in 13 games.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio also reported documents that showed multiple teams viewed Kaepernick as "a starting NFL quarterback in 2017."

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Lets help them and not watch.

Mamba blood forever.

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I think it’s a great idea...but I’ll believe it when I see it. Money talks. Bullsh*t walks.  :tiptoe:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Lets help them and not watch.

Count me in. I will not watch.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

i said i wouldn't stop watching nfl football because of "politics".  but if the players decide to sit out, then i'll do my part too.  i will stop watching it if the players are willing to sacrifice a season's pay.  besides, it won't be as interesting to watch if up to 25% of the players sit out.  so they'll give me an extra good reason to stop watching.  i like the idea and i hope they don't back down...

Offline ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
It would be wonderful if they did, but at least half of the brothers and nearly all of the white, Latino, and Poly players wouldn't participate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

South Carolina State University

Offline Daddy Bulldog

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Finally, there is real evidence of collusion in violation of the collective bargaining agreement.  Unfortunately, it's the players.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Finally, there is real evidence of collusion in violation of the collective bargaining agreement.  Unfortunately, it's the players.

www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/30/nfl-owners-anthem-protests-donald-trump-influence

"This is a very winning, strong issue for me," Jones said Trump told him in a phone call. "Tell everybody, you can't win this one. This one lifts me."

Jones was deposed in Kaepernick's collusion case filed against the NFL in October. The former 49ers quarterback believes that the league blackballed him over his political views. Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem in 2016 to protest against racial inequality.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
 :no:.........these nuccas know DAMN WELL they’re not going to sit out the season in protest over the way Reed and Kaepernick are being treated.

A few of them ANONYMOUSLY mentioned this to Shaun King, and SK ran with this on the Tom Joyner Morning show and other broadcast entities with whom he has connections.

On the opening game to kick off the ‘18 season, ALL of these boys will be on their respective sidelines - many with hand over heart - singing the NA. These boys are employees, well paid employees, but employees nonetheless, and will do what they’re told.

End of discussion.  ::)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
:no:.........these nuccas know DAMN WELL they’re not going to sit out the season in protest over the way Reed and Kaepernick are being treated.

A few of them ANONYMOUSLY mentioned this to Shaun King, and SK ran with this on the Tom Joyner Morning show and other broadcast entities with whom he has connections.

On the opening game to kick off the ‘18 season, ALL of these boys will be on their respective sidelines - many with hand over heart - singing the NA. These boys are employees, well paid employees, but employees nonetheless, and will do what they’re told.

Will you watch?

Mamba blood forever.

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

This is exactly what I was thinking too. Again, I’ll believe it when I see it. Until then, I’m not even getting my hopes up.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Neymar^^^^^no, sir, I will NOT watch, and I live in an NFL city.

I actually started weaning myself away from NFL television broadcasts last season.  And now since the NFL "plantation owners" have decided to crack the whip and COMPEL these boys to stand at atttention for the flag and NA, I simply CAN NOT watch.  Sorry, but I don't "bigots" very well.  And I don't want any parts of their bullshyt.

Phuck the NFL.  >:(

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • I got HousePride!
    • View Profile
Phuck the NFL.  >:(

Brotha Strike, DITTO, sir!
*Welcoming MY weekend like....*

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile

Teeny and Little

Offline Daddy Bulldog

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/30/nfl-owners-anthem-protests-donald-trump-influence

Red Herring EB.  Trump isn't forcing them to exclude Kaepernick.  He's expressing his opinion in support of a rule requiring players stand for the anthem if they're on the field.  So what?  That's not collusion.  If the president couldn't express his views on sports, they would have put Obama in prison for colluding with gamblers with his televised NCAA bracket picks.  It's just trading on hate for Trump to gather support for a dying and incredibly divisive and ineffectual means of protest.  If the owners agree with Trump and think the players should stand, that's their right.  There is still no "collusion" within the meaning of the NFL collective bargaining agreement if owners come to the independent consensus that signing Kaepernick isn't worth the distraction.  You have no Constitutional right to demand to be on a football team; especially if your conduct is going to drive fans away from your stadium. 

Again, should the players strike over this... which they will never do, by the way... it would be in violation of their collective bargaining agreement; and yes, collusion on their part. 

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News