News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: 2018 TOP HBCU's According to Consensus Report  (Read 573 times)

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
2018 TOP HBCU's According to Consensus Report
« on: May 05, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »
https://www.collegeconsensus.com/rankings/best-hbcu/

TOP 25 best HBCU's according to the Consensus rankings
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TOP HBCU's According to Consensus Report
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 05:51:33 AM »
These polls are the biggest JOKE !  Makes no sense.  Not downing schools included but its comical to say the least where some are positioned.  If this is an attempt to help those schools hanging by threads from from closing, say so. :tiptoe:  I looked for Barber Scotia, Knoxville and Kittrell college to see how farfetched this list was in inclusion.  ITS A JOKE!   :snicker
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:01:08 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
All I know is that most of our schools better become more affordable and relevant or they will keep seeing their enrollments decline.
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »
More affordable.............................?
They're already the most affordable schools in their classifications.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
More affordable.............................?
They're already the most affordable schools in their classifications.

Exactly. . .I've said many times on here that many of the private HBCUs are too cheap.  In the age of Trump and the Alt-Right, HBCUs are more relevant than they've been in nearly two decades.  Perhaps a better expression is, "HBCUs better improve their financial aid packages or . . ."

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
I agree with all that has been said. I heard a church member today talking about the $60,000 cost and he said that the students are not being prepared for anything. Using the same figure, a neighbor a few months ago said the there are no jobs for them when they finish.

I suggest two things for black parents to consider... all parents really. Tell your college child to get a intern before they finish. The other is a statement in the Economist (British) not long ago. "The new class structure in America is based on education". So they have to go but they must plan wisely.

What I like about the "Brits" is they don't see our party affiliation or race. They just see "Americans".

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News