News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NCCU Women's Coach Stafford-Odoms Cuts Ten Scholarship Players  (Read 4749 times)

Offline blue haze

• Prophyte
    • View Profile

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU Women's Coach Stafford-Odoms Cuts Ten Scholarship Players
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/theundefeated/status/980127332366139392?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Today she called me worthless, but at least she didn’t call me a loser in life like she did yesterday.” – Alyssa Thompson   :o  Well M&G if this is true I guess the best strategy was to say nothing. :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:39:31 PM by Que82 »
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline blue haze

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/980137113805930497?s=21

National media is piling on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
"how does this move look towards the next generation of players?... Seems somewhat counter productive... #ijs"

This is the tweet that caught my attention.  As I have told my students for many years "Not only does it have to be right, it has to look right".  Perception is everything. :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »
Great.  We've now become a poster child/symbol.   ::)

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2018, 05:19:06 AM »
We were postal child - for losing.  That is going to change.  That team did all it could this past season and it was painful watching.  It wasn't a lack of effort.  They gave all they were capable of giving and she had a lack of talent overall on the floor.  She is an excellent coach but had few D1 type players on her squad which must have been frustrating to her and staff.  TSO is going after championship type players and her recruiting pedigree has shown she is the right person for NCCU today.  The team she inherited was an excellent group of students that represented the school as first class ambassadors which is why I hope they stay and finish.   They are not disliked. When the staff employment  depends on production, it become clear of desire to change the culture to a winning program.   Some folk are like wheelbarrows "useful only when pushed".  Winners you don't have to push and constantly cajole to get better.  The young ladies were self starters in the classroom and that discipline will carry on to productive lives for themselves and families.  In many ways they are still winners and we want them forever a part of NCCU. LETS GO EAGLES ! 

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 09:49:35 AM »
We were postal child - for losing.  That is going to change.  That team did all it could this past season and it was painful watching.  It wasn't a lack of effort.  They gave all they were capable of giving and she had a lack of talent overall on the floor.  She is an excellent coach but had few D1 type players on her squad which must have been frustrating to her and staff.  TSO is going after championship type players and her recruiting pedigree has shown she is the right person for NCCU today.  The team she inherited was an excellent group of students that represented the school as first class ambassadors which is why I hope they stay and finish.   They are not disliked. When the staff employment  depends on production, it become clear of desire to change the culture to a winning program.   Some folk are like wheelbarrows "useful only when pushed".  Winners you don't have to push and constantly cajole to get better.  The young ladies were self starters in the classroom and that discipline will carry on to productive lives for themselves and families.  In many ways they are still winners and we want them forever a part of NCCU. LETS GO EAGLES !

Dude, you overlooking the fact that one of the players she is cutting is one that she recruited.  That was her judgement, her evaluation. I get it, ....I got it wrong so you got to go...sorry I made a mistake on you, you got to go...after one season as well.  :nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 10:22:59 AM »
Schools all over the MEAC should use this as a recruiting tool against NCCU....

Hey you see NCCU is cutting players off their women's basketball team because they are losing.

What are you going to do if your son or daughter is cut for low performance on the field or court? Why put yourself in that situation , or your child. 

Some folk can wait to spread negative shyt can you.  You're a sorry mofo.

Your mad at me because your coach and AD have decided to cut players off your team because of your record.

The mission of NCCU is as follows , North Carolina Central University, with a strong tradition of teaching, research, and service, prepares students to become global leaders and practitioners who transform communities.

No where does it say, athletics or winning. Parents should be aware of the decisions of your coaches and athletic leadership.

If you don't like it , then stop it from happening.

No. What I'm angry about is YOU talking about using this event as tool to recruit against us. Really?  Who the fvcka are you to be spreading rumors about stuff you know ZERO about?

One of your own posters said that your school did that same thing except it was on the men's side. So when YOUR teams are losing the coach can do what's necessary to right the ship, but we are supposed to keep a losing program in tact.

You have no cred, you should change your name from professor to DROPOUT.

How am i spreading rumors? Your team cut their players who are a yr from graduating and want to be there. Yeah that's my fault.  :crazy: And if you think this isn't going to be used against you , your naive.

We had 10 leave, 6 graduated and four transferred. At no time was it said , yea you’re a loser we don’t want u in the program.

The coach cut a kid she recruited. Again , it sets a precedent that's now set. I'm just ready to see when the next sport has a losing season and how many of the kids are cut because they aren't good enough

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »
....or the coaches answer is I'm great and you're bad so you go. :nono2:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News