News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Everyone’s talking about the flu. Here’s what to do about it.  (Read 238 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
This year’s vaccine might not stop the virus, but – no small thing – it can reduce risk of serious illness.
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/stories/flu-vaccine-prevention-advice-from-physicians

Still not convinced? Check out the CDC’s weekly flu activity map.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Re: Everyone’s talking about the flu. Here’s what to do about it.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:06 PM »
This is some bad stuff this year. I’ve never had a flu shot and haven’t been sick in at least 8 years but it got me this year.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »
This is some bad stuff this year. I’ve never had a flu shot and haven’t been sick in at least 8 years but it got me this year.

are you well now?

just asking, but do you forgo the flu shot because of suspicion of them?

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Oldshits, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yershits Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:11:56 PM »
Well, the new grandson had it. We got him Christmas Eve and his mother FAILED to tell us that he was sick.  ::)

I was first. Had a previously scheduled Doctors apt the day after Christmas. I felt fine, but on check-in was notified that I had a temp or 100.8 It got up to 101.... and I had about 1 day of symptoms... but recovered quickly and fully and wound up taking care of the baby boy, my 10 year old granddaughter AND my wife, who BTW, was sick for a FULL TWO WEEKS afterwards.

And yes; we share child care duties EQUALLY... in fact, for SOME reason none of us can figure out, the kids AND grandkids ALWAYS COME TO/PREFER ME for comfort. When they were/are sick, they come to pop, not nana. And when the want to be held, they come to me.

So I actually had MORE exposure to the lil boy than the wife did... but got well in a day while hers drug on.

And yes; we all had our flu shots. Mine from the Department, theirs from our HMO.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:56:33 AM »

are you well now?

just asking, but do you forgo the flu shot because of suspicion of them?

Starting to get better now. I don’t get a shot because I never saw a need to get one. I truly go years without getting sick.

mrwiregrass

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 06:07:12 AM »
It hit me on last  Wednesday. Alabama declared it, A state of emergency on Friday. My job told to stay away for the week.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Oldshits, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yershits Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
It hit me on last  Wednesday. Alabama declared it, A state of emergency on Friday. My job told to stay away for the week.

STAY HOME!!! STAY IN THE BED.

Remember; you CAUGHT this mess from someone WHO DID NOT STAY THEIR SICKARSE HOME!!!  :brickwall:

Stay in the bed, drink plenty of fluids, MOSTLY water and most importantly, REST!

Get better!!!

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News