News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Buddy gets just one more year at SCSU  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Buddy gets just one more year at SCSU
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »
Okay.
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:42:28 AM »
I don't like that statement at all from SCSU. Leaves a lot of questions about the future

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »
Pough has to win 8 or 9 games to surpass Jeffries as winningest coach. I don't think he gets it with the returning players coupled with the players he will lose. Many Bulldog fans are extremely unhappy with him and his staff,

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
I don't like that statement at all from SCSU. Leaves a lot of questions about the future

Sounds pretty clear and straightforward to me. You got one more year to break the schools record because we're moving forward with another coach.
BCFNC:1948,49,50,54,60,75,93,95,97,98,03
SWAC Champs: 1937,38,40,46,47,48,49,50,55,59,60,66,75,93,97,98,99,03,13
Bowl Appearances:11 record 8-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:12 AM »
I've told ya'll about Buddy. But look who the AD is.

that's all...    ::)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 01:51:11 PM »

Sounds pretty clear and straightforward to me. You got one more year to break the schools record because we're moving forward with another coach.

Talking about their longevity in the MEAC. I do think its a positive sign they brought back Women's Tennis 

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
You can't blame a coach when they choose to leave. Because when you have a bad season, it could be over.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »

Talking about their longevity in the MEAC. I do think its a positive sign they brought back Women's Tennis

You're going to have to elaborate because that one liner doesn't explain what don't like or what questions you think or being left.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »

You're going to have to elaborate because that one liner doesn't explain what don't like or what questions you think or being left.

SCSU has financial issues and its has been rumored that they are going back to D2 to the SIAC. Them leaving the MEAC would hurt bad at this point, so that's why i questioning the vagueness. Why not say rebuild to win MEAC championships or Celebration Bowl. Something to tip off they would be staying

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »

SCSU has financial issues and its has been rumored that they are going back to D2 to the SIAC. Them leaving the MEAC would hurt bad at this point, so that's why i questioning the vagueness. Why not say rebuild to win MEAC championships or Celebration Bowl. Something to tip off they would be staying

I know you MEAC folks are not going to like this but.....if you are having financial issues and you are FCS....dropping down may be the best BUSINESS decision to make.  It's best that it's made internally than mandated from some jokers in Columbia.  Not many things come of of these southern state capitals that are helpful to state HBCU's....especially in athletics.
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 06:43:31 PM »

Make sense but that's not really anything they are obligated to do. They more then likely have already informed members of the conference if that is their intentions. There would be no need to inform the general public yet if it isn't final.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:28:15 AM by bluedog »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »

I know you MEAC folks are not going to like this but.....if you are having financial issues and you are FCS....dropping down may be the best BUSINESS decision to make.  It's best that it's made internally than mandated from some jokers in Columbia.  Not many things come of of these southern state capitals that are helpful to state HBCU's....especially in athletics.

There's at least one if not two that need to do the same thing in the SWAC.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »
Wow!!!   :o

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule