News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: NCCU Promotes Eastman to Interim Head Football Coach  (Read 752 times)

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:28:45 PM by BIG GRAY »
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Rich Eagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU Promotes Eastman to Interim Head Football Coach
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:09:35 AM »
A good move for continuity sake. Offensive concerns though. If offensive coaches stay we will be alright.
" IT is HE that gives us the ability to do all things"

Offline Eagle Banker

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Heritage First Credit Union
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:30:39 AM »
Jerry Mack is an offensive minded coach hence hiring a strong defensive coordinator with tons of experience like coach Eastman.
With Jerry Mack gone we need to hire a new offensive coordinator.
What many don’t know is Jerry called many of the offensive plays. And was co offensive coordinator.
By not hiring a offensive coordinator we are leaving a hole in our offensive play calling that was once Jerry Mack’s responsibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
North Carolina Central University, Eagle Pride Amplified!!!!

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 12:31:59 PM »
Jerry Mack is an offensive minded coach hence hiring a strong defensive coordinator with tons of experience like coach Eastman.
What many don’t know is Jerry called many of the offensive plays. And was co offensive coordinator.
By not hiring a offensive coordinator we are leaving a hole in our offensive play calling that was once Jerry Mack’s responsibility

You have a couple of offensive coordinators

TC Taylor

http://nccueaglepride.com/coaches.aspx?rc=613&path=football

Jason Onyebuagu

http://nccueaglepride.com/coaches.aspx?rc=614&path=football

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 01:01:48 PM »

???

you generally hire a interim as place holder until a final decision is made. I'm sure you know this so why the angst in your post?   :shrug:

your first sentence seems like two thoughts but not completed.

if Mack was co-OC that means we have an OC on staff, even tho' some of this years play calling were head scratches.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »
We will be fine.  Maybe better.  Jerry Mack's blessing was Henry Frazier.  Mack inheriting a cupboard full of talent resulting in his winning the conference three years in a row including his first as a head coach.   Mack credit is keeping it together with a mature group of young men who had been winners in high school in class and on the field, thus the increased number of seniors graduating from those prior recruited Frazier classes.  Eastman , I understand from those who have met him as a personable, approachable and as Mack was- a positive front porch for the program. My worry was for the staff, since Mack hire  at Rice as a coordinator who typically bring only himself to the new table.  As he admitted  "You don't win like that by yourself" so we obviously had a good staff on board and they stayed put in Durham with little change over during Macks' tenure.  I'm sure Eastman is aware of what our needs are to compete in the future.  We got to constantly strive to recruit  and out recruit ourselves.  The freshman on the team is talented and some came out by the end of the season who were as talented as the seniors.  Fixes here and there and Eastman should be fine.  I'm told he tirelessly travelled across the east coast meeting with alumni chapters and all feedback has been positive.  TO THOSE WHO ARE HOPING FOR A DOWNFALL  IN EAGLELAND.       SORRY!    EASTMAN WILL BE FINE.   ;D ;D :laugh: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 04:25:05 PM »

I was told that the assistant coaches want to remain at NCCU.  They have been out recruiting heavily.  Jerry Mack and T. C. Taylor were co-OCs.  TC was promoted to OC because Coach Mack knew being head coach and OC was a lot on one person.  TC did a lot of the play calling the last 2 years.  He and Mack were on the same page a lot.  In 2017 TC and OL coach were co-OCs.  The 2 of them will probably remain as co-OCs.  I think we will be fine next year.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:34:11 PM by The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green »

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
Hopefully your young QBs don't develop too much.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »
Well my Aggie friend it is more than a work in progress.  The goal is to be better than before and recruiting smartly to accomplish that end.  Hold off on the swan song for us Eagles.  Only one spoke was lost on that wheel and the remaining spokes should roll that wheel well.  I'm elated that a coach was found on staff and the whole will continue in place.  We are okay in my eyes. When DSWhite passed on, the system found her capable replacement was here too.  Why waste a bunch of time and money searching?     

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:34 AM »
I am actually still very excited about the future of Eagle Football and its new leadership.  We will still continue to strive for CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Go Eagle Nation...:clap:
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
Gonna be interesting to watch

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News