News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NC Central at NC A&T  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: NC Central at NC A&T
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 10:17:59 PM »
I played for Coach Broadway at central.  While Mack is a GREAT coach this lack of discipline is costing us.  It cost us in the Celebration Bowl and cost us Saturday.  At some point this non sense has to STOP!!!  We led the MEAC in penalties this year smh.  Somebody needs to be held accountable for this.  It really pisses me off too have a great coach that can not control his team. 

if you know someway to find out if this is being addressed it would be helpful.

Offline eagleboy31

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 10:32:49 PM »
We lead the MEAC in penalties.  It just happened this week, it obviously is not getting addressed. 

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:27 PM »
I'm looking forward to attending this game. It's been a while since I've been able to make an Aggie/Eagle game.

Thinking about it myself. How much are tickets?

General 35  Reserved 40

Plus tax. General admission is $39
Hey Eagles, we don't accept EBT cards  :lmao:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 10:51:31 PM »
We lead the MEAC in penalties.  It just happened this week, it obviously is not getting addressed. 

not to be argumentative, but if you haven't asked how do you know?
People are hardheaded. Are players who are repeat offenders of personal fouls being disciplined?

I didn't see the celebrating on the field because I was too busy high fiving everybody near me.  :lol:

when you bring up players celebrating tackles, TD's, catches, etc. do you know how much push back ole-skoolers like me get? I don't even know if asking the AD does she think Mack could do better with on field discipline would get Mack's attention IF he's not concerned.  :shrug:

Offline DJTheRealist

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. Fierce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccu.edu
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »
WOW...3 pages of comments already and it's not even the night before.  I agree with what someone said earlier we've got to do a better job of being more disciplined.  When I saw the team running on the field, I'm like why??? But you live and your learn and this team will have to understand they have to play like champions.  I pray to GOD this doesn't happen on Saturday.  Score your touchdown, and immediately get on the sidelines and turn up, or whatever but get yo @$$ off the field.  I don't think I can watch this happen again.  Below is what Joe Simmons posted on Facebook which I believe rings true.

Time for some truth serum. NCCU football has been so fun to watch these past four seasons as we have risen above and beyond what most people expected. The highs of winning football games are incredible and have benefited every program at the school. This years team was young and still has pulled off remarkable things and were essentially one play away from playing for the conference championship again this year.

The most disappointing thing about this weekends loss, is that the events after the last touchdown we scored may have been the largest contributor to the success of the hail mary that beat us. It's not that I think that's the reason we lost but it didn't help the cause. Those 15 yards could have changed everything. Ironically its the same penatly that cost us a national championship last year and in all honesty, happens far too frequently for a team that has had as much success as we have. We will be better for it and there is a lesson to learn from all of this.
1. Act like a champion and success doesn't phase you.
2. Play like a champion and others will cheer louder than you could ever cheer for yourself.
3. It ain't over until its over.
4. You can't keep an Eagle down. 1 more win to get this season.
I love my HBCU.

End quote! 
Co-Founder of the NCCU Screaming Eagles...Don't Mess With The Flock!!!

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:26 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Love and football/wings and beer

• Assistant GM
  • SEC Player By Birth,But White HBCU Law Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »
It’s time for some good Gaegogi !!! It should be nice and sweet because all of the super sweet Kool-Aid  the Aggies are drinking
11/26/2011 A Day for history the CIAA wins a playoff game and U.K.  ends 27 years of pain at the hands to Tenn

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 09:13:59 AM »
Yes, like the article stated - beating A&T will be a championship in itself and 4th annual bragging rights.  BCU won fair and square - it's no longer about them now. See you on November 18th.

Shows your inferiority complex when your season championship is beating A&T. Makes a lot of sense tho. See you on the 18th.

how are we inferior and we have won the last 3 games? I bet you didn't even graduate from a&t using that illogic.

It's a mindset. Coming from your coach down. He's giving the post game press conference and instead of answering and accepting fault for losing, he's spouting off how this senior class has never lost to A&T.

That senior class has never won a Celebration Bowl either lol. Due to dumb and undisciplined mistakes , which have cost u yet again. But u wanna deflect and talk about T. Bwhahaha

Again it's like A&T is the be all be all for NCCU. That's what i mean when i say inferior.

if you don't understand why he wasn't going to publicly scold the team for your benefit, well, that's on you.

Not my benefit , shows lack of discipline. Same thing cost u in the bowl game. You have had stupid penalties all year, just didn't cost u a game till Sat. But hey if u like it , I love it.

Got a funny feeling the undisciplined routine isn't gonna end just yet. Gonna be real touchy Sat

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
Yes, like the article stated - beating A&T will be a championship in itself and 4th annual bragging rights.  BCU won fair and square - it's no longer about them now. See you on November 18th.

Shows your inferiority complex when your season championship is beating A&T. Makes a lot of sense tho. See you on the 18th.

how are we inferior and we have won the last 3 games? I bet you didn't even graduate from a&t using that illogic.

It's a mindset. Coming from your coach down. He's giving the post game press conference and instead of answering and accepting fault for losing, he's spouting off how this senior class has never lost to A&T.

That senior class has never won a Celebration Bowl either lol. Due to dumb and undisciplined mistakes , which have cost u yet again. But u wanna deflect and talk about T. Bwhahaha

Again it's like A&T is the be all be all for NCCU. That's what i mean when i say inferior.

if you don't understand why he wasn't going to publicly scold the team for your benefit, well, that's on you.

Not my benefit , shows lack of discipline. Same thing cost u in the bowl game. You have had stupid penalties all year, just didn't cost u a game till Sat. But hey if u like it , I love it.

Got a funny feeling the undisciplined routine isn't gonna end just yet. Gonna be real touchy Sat

As always...what is new?
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Psifonian357

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
I'm looking forward to attending this game. It's been a while since I've been able to make an Aggie/Eagle game.

Make sure you bring your tobacco , i will provide the spit jar.

And PLEASE wear RED. We need it to be festive, it's almost Christmas

NAH! No red this weekend. It's a Royal Blue, Pearl White with a Classic Touch of Gold kind of weekend lol. 

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 01:20:09 PM »

you know you CONTINUE to make idiotic comments. I said the coach wasn't gonna make a PUBLIC comment to satisfy your need to hear something.

You did say:

right there in red is YOUR NEED TO HEAR SOMETHING.

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:51 PM »

Make sure you bring your tobacco , i will provide the spit jar.

And PLEASE wear RED. We need it to be festive, it's almost Christmas

NAH! No red this weekend. It's a Royal Blue, Pearl White with a Classic Touch of Gold kind of weekend lol.
I know you dying to come to G'boro to see some good football for a change.  Winston can't even beat DeVry nowadays.
 :lmao:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »

you know you CONTINUE to make idiotic comments. I said the coach wasn't gonna make a PUBLIC comment to satisfy your need to hear something.

You did say:

right there in red is YOUR NEED TO HEAR SOMETHING.

Bwhahaha , even your own fans want some information on the lack of discipline of your team. But you want to try and dress me down. Bwhahaha. Foolishness cost your school 500K and the ability to get more but ehh , blame me it's ok.

Losing hmmm don't know what that is at the moment but ok

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »
We blew it this year. The best team in the MEAC cost NCCU a 4th straight MEAC championship bid and that was NCCU. We have had an extraordinary amount of penalties this year and still managed to win. And we still had a chance to win last weekend as well as in Atlanta. Sidenote: we only had 6 penalties for 49 yds Saturday compared to BCU's 8 for 100. An improvement considering we had 15 for 141 yds vs Hampton.

As for NCCU embarrassing the MEAC with the way we play football, check the stats and you will see that it was Howard that had 11 penalties vs 9 for NCCU. We had more penalty yards though.

Trust this, NCCU Football is not going away. So get your rocks off this year.
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepherd, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »

".......
Bwhahaha , even your own fans want some information on the lack of discipline of your team. But you want to try and dress me down. Bwhahaha. Foolishness cost your school 500K and the ability to get more but ehh , blame me it's ok.

Losing hmmm don't know what that is at the moment but ok

THANK YOU for ADMITTING NCCU would have gone to the Celebration Bowl.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:36:47 PM by Maroon and Gray »

==========

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News